Acne

Seriously, give Vitamin b5 a shot, it's water soluble so any excess will be expelled through your urine. I've been using it for close to 6 years and it's helped my acne a lot.
Problem with b5 is i cant get a constant supply as well as the scary amount of dosage needed.

All I can say is that Accutane/Roaccutane/Whatever is pretty much guaranteed to clear it all up. Talk to your dermatologist about it, and if they think it is appropriate - they can refer you to get allergy testing (to see if you'd react badly or not to it) and then give you a prescription. I've taken the stuff before and the only really effect I had was dry skin, which is helped by ample use of moisturizer/lip balm.

All I can say is that Accutane/Roaccutane/Whatever is pretty much guaranteed to clear it all up. Talk to your dermatologist about it, and if they think it is appropriate - they can refer you to get allergy testing (to see if you'd react badly or not to it) and then give you a prescription. I've taken the stuff before and the only really effect I had was dry skin, which is helped by ample use of moisturizer/lip balm.

Did you have any mood/depression issues. I knew a few guys in highschool who took accutane. It made a huge difference with their skin but a couple of them had major depression problems while on it.

I've had so acme on my stomach so I'll give the B5 a shot and report back.

Hmm, I dont really have bad acne or nothing. But I do have pimples and it really flares after / during trianing / lifting. I may try to get some of that b5 stuff to see how it works out :)

if it is acne most likely it is an alergy to dairy products... trust me i had suffered with acne as a teen up until about 21 years old. in all my years of trying different meds and face creams etc. i have found that dairy, but more specificaly milk is the main cause for breakouts...

if it is acne most likely it is an alergy to dairy products... trust me i had suffered with acne as a teen up until about 21 years old. in all my years of trying different meds and face creams etc. i have found that dairy, but more specificaly milk is the main cause for breakouts...

well, everyone has a reason for their own breakouts, and you can't justify your reason just because you've had acne for x many years. dairy was the problem for you, but i'm sure for many other people it's not.

it might be on the diet, make some minor tweaks and see if it helps or worsens it and go from there. obviously grains,dairies,proteins,or even your fish oil intake could greatly affect it. personally vitaman b5 worked on my skin and helped other people i know

Did you have any mood/depression issues. I knew a few guys in highschool who took accutane. It made a huge difference with their skin but a couple of them had major depression problems while on it.

No I had no other issues, my dermatologist asked me a few times on my regular checkups if I'd experienced any side effects (mood swings/depression/dramatic weight loss), and said that if I had any to call him immediately and stop the cycle. Problem is that, a lot of these symptoms come from teenagers, so often pinpointing the exact cause of the mood swings/depression/whatever is difficult because of puberty, or other external issues (social issues particularly).

I'm not saying that there aren't any side effects - just that from my own experience, my side effects were very mild and easily manageable. But you're right - it is an extremely powerful drug, and people shouldn't take it if they don't have too (my acne was severe).

No I had no other issues, my dermatologist asked me a few times on my regular checkups if I'd experienced any side effects (mood swings/depression/dramatic weight loss), and said that if I had any to call him immediately and stop the cycle. Problem is that, a lot of these symptoms come from teenagers, so often pinpointing the exact cause of the mood swings/depression/whatever is difficult because of puberty, or other external issues (social issues particularly).

I agree actually. With a lot of teenagers it's tough to tell if they're actually depressed or just a whiny emo.

I agree actually. With a lot of teenagers it's tough to tell if they're actually depressed or just a whiny emo.

i've heard of a couple people actually having "depression" in high school - and you wouldn't of known it at all - they veiled it well. the outwardly-depressed people are the whiny emo ***s.

Pretty sure the B5 has done the trick. Most of my acne is gone after a couple weeks of 3g per day. It started going away, then I ran out of B5 and it came back. I'm back on it now and it's drying up again.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Pretty sure the B5 has done the trick. Most of my acne is gone after a couple weeks of 3g per day. It started going away, then I ran out of B5 and it came back. I'm back on it now and it's drying up again.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Glad it's working for you.

Between B5 and a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide wash, I never got another zit.

If no one's advice works for you after a couple weeks or months you may have to bite the bullet and get some meds from the dermatologist.

Back