• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A theory: McGregor/Chandler got nixed due to unexpected low interest ($$$)

A theory: people invent conspiratorial 'theories' because they like to imagine that they are somehow in proximity to some hidden truth that the common man cannot see, and so that they can see past the veil of illusions cast by the powers that be. Such purported contact with the truth behind appearance provides thus a false, pathetic sense of empowerment and enlightenment.

ur mom

I'm just curious what you think the answer that requires the fewest assumptions is here. I think there are too many unreliable parties involved in this matter to use Occam's Razor.

He got injured and can’t fight. It is what it is.

A theory: people invent conspiratorial 'theories' because they like to imagine that they are somehow in proximity to some hidden truth that the common man cannot see, and so that they can see past the veil of illusions cast by the powers that be. Such purported contact with the truth behind appearance provides thus a false, pathetic sense of empowerment and enlightenment.
Or there is a conspiracy.

Nah, the gate did 20 million in advanced sales. It would've done 1mil + in PPV as well..

Nope.

He’d sell more than any other fighter on the roster. His fans are rabid and a three year hiatus wouldn’t affect sales much, imo.

1M minimum, and as crazy as 2M would have been possible. But there’s no way it would have flopped. This postponement or whatever we’re calling this could affect sales if it is rescheduled for late summer, though.

I can't see how this helps anything sales wise to have people distrust that the fights will actually happen.

Especially when it comes to travel plans.

UFC has basically said:

Attention to our wealthy and otherwise big spenders who travel to see our events:

You can not trust us to deliver the event we initially promise and any big exciting event could go to shit and we will be extremely dishonest about it and attempt to fuck you over by waiting to reveal the truth until it is too late for you to cancel your travel plans and be reimbursed.

If anything the UFC conned everyone who bought an overpriced ticket, UFC 303 wasnt getting a 20 million gate...ever, yet the UFC will make another record gate using Mcgregor...UFC conned their ticket paying fans.

The gate was closing in on $20 million. What the fuck is this OP? Lol

Well, I just saw a youtube video where some asshole informed me they didn't sell more than a dozen tickets and I've been assured by multiple anti-science dipshits that youtube videos are the most reliable source of information there is.

Checkmate.

I doubt it, Conor always sells at least a mil. Same way Tyson did even with him losing. Everyone wants to see Conor fight

I'd be genuinely surprised if Mcgregor didn't have carte blanche to use whatever PEDs he wanted tbh

Back