According to FightMetric Ronda landed 7 significant strikes on Nunes. When in the fight was that?

I have closely watched fights & counted "strikes landed" very tediously... like in slow motion n stuff... & saw fight metric had a whole lot more strikes listed for the same fight.

The best I can tell... they count blocked shots.
As significant strikes? Could as well count strikes which don't land at all.

Fight metrix is retarded... look at any Floyd mayweather fight
Its way more accurate in boxing imo. But yea, its always been a stupid thing. If it was a proper tool to score fights, judges wouldnt be required.

She was waving her hands in the air trying to push those punches back. Shouldn't be counted as Significant strikes. You might aswell be counting Jake Shields punches as knock downs from now on

I counted at least 7 significant headbutts to Nunes' right hand. Can't believe some of you missed them, tbh.

Rhonda won the whole round...they got the results wrong!

As significant strikes? Could as well count strikes which don't land at all.
I agree... to a point. A blocked shot still hurts... & so it means more than a missed shot... but certainly shouldn't be a "significant" shot.

I used to use the term "significant strikes" in Sherdog discussions until I realized how bastardized that term haz been made.

I'm not sure where UFC gets their "significant strike" count from... but theirz appears to do the same thing. I have no idea what their criteria is to distinguish between significant & non-significant strikes.

Long story short... those stats don't mean sh*t.

Not even trying to be a dickhead, I'm not saying this to stress out how bad Ronda did (that should be obvious) but I seriously can't see it. I rewatched the fight and I don't see Ronda landing anything significant - at all.

They have it 27-7.
http://www.fightmetric.com/

Isn't a significant strike a punch or kick (or knee or elbow) which has at least the potential to do some damage or which at least lands clean? I saw Ronda landing some significant strikes against Holm, not many but they were there, definitely. Yesterday? 2 weird 'kicks' which barely touched Amanda's forearms, 1-2 jabs in the air, apart from that she was blocking punches with her face. Do they hand out a couple of points for political correctness?

This is another great example of how all these metrics are someone's interpretation of the fight. Ronda flailing her limbs & managing a few frames by accident count as punches?

Pauli Malinagi talked about this.

Ronda didn't land one significant strike in that entire 48 second execution.

Exactly. I had Ronda winning the round.
Did you notice her grabbing the fence like she was going to sit down, maybe it was so loud in there she thought she heard the bell.

Rematch pls with no ref pls.

Not even trying to be a dickhead, I'm not saying this to stress out how bad Ronda did (that should be obvious) but I seriously can't see it. I rewatched the fight and I don't see Ronda landing anything significant - at all.

They have it 27-7.

Isn't a significant strike a punch or kick (or knee or elbow) which has at least the potential to do some damage or which at least lands clean? I saw Ronda landing some significant strikes against Holm, not many but they were there, definitely. Yesterday? 2 weird 'kicks' which barely touched Amanda's forearms, 1-2 jabs in the air, apart from that she was blocking punches with her face. Do they hand out a couple of points for political correctness?
She landed 7 headsets huge on Amanda's fists

Just god to show that "significant "strikes is absolute bullshit. Joanna has records for them, but really, how many of those strikes were significant to the fight?

They were counting shots her Alter-Ego landed during the fight.

200.gif

200.gif

It's the same reason Nate supposedly landed more sig strikes than Conor in the rematch Lol. They count everything.

They have it 27-7.

She hit Nunes fist with her face

Fightmetric must've mistaken Ronda's head for one of her fists.

Just rewatched, only saw Ronda throw 4 actual strikes. 3 Royce Graciesque push kicks, and one wild right hand. The right hand may have grazed Nunes' but the camera was behind Nunes' when it was thrown so I couldn't tell where or if it landed.

Thanks for doing the hard work the rest of us weren't interested in doing.

Ronda landed 1 significant strike.
There. I outdid Fightmetric. Pay me

I didn't notice her land a single punch.

To be fair though I was completely fixated on her head bouncing around the octagon.

Back