A Statistical Analysis of Khabib's Past 5 opponents and their TDD

I see your point as well though, you can for sure use those stats to quickly show "no your recollection of this fight is wrong"
Which is super common on these forums man.

Everything is largely subjective, so a lot of times I am prone to bring out stats to make points.

There are also like 15% of the forum who are just hell bent on being contrarian and they make it difficult lol.

Most don't rewatch fights.

Yes, I definitely agree with the need to add context. But at least the stats get the conversation started.

So from that perspective, you could argue that part of the reason he attempted less on Conor was due to Conor's inability to get up / lack of effective TDD. He got taken down by the very first attempt of the fight and never got back up. On the flip side, I would add that him standing with Conor for an entire round also shows more willingness to strike with Conor tired than other guys.

I've rewatched his fights with Edson and MJ multiple times and those guys presented a lot of danger. Even though they may not have landed anything significant as the fight went on, both remained explosive and Khabib seemed to have urgency in taking them down as much and as often as possible. The last 2 minutes of the Edson fight are actually a testament to this. Edson is going for headkicks and flying knees, and Khabib is forcing the takedown even with less than 20 seconds left in the fight because he perceives that.

Definitely agree and I think this is a good conversation to be had - certainly a fresh breath of air considering some of the other threads we have here.

While he clearly was willing to strike with Conor, he stood even more with Al and still the stats differ a bit in that. The MJ fight, I'd chalk it up to Khabib coming back from injuries and simply not being as good as he is now - to me it seems like he's still getting better with every fight, as scary as this sounds and the activity he had recently certainly helps in that regard. Who knows where Khabib would be if he stayed active without back and knee surgeries.

I do think Edson needs to be praised for this - especially since he took a beating on the ground as was tired as all hell yet still posed a threat. He has weaknesses and holes but he truly is one guy that can spark you out at any point of the fight - which he has proven impressively at various points. Another thing was Khabib never letting up in pressure vs Barboza so that he never truly was in the ideal range to throw kicks but instead had to box or clinch instead. It's not that Khabib doesnt respect Conor's power but a head kick will always be more threatening than a punch.

Definitely agree and I think this is a good conversation to be had - certainly a fresh breath of air considering some of the other threads we have here.

While he clearly was willing to strike with Conor, he stood even more with Al and still the stats differ a bit in that. The MJ fight, I'd chalk it up to Khabib coming back from injuries and simply not being as good as he is now - to me it seems like he's still getting better with every fight, as scary as this sounds and the activity he had recently certainly helps in that regard. Who knows where Khabib would be if he stayed active without back and knee surgeries.

I do think Edson needs to be praised for this - especially since he took a beating on the ground as was tired as all hell yet still posed a threat. He has weaknesses and holes but he truly is one guy that can spark you out at any point of the fight - which he has proven impressively at various points. Another thing was Khabib never letting up in pressure vs Barboza so that he never truly was in the ideal range to throw kicks but instead had to box or clinch instead. It's not that Khabib doesnt respect Conor's power but a head kick will always be more threatening than a punch.
Yeah, great analysis brother!

We will see what the future has in store.

Is Khabib your favorite fighter?

Yeah, great analysis brother!

We will see what the future has in store.

Is Khabib your favorite fighter?

Thanks, yeah he's my favorite. Plenty of fighters I like, but when he fights I almost feel like I have to step in the ring myself because I get nervous <45>

Thanks, yeah he's my favorite. Plenty of fighters I like, but when he fights I almost feel like I have to step in the ring myself because I get nervous <45>
I feel you brother.

I am a big fan of Khabib as well.

In general, I think casuals don't understand how nervous people can get to watch other fight. If you know the person, multiply it X 10.

I don't know how their families do it!

Add Gaethje as stuffing 1/3 meaning his TDD was 33%

Back