AAPL - Apple stock price drops again - now at 485

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Damn! What is up with AAPL?

The stock price has dropped from 705 to 485 over the past few months. That is a load of money lost. That market cap loss is a lot bigger than a lot of companies.

I am in it so I hope things turn around soon.

It's the inherent risk you take when investing in the tech industry - your only as good as your last product cycle.

In Apple's case, increasing competition from Samsung and smaller than expected ipad mini sales have been a blow to investor confidence.

I think what separates Apple from their peers is their vast war chest of cash on hand. They can afford to miss a couple of quarters and still be in amazing financial shape.

Do I like Apple or their products? No. Do I believe in them as a company? Definitely.

I'm kind of hoping they dip back into the $300s (pipe dream) so I can pick up some shares.

I picked up some shares yesterday at 502 and today at 487.

I own two ipods (one old one and one newer one). I use itunes but have only purchased 2 songs. I am cheap like that. I download free podcasts. Itunes and their computers are like a second thought these days. I should look into how much itunes makes because it has to make a good amount of revenue. Everyone seems to use it.

Personally, I really hope they hit an all time low. Not because I dislike them or anything. But because that might mean, cheaper prices :). If iPad's when down 50%, I'd buy 4.

Why would you buy 4 ipads?

umm..errr...now that I am a shareholder...please buy 16 ipads.

Personally, I really hope they hit an all time low. Not because I dislike them or anything. But because that might mean, cheaper prices :). If iPad's when down 50%, I'd buy 4.

$6.50/share? Highly unlikely.

Funny story. When they were at $7 in 1997 they bought NeXT (that's where OSX came from) and I asked my best man from my wedding what he thought (he is a financial advisor). He told me Apple was done as a company and they would probably be out of business in the near future.

they are a company that puts out a more expensive and equally good product (some will say better, some will say inferior, so lets just go with equal) as their competitors. People are finally catching on to their shit tactics.

I for one, couldn't be happier, they needed to be taken down a peg or two (just like when they tried apple maps... LULZ)

For those who say they will have to watch what Apple does after Steve Jobs...Apple Maps is not a good indicator. He would have not let that go through or heads would have rolled if they put out a product not ready for release like that.

Funny story. When they were at $7 in 1997 they bought NeXT (that's where OSX came from) and I asked my best man from my wedding what he thought (he is a financial advisor). He told me Apple was done as a company and they would probably be out of business in the near future.

LOL, damn if only...

I never really understood the need of financial advisors. Just pick up a wall street journal and invest yourself.

Android and Microsoft have been consistently making better products than Apple since 2011.

It is about time the fiscal year reflects this.

I don't like windows 8

I am pro microsoft/anti apple and I will admit I fucking hate windows 8. If I wanted a fucking tablet I would have bought one you stupid fucks.

I am pro microsoft/anti apple and I will admit I fucking hate windows 8. If I wanted a fucking tablet I would have bought one you stupid fucks.

Not that long ago Apple was the little guy and Microsoft was the big guy that people hated because they were so big. People liked that Apple stuck around so Microsoft didn't control the entire computer industry.

I bought 100 shares at $93. I sold at $600. Not a bad little profit.

If it drops down below 400 or so, I might buy some more, but I doubt it will. It is going to go back up.

I don't like windows 8

Be honest -- do you actually have Windows 8 or are you just hating it because you saw the metro interface and a ton of bad reviews?

I have Windows 8 thanks to DreamSpark (i.e. gives free Microsoft everything to students majoring in Computer Science).

Windows 8 is unquestionably a superior OS to Windows 7.

• Boot Time -- The boot time is almost instantaneous, even without an SSD.

• Windows ToGo -- Probably my favorite feature of Windows 8. Copy your entire OS, with all your settings/files/etc on a Thumb drive. Stick that in any computer and it is basically your home computer running on different hardware.

• Charms -- Blows any start menu/search function in a OS out of the water.

• Snap -- My second favorite feature. Allows you to have multi-task like a motherfucker. Organizes your programs so it is extremely easy to navigate through them.

• Multiple Monitors -- The most robust handling of multiple monitors I have ever used.

• Performance -- Everything just runs a lot smoother and faster on Windows 8. A lot of that might have to with them getting rid of Aeroglass.

Not to mention, you can ignore the entire Metro interface at your choosing.

Met several Windows 8 haters that now love Windows 8 once they actually downloaded the OS. If you like Windows 7, there is absolutely no reason to not like Windows 8.

maybe they should sue everyone for making a better product. That shit is stupid, i really dont care if they fall

When were they 93?
2007. I also bought a shitload of ExxonMobil around 79. Unfortunately, I haven't had the same success as I did w/ Apple.

The ipad mini isn't cheap enough to distinguish it from the bigger one.

Back