• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov: I forgive Conor

Khabib's father is acting the reasonable and mature person in this instance.

You are a mentally weak person if you allow people to get you so upset just over words.
Everyone loses it every once in a while. Its called being human.

Everyone loses it every once in a while. Its called being human.

There are lots of mentally strong people that you could never goad into doing something stupid just by insulting them. If you can get sent into an uncontrollable anger like that then people hold power over you.

There are lots of mentally strong people that you could never goad into doing something stupid just by insulting them. If you can get sent into an uncontrollable anger like that then people hold power over you.

a Russian Muslim being trashed for his religion is a constant problem for Dagestanis

take a temperature of the global hatred of regular, everyday practicing muslims and come tell us it isn't bad out there

a Russian Muslim being trashed for his religion is a constant problem for Dagestanis

take a temperature of the global hatred of regular, everyday practicing muslims and come tell us it isn't bad out there
Just browse through this thread, that should be enough.

No one is perfect,and Khabib was put in an intense pressure situation,Mr holier than thou

It doesn't matter what the insult is, you still failed in the mental battle if you allow someone to rile you up like that.

Khabib's father is in that very same situation you're talking about and yet he isn't throwing childish tantrums.

It doesn't matter what the insult is, you still failed in the mental battle if you allow someone to rile you up like that

that's just excusing the behavior

if you walk around calling everyone in NYC a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: until you got punched in the face, you put yourself in that position with your own lack of self control, it's not a testament to the failure of others

respect is a two way street

No one is perfect,and Khabib was put in an intense pressure situation,Mr holier than thou

We've heard more racist things said than in MMA situations than anything that was said in this situation, yet we haven't seen other fighters lose control. Not even fighters that lost, which is a far worse situation than what Khabib and his team was in as they had a great victory in the cage.

If you want to see me as being "holier than thou" then I'd have to see you as someone that excuses illegal violent behavior.

It doesn't matter what the insult is, you still failed in the mental battle if you allow someone to rile you up like that.

Khabib's father is in that very same situation you're talking about and yet he isn't throwing childish tantrums.
His father is wiser. With time, Khabib will get there. He fucked up, and I’m sure his father will provide guidance, as he alluded to earlier.

"Generally" doesn't mean anything here.
This is not a rule, multiple examples prove it wrong.

Champion =/= good, morally strong, well-raised person.

This isn't a court of law you stupid cunt.

Khabib's dad crushed it.

Don't project your shitty childhood on to other people.

When you promote a clown don't be surprised if you get a circus.

Conor is a caricature, a clown, and a .500 fighter. Him and his team got what they deserve.

While I don't condone jumping into the crowd, you have to remember that some people (Khabib) aren't all talk.

Conor, Dildo, they are all talk. And that's ok, they have every right to talk. But you cannot be surprised or butthurt if that talk leads to consequences.

Is 9-2 in the UFC

7-0 in his proper weight class

Is a .500 fighter

Lmao

that's just excusing the behavior

if you walk around calling everyone in NYC a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: until you got punched in the face, you put yourself in that position with your own lack of self control, it's not a testament to the failure of others

respect is a two way street

I'm not excusing what has been said, but words are never equal to violence and if you have to resort to the latter you've displayed mental weakness and showed that you can't handle the mental battle.

Saying disrespectful or even disgusting things is still legal, assaulting someone is not. Don't try to put them on equal ground.

His father is wiser. With time, Khabib will get there. He fucked up, and I’m sure his father will provide guidance, as he alluded to earlier.

I agree. I'm just describing how I see the matter, I'm of course not condemning Khabib for eternity for one action.

We've heard more racist things said than in MMA situations than anything that was said in this situation, yet we haven't seen other fighters lose control. Not even fighters that lost, which is a far worse situation than what Khabib and his team was in as they had a great victory in the cage.

If you want to see me as being "holier than thou" then I'd have to see you as someone that excuses illegal violent behavior.
I dont excuse it,but i understand it.

The lesson learned f
For all the shit Islam gets here in the West (which is honestly understandable), what I remember the most of my childhood growing up in the Middle East is Islam teaching us to forgive our enemies. That message sadly seems to be not as important anymore.

I can tell what kind of Muslim Khabibs dad is. I know the type. Where I came from there were basically two kinds of Muslims, translated literally, the "Lovers" (habayeb) and the "Brothers" (ikhwan). Lovers were good Muslims, that preach forgiveness and charity and stuff like that, while Brothers were mostly more militant and not people you want to get in a religious debate with on your bus ride to work at 7am. Khabibs old man is definitely a Lover.
This is why martial arts is so critical. Without that energy and expression being properly channeled it gets manifested in all sorts of destructive ways. In this sense we are no different than dogs that need to be walked.

Conor,his bus attack,the words,the situation where he had to succeed or end up like Aldo etc
It DID get into Khabib's head,but it fueled him to victory rather than make him collapse under the pressure. Maybe the release of winning also made him lose control,but I think its was a lapse rather than the guy is an unhinged pyschopath.

Back