acadamy list that i have visited

ii tried to add you to the thread title but it wouldnt let me

so GP what's your veridict, what is the best academy you've been to? I mean who were the toughest and the most technical from all those travels? that's what I would like to know :)

Been to like 5-6 schools in North New Jersey, if anyone needs feedback.

guardpasser said:
so if anyone needs info or questions about the training at these places....pm me

north carolina
tean roc chapel hill
team rock raliegh

Hey! I was a CH Roc guy! I just moved to SF though.

What is your name, and did you visit there in the last year?

i was there for a couple weeks, wore a gi most of the time.

just added team praxis in Ga to the list

COMING SOON: TUDO BEM BJJ CARROLLTON, GA.
i will be opening a bjj school at golds gym there two nights a week for the next year

i was there in January05
Carlson, Jr and the other black belt were all there, Carlson wife was there also. it was a good couple training sessions.

TTT for the latset list update.
Dont forget Blake I run class on Wednesday nights in Carrollton, GA.
I train at Barra the other nights

That's cool that you visited so many gyms. Do you have any interesting stories?

one was in Dallas at a private lesson with Shaolin. I was a little fat at the time and we were working open guard passes and chokes form rear mount. we worked on techniques for 30 minutes and rolled for 20. At the end he let me know several things to work on. he said
"you know a lot of techniques but your belly is in the way of them. you need to lose the belly to get the techniques to work better."
he basically punkd me over my belly

I was bouncing at a club one night and there was a group of people there that could not hear. they were hanging out, drinking, dancing, they could feel the beat of the music and they would dance to it.
as the night progressed one of them got a little tipsy and got in a little fight, none of the bouncers could control him so i went in and grabbed him. the dude dove for my feet and for some reason I pulled guard, i wrapped him very tight and and started scooting out the door with him, i got him outside and as i let him go i kept him close to me and patted him on the back, I guess he understood at that point it was time to stop and he calmed down.

we were rolling one night and a black belt was rolling with an upper level blue. the black belt had N/S and was bearing his pelvis in the face of the blue belt and setting up an arm bar. The blue belt all of a sudden said "i feel something squishy on my face", the entire class stopped and laughed at him for a long time. a good example for one of those "motivational" posters.

anyone ever go to ama fight club in whippany nj i wanted to go there but i heard it is a little pricy anyone know how much it costs a month?

Good Job Man. I Wish I Had Your List I Only Trained At Like To Spots. Keep It Up Man You Will Learn A Lot. Im Very Jealous

Just curious what you thought of North Fl BJJ & Victor Huber... I'm from Jax & have a home there, but haven't been home in a year. When I go back, I'll need to find a place to train. From what I've seen, there are now like 3 or 4 decent gyms in Jax.

Back