A Potential hurdle... Russian-Dagestani / Eastern European takeover

Oleg Taktarov will be back to lay waste to HW after Jones retires. You heard here first.

I think in 10 years the UFC will be dominated by Americans, Brazilians and Western Europeans. They have 7 belts right now (Aspinall, Jones, Pereira, Belal, Ilia, Pantoja, Pennington), that's crazy.

they're not interesting to americans because they're not loud and obnoxious like conor.
it's a different culture, more quiet. as someone from eastern euro myself, i didn't find them different from what i'm used to, it's just the norm around here to mostly not make a fool of yourself in public. remember when khabib jumped from the cage to start a fight. yeah, nobody liked that around here, and he probably got a solid yelling session from his dad for it.

Would be glad if this was true but unfortunately in the 21st century you got these guys like Conor everywhere among Chechens and other caucasians... Every community got it's dumbasses

Its called Soviet union takeover. Merab, Val, Shavkat etc are all from former soviet republics, they all speak russian as a heritage and all come from sport fighting culture laid as foundation during soviet times.

Soviet Union if it was still around, would dominate the mma world. Instead you see ex republics doing it

I didn't conflate those places, I said Russia, Dagestan and Eastern Europe. I mistook Shavkat for Russian, and mentioned Belal, who is not from E Europe. That's it.

I mentioned Evloev, Valentina, Ankalaev, Umar, Islam, Khamzat, Merab (Georgian), who are all from the region I am discussing.

Movasar Evloev is from Ingustetia while Khamzat is from Chechenia they are different ethnicities. Besides you said eastern taking over MMA is boring? I would say it is the opposite cause if someone can´t compete with them he shouldn´t be there based on meritocracy the best should fight best otherwise there wouldn´t be a reason example like NBA, NFL eventually the Afro-Americans took over because they were better at it then anyone else. But do I think the Eastern europeans and Asians will take over for good? The Answer is no because it is just a good spell

there's several things going on here. first, MMA like any sport, goes through "metas". right now it's Dagestani grapplers, but before that it was Brazlian berserkers, before that it was American wrestlers, before that it was BJJ.

the 2nd thing is Islam doesn't "seem" like he has any challenges because he literally gets to CHOOSE who he fights. his 1st 2 title defenses were against a FW, his 3rd is vs a guy who was on a 1 fight win streak and had just been ktfo before that. i still have yet to see him fight another LW who is young and in their prime since he got the belt.

C. UFC is going to start holding these guys back if it looks like they're going to dominate and have boring styles/no personality. it's already happening. Evloev got leapfrogged by Lopes, who Evloev already beat. look at the rankings, Evloev isn't even top 5 even though he's undefeated, the guy he beat, Lopes is now ranked #3. how does that work? because UFC gave him the #2 guy in Ortega and what did Evloev get for all his winning ways? Aljo who is brand new to the division and only has a single win. Evloev even beat Ige, another guy Lopes beat before he got the Ortega fight and Evloev beat him easier than Lopes did.
And finally....Z
Im not sure that's how the alphabet works sir lol.
C does sound like 3 though so I'll give you a pass cause you're awesome sauce ;)

Well, maybe that is why matchmaking sometimes seems a bit unfair. These dudes are protecting the fighters that have attractive styles until they can't anymore.

Are you people stupid or just don't have reading comprehension?

I didn't say Merab was Russian. My first sentence was:

"I think there is a very strong chance as we move forward that the majority of divisions have Russian-Dagestani or Eastern European champions."

Merab is Georgian, which is Eastern Europe. I mentioned a couple people who were not Eastern European (Belal, Shavkat). But the rest were.

Just ignore them. Anyone with half a brain cell understands your thread and where you are getting at.

And finally....Z
Im not sure that's how the alphabet works sir lol.
C does sound like 3 though so I'll give you a pass cause you're awesome sauce ;)

i purposely did that to see if anyone noticed and you're the only one lol. gotta add some funny to the serious. i was waiting for somebody to discount my reasons for being an idiot who can't count lmao

Back