A Plausible Theory about what actually happened - Chael and Wandy

Man, some serious jimmies rustled on either side here. Do we have a running number of posters who have gotten banned discussing this topic?

Pretty much agree with OP on this. This is the most plausible explanation for what happened.

It's simple.

The lawyer came to the gym and handed him the bout agreement contract. He saw the name Chael Sonnen on it, and began having flashbacks to the Leben fight. With droplets of sweat running down his face, he came up with a lame excuse to try and get out of a fight with the American Gangster himself. As he rested his head on his pillow that night, he could only hope that the repeated nightmares of Chael Sonnen would end.

Pretty brazen accusations without a lot of specific proof, not saying it's not possible but I'd say this is tantamount to fighter bashing under the steroid accusation criteria.

I am saying what I think has happened, I made that clear. I'm not bashing, I am proposing a theory, which I think makes good sense given what we know. At least from all the possible alternatives.

Here's my plausible theory:

The guy who went to Wanderlei's gym provided no identification and presented documents only in English. As Wanderlei doesn't read in English that well, he informed the gentleman that he would need to have his lawyer review any documentation.

Wanderlei had to go to Brazil for the finale but has offered to take any tests when he gets back to the states.

Let's see if the NSAC decides to do the right thing and test him when he comes back.

Here's my plausible theory:

The guy who went to Wanderlei's gym provided no identification and presented documents only in English. As Wanderlei doesn't read in English that well, he informed the gentleman that he would need to have his lawyer review any documentation.

Wanderlei had to go to Brazil for the finale but has offered to take any tests when he gets back to the states.

Let's see if the NSAC decides to do the right thing and test him when he comes back.

You are blinded by fanaticism.

Wanderlei did not apply for a license before, and has not until now. It's roughly ONE month before the fight. He has waited until the very, very end of camp. Until he signs the application and is under the jurisdiction of the committee, the athletic commission CAN'T randomly test him THROUGHOUT camp, and until they have tested him and he has passed, they won't sanction the fight. Of course, anyone can get sanctioned if they knew all random tests were occuring within a 3-4 week span. That way you can juice to the gills and then at the end cycle off and sign the application.

The question is:

Why did he not apply for a license before, like everyone else, if he's not trying to hide something? Why avoid the testing until the very end? Too busy?

Chael kept asking him this. The commission has said Wanderlei had "ample time to apply for a license." Dana called the fight off upon hearing that Wanderlei refused to sign the licensing papers, one month before the fight.

Oh, let me guess a timely response:

"We don't know! He might have had his reasons! And of course he wasn't going to sign without a lawyer present"

Sure, so he won't sign when they come to him, because there are no lawyers present, but he won't go to them willingly until it is impossible for them to monitor him and test him throughout camp. Great.

Please.

Face it: Wanderlei was trying to play the system, and it bit him in the ass.

Last edited:
I thought to test for roids..it has to be a blood test not pee in a cup?

Edit: Never mind...have not read anything about a urine or blood test...just the officials were there to have him tested.

So...

now that Ubereem got outed shortly after his ridiculous "emergency European trip" that some people actually defended as reasonable,

I guess angrily defending Wand is the new job of the unimaginably gullible?

With the release of Wand's video and the news by Dana that Wanderlei has been cut from 175 (from the UFC?). I think we have good grounds to say what happened. Here is my take on it:

Wanderlei was trying to delay his application for a license in Vegas as much as possible, so he wouldn't be subjected to the random commission testing routines until the very end where he knew he could be cycled out of whatever it was he was doing, having already spent months training. So he tried to just stay out of the jurisdiction of the commission by signing as close to the fight as possible, when he was already clean, after the culmination of his camp for the most part.

If not, then WHY the Hell did Wanderlei not apply for a license before? Why did he wait? He was clearly avoiding this. And the commission has said Wanderlei had ample time to do this too.

Why wait? Because he is 'too busy'? Please.

With one month to go, the commission sends their officials to have him sign the papers for the licensing.

Not sure that he can cycle off in time or get his shit straight in the dates set up there, he refuses to sign, hoping he can do it 'later' after consulting with his lawyers and team when he returns to Vegas. The commission takes this is a blatant refusal to submit to testing procedures and proceeds to notify Dana White who, with such short notice before the fight already, decides to simply cancel the fight and put something else instead.

So, Wanderlei was deliberately deferring the signing so he would avoid the commissions testing, until 'the last minute' where he would be clean and at the end of camp. Well, it turns out he tried to be too clever for his own good, and both the commission and Dana decided to change the fight.

He is not ducking Chael, he was trying to cheat the system to get himself juiced up and not have to be tested until the last instance.

totally reasonable take on things. overeem was also playing with the period before the license--nice little window in which a fighter can't be suspended.

Why is the commission even trying to test a guy that don't have a license to fight?

Why is the commission even trying to test a guy that don't have a license to fight?

because he was scheduled to fight and was trying to avoid testing by not applying for a license until the last minute.

Why is Wand running from a piss test?

Back