AAPL - Apple stock price drops again - now at 485

I bought 100 shares at $93. I sold at $600. Not a bad little profit.

If it drops down below 400 or so, I might buy some more, but I doubt it will. It is going to go back up.

Nice return.

BUY BUY BUY, I made money 3 times when it was around 500 and moved up again.

I never really understood the need of financial advisors. Just pick up a wall street journal and invest yourself.

A good advisor is well worth it. I've seen my fair share of do-it-yourselfers/Wall St. Journal/CNBC die hards. Very rarely do they make wise investments with consistency and for the long term.

BUY BUY BUY, I made money 3 times when it was around 500 and moved up again.

yoy must be related to the president of apple because there is no clear indication the company is going to increase its value, if anything I think they are going to lose a big fucking part of the market that is already realizing the iphone and ipad are not the "best" products and most "affordable" ones of their kind

Most people do not know the basics of investing. They just buy stocks that someone's friend recommended.

No overall asset allocation plan and they don't try to diversify. They look for high return without regard to risk. A good investor looks to maximize their return for a given level of risk.

I only buy individual stocks with money I don't care if I lose. I keep that brokerage account separate from my investments. Individual stock picks is my form of gambling. I don't even consider it investing. I consider it speculating.

Be honest -- do you actually have Windows 8 or are you just hating it because you saw the metro interface and a ton of bad reviews?

I have Windows 8 thanks to DreamSpark (i.e. gives free Microsoft everything to students majoring in Computer Science).

Windows 8 is unquestionably a superior OS to Windows 7.

• Boot Time -- The boot time is almost instantaneous, even without an SSD.

• Windows ToGo -- Probably my favorite feature of Windows 8. Copy your entire OS, with all your settings/files/etc on a Thumb drive. Stick that in any computer and it is basically your home computer running on different hardware.

• Charms -- Blows any start menu/search function in a OS out of the water.

• Snap -- My second favorite feature. Allows you to have multi-task like a motherfucker. Organizes your programs so it is extremely easy to navigate through them.

• Multiple Monitors -- The most robust handling of multiple monitors I have ever used.

• Performance -- Everything just runs a lot smoother and faster on Windows 8. A lot of that might have to with them getting rid of Aeroglass.

Not to mention, you can ignore the entire Metro interface at your choosing.

Met several Windows 8 haters that now love Windows 8 once they actually downloaded the OS. If you like Windows 7, there is absolutely no reason to not like Windows 8.

I have a windows 8. unfortunately my dell crashed (it had XP) in october so I bought my comp during day after thanksgiving sales.

I am sure it is a superior product, and I am sure I will get used to it, but I hate the metro interface, and its next to impossible for my mom to use (who was already computer illiterate as it was).

I noticed the boot time, but I figured that was because my comp was just brand new and didnt have much shit on it.

Didn't know about the togo thing, seems cool, just doubt i would use it much since i dont even carry a thumb drive with me unless i have my laptop with me...

i much preferred the start menu. personal choice i guess.

the other tech specs i dont use, and i would imagine the general populace doesn't as well. lets face, most people use their comp for browsing websites, facebooking, and buying shit. so performance, and multi monitors are kinda pointless.

Most people do not know the basics of investing. They just buy stocks that someone's friend recommended.

No overall asset allocation plan and they don't try to diversify. They look for high return without regard to risk. A good investor looks to maximize their return for a given level of risk.

I only buy individual stocks with money I don't care if I lose. I keep that brokerage account separate from my investments. Individual stock picks is my form of gambling. I don't even consider it investing. I consider it speculating.

$6.50/share? Highly unlikely.

Funny story. When they were at $7 in 1997 they bought NeXT (that's where OSX came from) and I asked my best man from my wedding what he thought (he is a financial advisor). He told me Apple was done as a company and they would probably be out of business in the near future.

I started buying at $44.

I started buying at $44.

Bam! The hell have you been?? Long time buddy. Hockey tournament or just enjoying the "island"?

RE: APPL

I didn't buy any -- even though I knew that NeXTSTEP was a game changer.

I'm kind of hoping they dip back into the $300s (pipe dream) so I can pick up some shares.

I remember when they were in the 80's after the 2008 housing crisis and thinking, man I wish I had some cash right now. Makes me think that bubbles are set up so the rich can get richer during recessions.

Be honest -- do you actually have Windows 8 or are you just hating it because you saw the metro interface and a ton of bad reviews?

I have Windows 8 thanks to DreamSpark (i.e. gives free Microsoft everything to students majoring in Computer Science).

Windows 8 is unquestionably a superior OS to Windows 7.

• Boot Time -- The boot time is almost instantaneous, even without an SSD.

• Windows ToGo -- Probably my favorite feature of Windows 8. Copy your entire OS, with all your settings/files/etc on a Thumb drive. Stick that in any computer and it is basically your home computer running on different hardware.

• Charms -- Blows any start menu/search function in a OS out of the water.

• Snap -- My second favorite feature. Allows you to have multi-task like a motherfucker. Organizes your programs so it is extremely easy to navigate through them.

• Multiple Monitors -- The most robust handling of multiple monitors I have ever used.

• Performance -- Everything just runs a lot smoother and faster on Windows 8. A lot of that might have to with them getting rid of Aeroglass.

Not to mention, you can ignore the entire Metro interface at your choosing.

Met several Windows 8 haters that now love Windows 8 once they actually downloaded the OS. If you like Windows 7, there is absolutely no reason to not like Windows 8.

I played with the operating system on a laptop at one of their new retail display shops and was not impressed. I miss the windows button.

Bam! The hell have you been?? Long time buddy. Hockey tournament or just enjoying the "island"?

RE: APPL

I didn't buy any -- even though I knew that NeXTSTEP was a game changer.

Traveling here and there. Highlight being 2.5 weeks of snowboarding, onsen life, and wonderful Japanese cusine - and hospitality.

Hockey starts up this weekend. Leaving Asia in 5 months. No idea where we'll go.

You never bought Apple? Tsk, tsk. :redface:

windows 8 is great. i just got a new laptop with it, and i also have a windows 8 phone. if you dont like the tiles, then just turn them off.

Traveling here and there. Highlight being 2.5 weeks of snowboarding, onsen life, and wonderful Japanese cusine - and hospitality.

Hockey starts up this weekend. Leaving Asia in 5 months. No idea where we'll go.

Sounds like fun. Let me know where you land. I'm finally going to make it back to China in late March (I think?)

You never bought Apple? Tsk, tsk. :redface:

Nope. Listened to the wrong guy and then didn't listen to the right guys (if you remember what I told you). A few years later I went and bought TMTA, they had the market cornered on low power CPUs ahead of the mobile boom, they had INTEL by the balls. Everything was set up for them and the company was stolen for cash on hand. What a joke. Someone should really write a book about Transmeta.

Sounds like fun. Let me know where you land. I'm finally going to make it back to China in late March (I think?)

Nope. Listened to the wrong guy and then didn't listen to the right guys (if you remember what I told you). A few years later I went and bought TMTA, they had the market cornered on low power CPUs ahead of the mobile boom, they had INTEL by the balls. Everything was set up for them and the company was stolen for cash on hand. What a joke. Someone should really write a book about Transmeta.

What for? What city? Think we have a tourney in Singapore in late Feb/early Mar.

I remember well. Just bustin'. Apple didn't need any cheerleaders once it got to about $55

The odds that it goes back up to 600-650 this year are very, very good.

I'm not buying though because I don't like techs. Banking is where it's at....there is going to be a huge return on big bank stocks in the next few years.

windows 8 is great. i just got a new laptop with it, and i also have a windows 8 phone. if you dont like the tiles, then just turn them off.

That's what I did and I must say, it's a solid OS. My only gripe with Apple is that their products cost far too much for what they do. I can get an Android tablet that'll do everything an Ipad can and more for a far cheaper price.

That's what I did and I must say, it's a solid OS. My only gripe with Apple is that their products cost far too much for what they do. I can get an Android tablet that'll do everything an Ipad can and more for a far cheaper price.

No you can't. You can get an Android table that does things also as good as an iPad but not better. Android isn't as good for tablets and it is for phones, but that's another story....

This happens every quarter with Apple. Weeks before they release their quarter numbers AAPL stock goes down then when Apple reports their numbers the stock goes back up. I been watching AAPL stock since 2007 bought 125 shares @ 81 a share in 2008. I expect AAPL to be back 560 in two or three weeks

No you can't. You can get an Android table that does things also as good as an iPad but not better. Android isn't as good for tablets and it is for phones, but that's another story....

This happens every quarter with Apple. Weeks before they release their quarter numbers AAPL stock goes down then when Apple reports their numbers the stock goes back up. I been watching AAPL stock since 2007 bought 125 shares @ 81 a share in 2008. I expect AAPL to be back 560 in two or three weeks

sounds like guarantee money why don't you get a margin loan for 15% gain in two or three weeks.

The odds that it goes back up to 600-650 this year are very, very good.

I'm not buying though because I don't like techs. Banking is where it's at....there is going to be a huge return on big bank stocks in the next few years.

I should have held my Bofa shares from 2011. Would've netted me a nice return by now.

Back