A the truth more important than respecting people’s feelings?

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Like when people talk about a family member who is a drug addict or criminal,
Is it best to say something positive and false, or do you tell them to their face that their son or daughter Is a degenerate lowlife and a thief?

When someone largely overweight says they’re healthy and skinny?

Yes, truth is much more important. However, you don't always need to speak it out.

I'll speak the harsh truth if someone asks me directly for my opinion but I don't go around offering it up to people who didn't ask to hear it.

It's not anyone's responsibility if someone's feelings are easily hurt. If someone can't control their emotions when it comes to words, that's on them and their shitty upbringing.

Obviously I'm not talking about talking shit about someone's recently deceased family member or something like that.

Is it best to say something positive and false, or do you tell them to their face that their son or daughter Is a degenerate lowlife and a thief?

If you really care about them, you tell them the truth, always. If you could give two fucks about them, encourage them to keep doing what they are doing.

I will never sugar coat anything, it doesn’t matter who you are. I will ever give the cold hard truth, no matter how badly they don’t want to hear it.

Funny you mention a drug addict thieft degernate. I think that’s been the main theme here on Mayberry for a little while.

В чём сила брат?

Sorry could not resist(russians will get the reference)

Why should anybody listen to your petty judgments? What makes you so good and perfect?

Meh it's a case by case basis dependent on whether I have more to personally gain by the truth or a lie

You're making a false dichotomy that doesn't need to exist.

You can speak the truth without making it harsh, and that's usually the way to get the outcome you want.

There is a very simple truth I was once told. “ If you don’t have something good to say, don’t say anything”

If you desire a smooth life with little drama, this is the move.

Ha. You don’t know me.

I’m the worst of you.

I'm not saying you personally, just in general. Judging other people all the time is silly and pointless, and it is much better to mind your own business and life. Near as I can tell, people only run around judging others so they can feel better about themselves by comparison. Not because they're actually trying to 'do a good deed'.

If you have a genuine positive compliment or a problem with someone you want to resolve, that makes sense to me. But I think people just get too wrapped up in thinking about other people.

It's better to not say anything at all and never touch the subject, unless the person is a close friend and brings it up by themselves.

It depends but I do think it is a good thing to contemplate regarding your interactions with people.

I think it is important to read the subtext. For example when it is 'harsh' it should generally be when that person is bringing up an issue they want to avoid looking at from another angle so it is only really harsh because you are not giving them what they want.

If you push it should generally be based on the amount of harm avoiding the message you are delivering will cause them or others.

If they are only brining it up to be self assured to be able to deal with something they are afraid of then generally you should lie unless you are building them up for a tremendous fall or embarrassment.

Last edited:
How many people can be honest with themselves when it might hurt their own feelings?

i always talk aboput myself, so its nota concern of mine since im neither overweight, addicted to drugs, or studpid.

Feelings are something only women should concern themselves with

eacd0d042dcdf2ff65e15a7035d2f132.jpg

Back