A possible move to use against Jones' outstretched hand

FightsFTW

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So I've been thinking about the outstretched hand that Jones likes to do and a thing that I've never seen mentioned is slapping/pushing the hand away. Now hear me out, couldn't DC or any opponent of Jones just simply slap the hand out of the way? Like a sideways swipe motion that would send Jones' hand sideways therefore leaving that side of his face exposed.

Could doing this and trying to punch Jones with a hook or straight immediately after pushing his hand away and out of position, leaving one side exposed work? Or could it serve as a distraction to potentially even shoot in get a takedown while his hand is out of position?

Not saying it'll work, but its just something I've wondered and honestly that's my first instinct when someone puts their hand near my face, I would slap/push it away. All of people Jones has fought just stand there and let him do it, they move their head a bit, but for the most part do nothing. Now working it into a strategy to land something is something I'm curious to know if it would work.

I don't know if it can be defended. It was made for the streets.

I'm trying to figure out if this is serious....oh well, mmmmm I'm gonna go eat some fruity pebbles, be back later to read the flames!

So I've been thinking about the outstretched hand that Jones likes to do and a thing that I've never seen mentioned is slapping/pushing the hand away. Now hear me out, couldn't DC or any opponent of Jones just simply slap the hand out of the way? Like a sideways swipe motion that would send Jones' hand sideways therefore leaving that side of his face exposed.

Could doing this and trying to punch Jones with a hook or straight immediately after pushing his hand away and out of position, leaving one side exposed work? Or could it serve as a distraction to potentially even shoot in get a takedown while his hand is out of position?

Not saying it'll work, but its just something I've wondered and honestly that's my first instinct when someone puts their hand near my face, I would slap/push it away. All of people Jones has fought just stand there and let him do it, they move their head a bit, but for the most part do nothing. Now working it into a strategy to land something is something I'm curious to know if it would work.

It's called hand fighting and every fighter with an elementary knowledge of boxing does it. How the fuck do you have so many posts and not know what hand fighting is? Jesus Christ sherdog.

. You lost me at "now here me out" if you have a big brother or older cousins than you would know that the hand to the forehead move is indefensible. The only thing that has ever worked is too yell "mom" as loud as you can.

I don't know if it would be considered small joint manipulation, but I really want to see someone punch his fingers. Glover, Rashad and Rampage played patty cake every time Jones stuck his hand out.

I want to see someone throw a powerful punch at his hand and see how he reacts.

If he paws your eyes knee or kick him the balls.

Punch his outstretched hand and break his fucking fingers.

Done.

Can we get over this crap already?

It's called hand fighting and every fighter with an elementary knowledge of boxing does it. How the fuck do you have so many posts and not know what hand fighting is? Jesus Christ sherdog.

I know what hand fighting is and that's isn't exactly what I'm referring to at least not in the sense that you mean. What I'm talking about is just a quick counter to the outstretched hand, creating a brief, but maybe significant opening to land a good strike or possibly shoot in for a TD.

Snatch the fingers and break. Claim it was an accident and you were just trying to move the hand.

He has to release his inner Sarafian.

I know what hand fighting is and that's isn't exactly what I'm referring to at least not in the sense that you mean. What I'm talking about is just a quick counter to the outstretched hand, creating a brief, but maybe significant opening to land a good strike or possibly shoot in for a TD.

Yes and that quick counter is still handfighting tons of MMA fighters and boxers do it it is handfighting

I think this is why DC brought in Seagal. Snatch the arm and break the wrist, etc etc.

I think DC should do to Jones' fingers what Diaz did to BJ Penn's punches, and headbutt them. Can't poke a dude in the eyes if he is smashing the top of his head into your fingers, amirite?

How about you don't go what Glover/Shogun did and stick your chin up and plod forward right at finger range?

Yes and that quick counter is still handfighting tons of MMA fighters and boxers do it it is handfighting

Wasn't saying it wasn't hand fighting, but ok, lol. My main point is its something that I'm curious as to why someone hasn't at least tried it against Jones, the refs dont warn Jones enough if at all about the out stretched fingers, so the fighters should come up with a way to counter it. This is just a suggestion, a topic for discussion, whether people think its stupid or not, this is a discussion board after all.

Back