Abdelaziz: Commission held Palhares' win bonus; champ could be stripped of WSOF belt

if thats the case then he has no self control or can't comprehend what other people are telling him and shouldn't be allowed to fight again in a sanctioned fight because the ref would not be able to control him

No argument here.

Palhares missed his era. He belongs in a coliseum, not in a cage.

Dude would kimura a lion.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/13/...s-rousimar-palhares-injured-training-partners

"I can say this - nobody ever defended him as much as I did every time he made a mistake like this. In the beginning I thought it was because he was naive or had too much nervous energy during the fights.

"But then he caused a lot of incidents inside my academy during his camps and I changed my mind. I got tired of seeing how he hurts people so often when he is sparring, especially when he has a fight coming up. We used to argue every time it happened, so we argued a lot.

"That was a reason - together with his nonsense excuses every time he lost a fight - that our relationship started to get bitter. I actually hired a psychologist to help me with him but, as we have seen, it didn't work."

lol at anyone putting any stalk into what Abedlaziz says.

This lunatic needs to get gone. He's like the raffi torres of MMA.

I'm curious if shields gets any punishment for the late punch after the end of the fight

Maz looked like a little kid trying to get a bear off their dad. Frantically hitting the thing with pillowfists. Dude should have started choking Palhares, Mirg vs. Daley style.

[YT]ajZe1aUuKlg[/YT]

Not Palhares's worst offense, but given his history, needs to be punished.

When Bas Rutten starts joking that the ref should be wearing gloves so he can punch guys who are holding too long....... The guys doing commentary shouldn't be talking about refs punching fighters in the face to release subs. And your video is way more clear then the .gifs floating around. Those are missing frames or sped up. So thanks for the video.

Lol anyone with a brain knew they were going to have problems with this guy. Shocking.

Well they signed him because he was an available fighter with name power and good ranking.

They will probably keep him after punishing for that reason. If no sanction than 1C, good test for Askren.

Back