Social A woman becomes commander of the Canadian Armed Forces for the first time

classic sherdog post in which the self secured posters of sherdog will clap their hands in full support of her

I don't have the time at the moment to get into this, but I've got a lot to say on this one, not all bad.

Yes, I'm a currently serving member of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) and yes, I've had dealings with our new Chief of Defense Staff (CDS).

I don't have the time at the moment to get into this, but I've got a lot to say on this one, not all bad.

Yes, I'm a currently serving member of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) and yes, I've had dealings with our new Chief of Defense Staff (CDS).
But the Syrup Reserves are safe and untapped, yes?

You guys know that Canada is not really a country, right?

Canada has a military?
main-qimg-bfd7a6bd76ba4f23d229deea72efa18f-lq

Nonsense. Another virtue signal hiring by the king of black face. This woman was in charge of culture and conduct prior. Misogyny and racism. Sexism. Her focus is, and will be, on things that have absolutely nothing to do with why Canada fosters a C-tier military.

Can't wait to see Trudope out of office, it's been a pathetic ride to watch.
Did you read the OP? Did you happen to see what she did before that (the bold text)?

"Carignan is no stranger to firsts. She was also the first woman to command a combat unit in the Canadian military, and her career has included deployments to Iraq, Afghanistan, Bosnia and Syria."

Her qualifications seem just fine to me.

Canada also changed their flag at the same time….
360_F_494197354_CQFnlsSfUO69otPXiNebOM7Fi3VFosqq.jpg

Tell us about the rugs.

This was the original.

I actually know this guy who got charged by the goose lol. Everyone was passing this video around after it happened. It was gold

I have seen this video before and I bet he was clowned on for a bit 😂

Right, I have time to address this further. Before I continue, I want my Gravy SEAL Sherbros to know that their opinions on all things military hold a great deal of weight with me. Love hearing civvies' opinions on that stuff, especially Americans. Never change.

So, as for Jennie Carignan, my new boss...

- She's French. Like, GSP-level French. Born in Abestos, Quebec. Can't make that up.
- She has 4 kids. Her husband, who she met in the Forces, retired early to take care of them while she went to work. Very forward thinking of him.
- She is a combat engineer (Chimo, as they're colloquially known) and served in a number of combat zones. Bosnia a couple times and Afghanistan, at the same time I was there. The news is making it out as if she herself was tasked with clearing landmines and IED's from these places. This is technically true, but I assure you she's never disarmed anything in the field even once. She is an officer and was in charge of getting it done, broad strokes and she did a good job in every single one of the situations she was placed in charge. Even the most sexist Chimos I've known grudgingly admit she wasn't bad, which means she was a star. In that role.
- She has been earmarked for the CDS role for a long while now. Her getting the nod is the natural culmination of Trudeau and co.'s "People Power" movement. And she's proven to be more than good enough to lead the Forces, exceeeeeept...

There was a very controversial issue involving her command in Iraq in 2020. Long story short, her HQ got shelled, she fled via helicopter and brought about 3 really nice rugs with her! She returned a short time later, after completely overreacting to the threat, (with said rugs) and the forces she was commanding at this HQ were less than impressed. That's the unofficial grapevine story you'll only really find amongst the rank and file of today who are in the know, and on certain Reddit forums. The reality is in all likelihood more prosaic (word of the day); she could have been ordered to evacuate by her command, there may not have been 3 rugs, it's hard to say what else is wrong with that story cuz there is still an element of sexism in the Forces that magnifies a woman's fuck up as being much graver than a corresponding dickup from a man. Regardless, this has never been properly addressed by the CAF nad there are people, ex-members primarily, working on requests for information wrt this incident and throwing a fair amount of toxic crap her way. The other problem many have with her...

She was given the freshly-created position of Chief for Professional Conduct and Culture. This was a direct response to the sexual assault scandals the CAF has been going through for more or less the last decade, but in reality since armed combat was first conceived. This is how I met her, as she was giving a bunch of town halls across the nation at all of our bases informing all the males in the room that the days of consequence-free rape was over and all victims that they will be heard, whether they actually were victimized or not. You make the claim, we believe you and begin the corresponding punishment against the accused, long before any type of proceeding has been concluded (what constitutes sexual assault really does vary). I voiced my concerns that due process has disappeared from the CAF at said town hall and if looks could kill I wouldn't be posting this now. For the record, all of the power lies in the accuser's hands these days and there are some massive overreaches that have been performed by individual CO's to bend over backward to crucify those accused members as soon as possible in order to appease the beast.

There are so many other issues with the CAF right now, the main one being recruitment and retention IMO, and Jennie's got her work cut out for her here. She's proven competent, if questionable under fire, and will be under the microscope from here on out.

Bonne chance!

Last edited:

Curious to get your insights. I'm not about to jump to any conclusions.

Edit: after reading your post she seems totally adequate. I also love the amount of scrutiny she's getting when it's just a whatever when a white dude gets that position.

Back