Action movie with submission fighting scenes?

I think I remember Brandon Lee attempting an achilles lock in a movie once. His moves in the movie were all pretty much textbook JKD - looked great on screen.

Doesn't Agent Smith go for a choke on Neo at the end of the Matrix as he waits for the train to come? If so it must have been the only realistic move in that whole movie.

ok first of all one thing we need to remeber any one can throw a punch, but it shows training to do real fighting standup, clinch or ground work. Second the ground work in blade 3 was sweet for all of 45 seconds

Bruce Lee had (some) groundfighting scenes in his movies, if I remember correctly, in "Game of Death" he chokes the big guy Hakim (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar!), an RNC I think.

The best BJJ-inspired scene I ever saw was in Walker: Texas Ranger. I liked it because it had BJJ, but also some stylish (and nicely done) embelishment in the sequence, just like you might have in the striking in Ong Bak or whatever. Real, but a little "oomph" so to speak for hollywood.

Some baddy was on a knee reaching for a gun, or staggering to his feet or whatever and Chuck comes running up, basically runs up this guys back rolls into a sweet, smoothe armbar from the back. It was the shit.

game of death

bruce lee kills kareem abdul jabbar with that bulldog choke (just like newton vs miletich)

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Bruce breaking Chuck Norris' neck with a guillotine. Also, I know most people will laugh, but in the movie Orgazmo, Trey Parker is put to sleep with a blood choke:icon_chee
Also, it's an odd form of a crucifix, but the move Bruce taps Sammo Hung out with at the beginning of Enter the Dragon was pretty sweet.

Jean Claude Van Dam did an arm bar on a guy in "In Hell". Wasn't very good but deffinatly had arm bar charicteristics. Had one leg over the guys chest but instead of putting the other across the guy's neck he put it on the ground above his head.

Darwinist said:
A triangle choke in Lethal Weapon(but everyone knows that!)
Funny I had seen that movie so many times years ago but had no idea what a submission was. Very impressive for 1986.

Best of the Best Two has some decent stuff. The guy who starred is a Hapkido master

I know Cradle 2 The Grave has a scene where they go to a bar... and Tito Ortiz is ground and pouding someone... and I think Jet Li ends up fighting (and beating) couture, couture is on the ground and hes like "hey you win" standing over top of him, then all of the MMA guys... a few recognizable faces.. think I saw Lidell in there, get into the octagon and face him.

Dont know if there are any submissions... but ... along the same lines.

The fast and the furious..dont remember ifs its 1 or 2. But anyway, its when the white guy goes and finds the black guy at the demo derby. They get in a fight and the white guy pulls guard and holds him there and says something like" is that all you got! Cant you fight any better than that!?!"

Back