Abdelaziz: Commission held Palhares' win bonus; champ could be stripped of WSOF belt

Pseudo Sane

Black Belt
Reaction score
Haven't seen any mention of this yet; Paul Harris win bonus has been withheld.

Abdelaziz: Commission held Palhares' win bonus; champ could be stripped of WSOF belt

Abdelaziz said one consequence – the Nevada State Athletic Commission withheld Palhares’ win bonus – has already happened. But could there be others, such as stripping him of the belt or even releasing the fighter, who already has a checkered past with holding submissions too long?

“I don’t know,” said Abdelaziz, who signed Palhares after the UFC cut ties with him in 2013. “We have a lot of options (such as) suspensions, (stripping him) of his belt. I can’t judge right now. I can’t judge right now because I’ve been one of his biggest supporters. Everybody told me not to support him, but I supported him. But I guarantee you we’ll look at this video.

“The submission was legit. He swept him from the bottom. I don’t know if he held it (too long). Maybe he did. Maybe he didn’t.”

I didn't know the athletic commission decided if you got the win bonus or not. Seems kinda strange the decision wouldn't be in the hands of the promoter. Is it the same for the UFC?

Anyway, definitely not a good start to the process for Paul Harris.

Last edited:
He needs a reality check. He's been getting away with this shit for so long, about time someone did something

It's time to lawyer up.

Good. Time for that psycho to face some real consequences.

The Mazz fckd up.

Supporting Palhares 100%

I don't think he held onto the sub too long, the eye gouging was blatant though

I don't think he held onto the sub too long, the eye gouging was blatant though

Did you see the fight or see a gif? All the gifs I have seen have been sped up. It looked bad in real time. Mazzagatti must have tapped him seven or eight times before Palhares released the hold.

Lol anyone with a brain knew they were going to have problems with this guy. Shocking.

Did you see the fight or see a gif? All the gifs I have seen have been sped up. It looked bad in real time. Mazzagatti must have tapped him seven or eight times before Palhares released the hold.

Maz looked like a little kid trying to get a bear off their dad. Frantically hitting the thing with pillowfists. Dude should have started choking Palhares, Mirg vs. Daley style.

[YT]ajZe1aUuKlg[/YT]

Not Palhares's worst offense, but given his history, needs to be punished.

Maz looked like a little kid trying to get a bear off their dad. Frantically hitting the thing with pillowfists. Dude should have started choking Palhares, Mirg vs. Daley style.

[YT]ajZe1aUuKlg[/YT]

Not Palhares's worst offense, but given his history, needs to be punished.

Shit, that's far worse than the gif.

Good send him back to Brazil. His dumb ass excuse is he had everything taken from him in his childhood so he has a mental problem letting go. Gtfoh.

Real time gif:

ezgif-480959154.gif

I really don't see the controversy. I clocked it with a stop watch and he let go less then 3 seconds after the tap. Jake got owned, get over it.

I really don't see the controversy. I clocked it with a stop watch and he let go less then 3 seconds after the tap. Jake got owned, get over it.

Wow! I completely disagree. No need for a ref to tap hard 5-7 times before you quit cranking a sub. No excuse for that especially since he has done that multiple times before.

He is the only fighter I have ever seen that consistently cranks subs waaaay tooo long over and over again.

Wow! I completely disagree. No need for a ref to tap hard 5-7 times before you quit cranking a sub. No excuse for that especially since he has done that multiple times before.

He is the only fighter I have ever seen that consistently cranks subs waaaay tooo long over and over again.

it HAS to be a mental thing, I mean he got cut from the UFC because of this, his trainers and everyone else warned him about this multiple times, multiple instances. I mean what is going on in his head after he got cut from the UFC, does he understand why he got cut? does he understand why all of his opponents react as do they do afterwards, what is going on in his mind is what I want to know

it HAS to be a mental thing, I mean he got cut from the UFC because of this, his trainers and everyone else warned him about this multiple times, multiple instances. I mean what is going on in his head after he got cut from the UFC, does he understand why he got cut? does he understand why all of his opponents react as do they do afterwards, what is going on in his mind is what I want to know

Bustamante has publicly stated that, while Palhares was training under him, he was completely unable to stop him from injury his training partners on the regular.

Bustamante has publicly stated that, while Palhares was training under him, he was completely unable to stop him from injury his training partners on the regular.

if thats the case then he has no self control or can't comprehend what other people are telling him and shouldn't be allowed to fight again in a sanctioned fight because the ref would not be able to control him

Back