Actors so awesome they expanded their part in movie

Yeah, this phenomenon is more common on TV.

For example on Arrow, Felicity Smoak was only supposed to appear in a couple of episodes, but Emily Bett Rickards did such a good job that her part kept growing until by the end of the first season she was one of the main characters.

Wasn't Urkel supposed to only be a minor character on Family Matters?

I read that the role of Agent Coulson was going to be a bit part in the Avengers movie but Clark Gregg did such a great job that they kept adding lines for him and now he is the star of the TV series. So that's pretty cool!!

Wasn't Amy Farrah Fowler supposed to be there for a couple of episodes and as a real-life science advisor-type on Big Bang?

One more, not sure if this counts though...

The Rock became Roadblock in the second GI Joe movie, then somehow made him the leader of the Joes over Duke. Watch out Vinny Diesel...

Christoph Waltz playing Hans Landa in Inglorious Basterds. A role Tarantino thought could be unplayable and given to an actor who was an unknown outside of Austria/Germany. The rest is history.

dramaturgia-oscars-christoph-walz.jpg
gallery_movies-oscars-christoph-waltz-django-unchained.jpg

Eh...I could totally see John Malkovich pulling off a good Hans Landa.

Within the context of an early 90s sitcom, within the perspective of elementary years kid, Urkel was awesome.

If they wanted to do a remake of that series, I doubt they could ever possibly find a child actor that could come close to what was nailed on that show.

Within the context of an early 90s sitcom, within the perspective of elementary years kid, Urkel was awesome.

If they wanted to do a remake of that series, I doubt they could ever possibly find a child actor that could come close to what was nailed on that show.
i think the worst thing was Stefan or Stephen or whatever his shitty name was

Not a movie, but Omar was due to die in the first season of the Wire

Eh...I could totally see John Malkovich pulling off a good Hans Landa.

Fucking hell, Malkovich could pull off anything. He definitely would have been a great Hans Landa. Hopefully he and Tarantino can work together.

The Janitor on Scrubs was supposed to be a figment of JD's imagination. For the first season, he would only interact with JD.

Struggling with a movie part...However I can name a few in TV.

Xena was supposed to be in a few episodes of Hercules that ended up getting her own series. Same can be said of Angel from Buffy too as well as the Fonz and Urkel in their respective series.
Lucy Lawless didn't even start as Xena in Hercules: she was a recurring bad guy in the first episodes. Then, she came back as Xena and they would make inside jokes on how she looked like her previous character.

Xena got a huge response when she became Iolace's love interest and that's what got Lucy her own series.

Lucy Lawless didn't even start as Xena in Hercules: she was a recurring bad guy in the first episodes. Then, she came back as Xena and they would make inside jokes on how she looked like her previous character.

Xena got a huge response when she became Iolace's love interest and that's what got Lucy her own series.
I didn't know that. I just knew she was on Hercules and got her own show lol. Learn something new everday...

I think Mork was on an episode of Happy Days and then they made Mork and Mindy
happy-days-mork-fonzie-my-favorite-orkan1.jpg

Back