Actually, I'm not mad if Woodley vs Nick being is added to 202...

YukisHeart

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
UFC 202 is only a few weeks away, so I see Woodley's offer to fight Nick on it (after a very quick turnaround) as kind of a one-time deal, predicated on the fact that Nate is the headliner.

It's a solid addition to the card, would bring some extra spice to the pre-fight pressers and doesn't really rob Wonderboy of an opportunity -- because there's no chance Woodley would be fighting him instead of Nick on the same card.

That is to say, the legitimate challengers don't lose a shot they could have expected otherwise, but the fans gain extra activity from a champion which they wouldn't normally get.

Wonderboy himself was aiming for a November shot, to be clear, and I reckon November/December will still be there for him regardless of what happens with 202.

Don't get me wrong, if Woodley doesn't get on 202 and still pushes for Nick as his first defence that will be some bullshit, but for this particular card the bout is just gravy and I'm fine with that.

Plus, if Nick beats Woodley (very possible; Nick brings the sort of build and style which has flummoxed Woodley in the past) then a match-up between him and Wonderboy is actually a lot more intriguing, and probably better for the challenger in terms of exposure etc.

method=get&s=tyron-woodley-rory-macdonald-gif.gif

Last edited:
How many years has it been since Nick has gotten a win in the UFC?

Diaz bros won't fight on the same card unfortunately.

Hypothetically though, I think Nick puts the beatdown on Woodley, too much cardio and a crazy good chin. Plus, his string of recent losses were to the elite of the elite

Hypothetically though, I think Nick puts the beatdown on Woodley, too much cardio and a crazy good chin. Plus, his string of recent losses were to the elite of the elite
Yeah Diaz can win, but does he deserve a shot at the title over guys who have been putting in work and getting wins?

Since when has the UFC been about who deserves a title shot? I'm confused.

Lol it would be a nightmare if Nick would win.
Because he'll just test positive for marijuana.

I want to see Nick fight, but not for a belt.

How many years has it been since Nick has gotten a win in the UFC?

Roughly five. You're missing the point, though: it's not that Nick is the most deserving of a shot, by any means -- that's Wonderboy or Maia.

The point is, this is a fun match-up which could be tacked on to an already exciting card which is happening in just a few weeks' time, wringing extra activity out of Woodley and generating more hype for the sport in general.

It doesn't hurt any of the more deserving contenders because Woodley wouldn't be fighting any of them at 202 as an alternative (no-one loses a shot which they could have expected otherwise), and it shouldn't knock them off course for the tentatively scheduled November/December title challenge which they were expecting.

Plus, if Nick ends up beating Woodley, fighting him in their November/December shot is probably more beneficial to them.

It's hard to be mad at something that hasn't happened...

Yeah Diaz can win, but does he deserve a shot at the title over guys who have been putting in work and getting wins?

Absolutely not. By all measures, that title shot belongs to Wonderboy. But Woodley did call out Diaz and Diaz does sell fights

This. I can see Nick surviving the first few rounds and then volume striking woodley to a TKO.

5 years out and two weeks to prepare. Makes sense...

you little bitch, i thought this fight was actually made. nice click bait fucker.

you little bitch, i thought this fight was actually made. nice click bait fucker.

It's what Woodley has been proposing since the post-fight presser yellowname, or were you not paying attention? I hardly sold it as confirmed, breaking news.

It's what Woodley has been proposing since the post-fight presser yellowname, or were you not paying attention? I hardly sold it as confirmed, breaking news.
yeah check the thread name you bitch. its okay, you just wanted people to post in your thread <36>

Ok TS - consider this scenario. What if the fight happens then Diaz pisses hot for weed metabolytes post fight and is given another long suspension?

yeah check the thread name you bitch.

Given the fact that the board is crawling with discussion about Woodley asking to fight Nick at 202, only a cringing, dribbling retard would see the thread title and think "ZOMG! Breaking news!!"

Evidently a cringing, dribbling retard is what I'm having to deal with, unfortunately.

Given the fact that the board is crawling with discussion about Woodley asking to fight Nick at 202, only a cringing, dribbling retard would see the thread title and think "ZOMG! Breaking news!!"

Evidently a cringing, dribbling retard is what I'm having to deal with, unfortunately.
or someone who comes on in here for his mma news and he sees a thread title like yours. you knew what you were doing when you made that title :rolleyes:

im all for some undeserved interesting title shots from time to time.But nick hasnt won a fight in 5 years and is 0-3

Back