A Thread About Bellator Salaries, Link Included

It's funny seeing people cry for Bellator to pay more when 90% of you guys literally don't even watch it and some percentage of that 90% shit on it every chance they get. That shit perpetuates to new fans. Hard to gain market share when so much of the fan base is preconditioned to hate on and nit pick every alternative to the UFC that comes along. The same thing was true with Strikeforce, only when it was bought by Zuffa and the fighters got absorbed into the UFC did people start to romanticize it and realize how legit it was. Bellator is the same god damn thing. It's literally run by the same guy and on the same platform.

I'd like to see them get paid more across the board too, don't get me wrong but at the end of the day Bellator pays roughly 40-45% of their revenue to fighters compared to 15-20% that UFC does. With that being fact maybe if more of you guys actually watched it they could start out-paying the UFC, forcing UFC to up their game. Their business model already has a more then double size slice of the pie for the fighters. Not to mention the ability to wear their own sponsorships.

As has already been explained in this thread guys getting that little are on one off contracts and are essentially trying out for a better paying exclusive contract. They mix these fights into their cards unlike UFC who seperate them and call the tryouts the Contender Series. Would I like to see those guys get bumped up in pay? Sure, but the fact of the matter is they're tryouts. TBH if it was between paying these types of fighters 10/10 and using that extra money to make the payouts of the actual rostered fighters a little better I'd choose the latter.

This is embarrassingly skin deep analysis by TS, and he knows it. He went for the quick, cheap quip instead of introducing an interesting discussion.

Everyone knows UFC pay generally is higher. Everyone know UFC minimum pay is highest. Everyone knows most fighters make more in their first UFC fight than their last lower tier org fight....

...and many still think UFC pay is low and should be increased.

Not mutually exclusive.

I didn't even get into fight pay % of revenue. I didn't even have to, to make my point.

I expected more from you, TS.

Last edited:
so what. why cant belaltor pay the min the ufc does
Again I’ve told you this same thing, just because the parent company has deep pockets, it doesn’t mean they will pour money into Bellator. Bellator is left to either generate profits or sink. This isn’t rocket science. They have a different business than the UFC. They don’t have PPVs and they don’t have a lucrative TV deal. They are growing their brand steadily and these tryout contracts are a way to scout talent.

You’re like a dog with a bone with this and you just refuse to listen. Keep up with your Bellator/Coker hate campaign if you want, but at least be honest. Dana white Tuesday Night Contender series fighters started off making 5 grand, and that’s televised. They were being taken advantage of moreso than Bellator with the 4K contracts but I didn’t hear you complaining.

Guys like Cisneros are just local guys fighting on the card because the show is in their area and they're somewhat known there. They're not Bellator fighters as such, they get paid slightly more than they would on the local circuit because they put a few more bums on seats.

B-League Bellator Shills will act like the undercard guys don’t have to sell tickets to their own fight to receive full pay.

This is a big card for Bellator. I’ve seen some guys get payouts under $1k..

Again I’ve told you this same thing, just because the parent company has deep pockets, it doesn’t mean they will pour money into Bellator. Bellator is left to either generate profits or sink. This isn’t rocket science. They have a different business than the UFC. They don’t have PPVs and they don’t have a lucrative TV deal. They are growing their brand steadily and these tryout contracts are a way to scout talent.

You’re like a dog with a bone with this and you just refuse to listen. Keep up with your Bellator/Coker hate campaign if you want, but at least be honest. Dana white Tuesday Night Contender series fighters started off making 5 grand, and that’s televised. They were being taken advantage of moreso than Bellator with the 4K contracts but I didn’t hear you complaining.

i see 4k as not a fair living wage jsut cause the ufc put on more events an makes more money doesnt mean there owner is bigger than viacom which makes billions a year off cable people.

why doesnt pfl pay better the people who dont win the 1 million make nothing when they lose early in there season.

so showtime and dazn showed the bellator fighters for free they enver made any money of there media rights?

Funny how all the Union n Association people never come at Bellator n PFL for there payouts. Just last year Bellator was paying 1500/1500 to win n show. And when it was still WSOF some of the prelim guys were getting $750 win/show.

It’s like I get it they have beef with Dana/Zuffa but u can’t turn a blind eye to the other promotions handing these kind of payouts to fighters.

Corey Anderson is getting hundreds of thousands of dollars per fight good for him saying he made more in 2 fights then 10 in the UFC so clearly Bellator can pay there prelim fighters more also just like the UFC can.

i see 4k as not a fair living wage jsut cause the ufc put on more events an makes more money doesnt mean there owner is bigger than viacom which makes billions a year off cable people.

why doesnt pfl pay better the people who dont win the 1 million make nothing when they lose early in there season.

so showtime and dazn showed the bellator fighters for free they enver made any money of there media rights?
I just told you it’s not meant to be a living wage. It’s a tryout. It’s not televised. Those fighters are not bringing much revenue to the event. Those fighters are usually already signed to other orgs where they make their “living wage.” Let it go dude. You’re wrong. And the sad thing is I’ve told you ALL OF THIS several times in your hit piece threads.

You’re just rehashing the same tired points over and over again like you work for the UFC. Where’s your outrage for such a big company like the UFC paying Contender series fighters 5k. I couldn’t nelp but notice you glossed over that.

Funny how all the Union n Association people never come at Bellator n PFL for there payouts. Just last year Bellator was paying 1500/1500 to win n show. And when it was still WSOF some of the prelim guys were getting $750 win/show.

It’s like I get it they have beef with Dana/Zuffa but u can’t turn a blind eye to the other promotions handing these kind of payouts to fighters.

Corey Anderson is getting hundreds of thousands of dollars per fight good for him saying he made more in 2 fights then 10 in the UFC so clearly Bellator can pay there prelim fighters more also just like the UFC can.
The revenue split for Bellator is close to 50%. I’m not sure about the PFL, but that’s why nobody is complaining. They are sharing the wealth.

They're regional fighters, they don't expect to be earning enough to do MMA full time.

Funny how the "UFC should pay fighters more" gets real quiet when people talk about Bellator.
Funny how Bellator splits around 50% of its revenue with its fighters and the UFC hovers around 18%.

That’s not actually real is it ? Most people make more than that in a month and their job is mostly sitting on their ass doing nothing. Bellator is still a pretty big promotion, the worst guys should still get atleast 10-15k.
I don't know many people who make about $25/hr. If where you live most people make that easily then you probably live in a place that costs way more to live in general.

Sponsorships. You can wear your sponsors in the cage on the way out. If that was allowed in the ufc. Fighters would make more money in just sponsors. Than their purse.

LOL at thinking these early prelim guys in Bellator are making any decent sponsorship money. L.O.L. Get your head out of your ass.

That's because those are the local guys that are not signed with Bellator. Take a look at the rest, the payment looks good to me

PRELIMS (7 p.m. E.T., MMA Junkie)

Back