According to FightMetric Ronda landed 7 significant strikes on Nunes. When in the fight was that?

lecter

not even webscale
@Silver
Reaction score
Not even trying to be a dickhead, I'm not saying this to stress out how bad Ronda did (that should be obvious) but I seriously can't see it. I rewatched the fight and I don't see Ronda landing anything significant - at all.

They have it 27-7.
http://www.fightmetric.com/

Isn't a significant strike a punch or kick (or knee or elbow) which has at least the potential to do some damage or which at least lands clean? I saw Ronda landing some significant strikes against Holm, not many but they were there, definitely. Yesterday? 2 weird 'kicks' which barely touched Amanda's forearms, 1-2 jabs in the air, apart from that she was blocking punches with her face. Do they hand out a couple of points for political correctness?

She landed one punch from what I remember. Nothing significant though.

Ive never given these stat sites the time of day. its always seemed off to me.

IMO, she landed zero significant strikes. Nunes probably landed 6 or 7

She did land a wild "slapping" arm punch while getting clocked by Nunez

Ronda rousey was never my significant strike - Dana white

Ive never given these stat sites the time of day. its always seemed off to me.

IMO, she landed zero significant strikes.
I agree it often seems off but after a 5 round fight, it's hard to judge their stats imo.
Maybe they're off, maybe your memory is.
After such a short fight it's a bit easier, or at least it should be.

She significantly hit Amanda's hands with her face several times.

Thats my point anything that looks like it lands is recorded. Which is why the idiots taking about the shots Cruz landed are clueless when he landed maybe 10 legit shots the rest were all sloppy glancing blows.

Glancing blows are not significant strikes.

There should be total shots landed, significant shots landed they should be separate.

They might be counting some damage done to Nunes' fists by Ronda's face.

everybody shitting on Ronda when you can't even so how much improved her handspeed was. you guys couldn't even see the punches she landed they were so fast

Fight metrix is retarded... look at any Floyd mayweather fight

There have been fights or rounds here & there that I've carefully counted "strikes landed" very tediously... like in slow motion n stuff... so there waz no doubt I knew exactly what happened. I noticed a couple of times I did that... fight metric had a whole lot more strikes listed for the same fight.

The best I can tell... they count blocked shots.

Just rewatched, only saw Ronda throw 4 actual strikes. 3 Royce Graciesque push kicks, and one wild right hand. The right hand may have grazed Nunes' but the camera was behind Nunes' when it was thrown so I couldn't tell where or if it landed.

everybody shitting on Ronda when you can't even so how much improved her handspeed was. you guys couldn't even see the punches she landed they were so fast
Exactly. I had Ronda winning the round.

I agree it often seems off but after a 5 round fight, it's hard to judge their stats imo.
Maybe they're off, maybe your memory is.
After such a short fight it's a bit easier, or at least it should be.
lol whats up with the random jake shields avatar?

Back