Social A sherbro writes comic book stories

koquerelle

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I've posted some of the things I work on like my Conan spoof. I decided to make a thread for the 2-3 sherbros who care about what I do.

Karl Richardson (Warhammer 40k, Judge Dredd, 2000 AD) concept art for my Conan parody.
Chonan-full.jpg

John Himmelstein designs for Lonsala the witch, one of the baddies for our graphic novel Bereft.
Lonsala.jpg

John Himmelstein art for our Kickstarter campaign.
Art-Kickstarter.jpg

Bereft (@bereftcomix) • Instagram photos and videos
Bereft Comic Book (@BereftComix) / X (twitter.com)

Last edited:
I've posted some of things I work on like my Conan spoof. I decided to make a thread for the 2-3 sherbros who care about what I do.

Karl Richardson (Warhammer 40k, Judge Dredd, 2000 AD) concept art for my Conan parody.
Chonan-full.jpg

John Himmelstein designs for Lonsala the witch, one of the baddies for our graphic novel Bereft.
Lonsala.jpg

John Himmelstein art for our Kickstarter campaign.
Art-Kickstarter.jpg

Bereft (@bereftcomix) • Instagram photos and videos
Bereft Comic Book (@BereftComix) / X (twitter.com)
Can you give more context? Do you write or draw? How did you find the artist? Did you simply have an idea and contact them?

That is awesome man. I will definitely give this a read. Let me know when you make more Sir

thats dope, but my first thought was "oh its danzig as connan" haha

Can you give more context? Do you write or draw? How did you find the artist? Did you simply have an idea and contact them?
I'm the writer and I pay for everything. I found the first artist (John Himmelstein) on ArtStation. He's a Daytona tattoo artist.

I found the other 2 artists I work with on Instagram.

I had a 24-page script and wanted to keep it simple. John and I both have a dream of having our own graphic novel so we decided to go for it.

Concept art - John Himmelstein
sk_1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm the writer and I pay for everything. I found the first artist (John Himmelstein) on ArtStation. He's a Daytona tattoo artist.

I found the other 2 artists I work with on Instagram.

I had a 24-page script and wanted to keep it simple. John and I both have a dream of having our own graphic novel so we decided to go for it.

Concept art - John Himmelstein
sk-1.jpg
Was the script like a play or movie script format? Or more novella style?

Was the script like a play or movie script format? Or more novella style?
Bereft-1-p5.jpg

John sends me rough drafts of the pages. My wife and I are co-editors, so we look at the art and make sure everything makes sense.
Texas5-W.jpg

The letterer usually does the SFX, but John and I wanted them to be an integral part of the art. John took up the challenge and did quite well.
Texas-Project-005.jpg

Bereft-007.jpg

The letterer works with Illustrator. He sends the AI files and I use InDesign to place them on the top of the art which is in TIFF format.
Bereft-Color-English7.jpg

Bereft-1-p5.jpg

John sends me rough drafts of the pages. My wife and I are co-editors, so we look at the art and make sure everything makes sense.
Texas5-W.jpg

The letterer usually does the SFX, but John and I wanted them to be an integral part of the art. John took up the challenge and did quite well.
Texas-Project-005.jpg

Bereft-007.jpg

The letterer works with Illustrator. He sends the AI files and I use InDesign to place them on the top of the art which is in TIFF format.
How long does a page like this take to create?

we may have to talk one day. How deep in the hole financially are you on this so far or is your artist working free?

Bereft-1-p5.jpg

Texas5-W.jpg

Texas-Project-005.jpg

Bereft-007.jpg

That is effing dope dude. Nothing better than having a creative outlet and it looks great.

we may have to talk one day. How deep in the hole financially are you on this so far or is your artist working free?
I'd be happy to.

A bit more than 20K. The weak Canadian dollar is killing me.
-Illustrator: 175US per page for Bereft #1 (28 pages)
-Letterer: 10£ per page
-Limited printing of #1 (in English and in French): 1500CAN
-Illustrator for Chonan: 225£ per page (11 pages)
plus hiring voice actors for promos, the softwares and so much more

John H doesn't work for free, but I've stopped paying him full price after issue 1. I give him what I can and he really wants a graphic novel.

Back