Actually, I'm not mad if Woodley vs Nick being is added to 202...

or someone who comes on in here for his mma news and he sees a thread title like yours. you knew what you were doing when you made that title :rolleyes:

Yes, referencing Woodley's much-maligned request to fight Nick on 202 and saying I don't actually think it would be a bad idea.

With so many people talking about whether or not the match-up would be good (most say no), writing the title up as "Actually, I'm not mad at THE PROSPECT OF Woodley vs Nick being added to 202" or "Actually, I'm not mad at Woodley vs Nick being added to 202 HYPOTHETICALLY" would strike most normal people as needless and unnecessary.

You are not most normal people, apparently.

I don't see why more fighters don't do this if they don't take much damage. Sure the weight cut would be awful but you're in peak condition.

Nick is the way better fighter but he has been inactive for quite some time.

I wouldn't bet on him looking the same.

If he was active and sharp, this fight would have looked something like Nick vs Semtex. Ofc if Woodley strikes and doesn't rely on wrestling. If he does, Nick vs GSP 2 will happen all over again.

I don't see why more fighters don't do this if they don't take much damage. Sure the weight cut would be awful but you're in peak condition.

After winning a belt, most fighters like to take a good six or nine months to use the championship as a platform to hawk themselves about the media circuit, build their profile and win endorsements.

Woodley offering to fight Nick at 202 is actually pretty high-risk; he gets a large one-off payday but loses all the perks which come with being a belt-holder almost immediately if he gets beat.

After winning a belt, most fighters like to take a good six or nine months to use the championship as a platform to hawk themselves about the media circuit, build their profile and win endorsements.

Woodley offering to fight Nick at 202 is actually pretty high-risk; he gets a large one-off payday but loses all the perks which come with being a belt-holder almost immediately if he gets beat.
Very true. Miesha and holly were revelling in it.

Back