Acne

MuyThaiFighter

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What could I be consuming too much of that would be causing acne? My diet is very clean. I've done some cycles in the past but haven't done one in quite some time and I continue to break out on my chest, back and shoulders. I thought it had to do with all the almonds I was eating, but I don't think that's the case now as I've stopped eating them but continue to break out.

Is there anything else I could try? I don't really feel like going to the dermatologist for prescription meds. I thought about doing some sauna but I do plenty of sweating and shower right when I get home from the gym.

Are there any supplements I could try? A buddy recommended Lysine but I think that's more for canker sores.

Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) worked for me.

For me changing my whey seemed to work. For some reason Reflex whey gives me constant breakouts, and I've heard the same from many others. Swap or cycle off your supps one at a time and see if there's any improvement. Other than that, take plenty of fish oil, clean the shit out of your diet and drink your water.

Fish oil may actually make your acne worse if you take too much of it.

Dairy and grains seem to be the major cause of it. One of my friends had the worst acne I've ever seen until he cut out dairy and grains.....now he has the clearest skin I've seen. The turnaround was amazing.

Oh, how much is too much? I take 6g/day.

It depends on the person. All I know is that at some point, excess fish oil can actually be pro-inflammatory as opposed to anti-inflammatory. The actual amount will differ with each individual.

If you're having no problems on 6 grams than you should be good to go.

It depends on the person. All I know is that at some point, excess fish oil can actually be pro-inflammatory as opposed to anti-inflammatory. The actual amount will differ with each individual.

If you're having no problems on 6 grams than you should be good to go.

Oh shoot I didn't know that was you Sonny - you changed your avy! Alright, no probs thus far - won't change anything then. Thanks for the heads up though, still good to know.

Oh shoot I didn't know that was you Sonny - you changed your avy! Alright, no probs thus far - won't change anything then. Thanks for the heads up though, still good to know.

I must confess, I got that little tidbit about po-inflammation from STWACOACH.

my friend started taking a lot more protein than he needs and he started breaking out

if u ever feel like getting meds defferin xp gel worked wonders on me

a food allergist may be able to shed some light on this for you

It sounds like you are getting a heat rash. Look in to wearing different shirts other than what you are wearing now (cotton?).

Ive had acne for at least 8 years now, only time ive ever been clean was since last christmas. I started taking fish oil, changed my multivitamin and had a clean diet.

My skin was 100% clean. Ran out of that specific multivitamin and it came back, so ordered that multivitamin and i went clear again. Its got so many stuff in it that i have no idea what it is that makes me go clear.
Ran out again last week and no money atm to get some more so im breaking out all over.:icon_sad:

Also training(specially bjj with GI), makes my acne very very worse.

What other things have i tried?B5, peroxide, commercial stuff, nothing cleared me.

So however much they tell me it has nothing to do with diet i thing thats a lie, really need to figure out what it is that makes me break out.

Ive had acne for at least 8 years now, only time ive ever been clean was since last christmas. I started taking fish oil, changed my multivitamin and had a clean diet.

My skin was 100% clean. Ran out of that specific multivitamin and it came back, so ordered that multivitamin and i went clear again. Its got so many stuff in it that i have no idea what it is that makes me go clear.
Ran out again last week and no money atm to get some more so im breaking out all over.:icon_sad:

Also training(specially bjj with GI), makes my acne very very worse.

What other things have i tried?B5, peroxide, commercial stuff, nothing cleared me.

So however much they tell me it has nothing to do with diet i thing thats a lie, really need to figure out what it is that makes me break out.

Visit a skin-doctor and ask for Roaccutan

That a type of accutane?

If what you were doing worked, then I see no reason to go on accutane. Accutane has serious side effects in some cases so I would refrain from using it unless you REALLY need it.

The ONLY thing I've done different in the last six months ago or so is added greens. Is it possible I could be allergic to something in the greens?

I'm trying to pinpoint when the problem started but it was probably 6-8 months ago. I don't eat THAT much dairy. Certainly no more now than I always have. I was wondering about the fish oil. On average, I take about 9 grams per day, but I think I've been taking at least that much for the last year or more.

I'm going to try to treat it topically for now. I bought a Pro-Active knock off. The odd thing is that I'm only getting it on my back, shoulders and chest. My face is fine.

Thanks for the advice, fellas.

The ONLY thing I've done different in the last six months ago or so is added greens. Is it possible I could be allergic to something in the greens?

I'm trying to pinpoint when the problem started but it was probably 6-8 months ago. I don't eat THAT much dairy. Certainly no more now than I always have. I was wondering about the fish oil. On average, I take about 9 grams per day, but I think I've been taking at least that much for the last year or more.

I'm going to try to treat it topically for now. I bought a Pro-Active knock off. The odd thing is that I'm only getting it on my back, shoulders and chest. My face is fine.

Thanks for the advice, fellas.

Seriously, give Vitamin b5 a shot, it's water soluble so any excess will be expelled through your urine. I've been using it for close to 6 years and it's helped my acne a lot.

I went to Walgreens last night and they didn't have any. I'm going to try Whole Foods. If they don't have it, I'll order it online.

Back