A Plausible Theory about what actually happened - Chael and Wandy

krelianx

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
With the release of Wand's video and the news by Dana that Wanderlei has been cut from 175 (from the UFC?). I think we have good grounds to say what happened. Here is my take on it:

Wanderlei was trying to delay his application for a license in Vegas as much as possible, so he wouldn't be subjected to the random commission testing routines until the very end where he knew he could be cycled out of whatever it was he was doing, having already spent months training. So he tried to just stay out of the jurisdiction of the commission by signing as close to the fight as possible, when he was already clean, after the culmination of his camp for the most part.

If not, then WHY the Hell did Wanderlei not apply for a license before? Why did he wait? He was clearly avoiding this. And the commission has said Wanderlei had ample time to do this too.

Why wait? Because he is 'too busy'? Please.

With one month to go, the commission sends their officials to have him sign the papers for the licensing.

Not sure that he can cycle off in time or get his shit straight in the dates set up there, he refuses to sign, hoping he can do it 'later' after consulting with his lawyers and team when he returns to Vegas. The commission takes this is a blatant refusal to submit to testing procedures and proceeds to notify Dana White who, with such short notice before the fight already, decides to simply cancel the fight and put something else instead.

So, Wanderlei was deliberately deferring the signing so he would avoid the commissions testing, until 'the last minute' where he would be clean and at the end of camp. Well, it turns out he tried to be too clever for his own good, and both the commission and Dana decided to change the fight.

He is not ducking Chael, he was trying to cheat the system to get himself juiced up and not have to be tested until the last instance.

Last edited:
The Test Dodgerer cheated, almost ruined an event through his cowardice, and got cut.

Justice was served.

pretty good theory... whatever it is I am just glad I get to see vitor fight

I thought Dana backtracked on the cut thing. Didn't he say just done with 175?

Regardless, I think wand was scared of losing. Not scared of chael, but he wouldn't live it down if he lost after all the back n forth between them

I thought Dana backtracked on the cut thing. Didn't he say just done with 175?

Regardless, I think wand was scared of losing. Not scared of chael, but he wouldn't live it down if he lost after all the back n forth between them

Yea he did. People need to get up to date before posting.

Not even a theory. That is EXACTLY what happened / is happening.

The Test Dodgerer cheated, almost ruined an event through his cowardice, and got cut.

Justice was served.

he didn't get cut, only known cheater out of the 2 is chael, never ruined an event and wanted a lawyer present before he signed documents he couldn't read
did you get ur parents permission to go on the internet or just sneaking on kid?

Wand only wants to do hype videos, he never had any intention of actually fighting Chael.

He knew he would likely be on the receiving end of a strangulation like his partner Shogun.

Pretty brazen accusations without a lot of specific proof, not saying it's not possible but I'd say this is tantamount to fighter bashing under the steroid accusation criteria.

Good analysis. I haven't been paying too much attention to this whole thing, but it sounded kind of unclear from many sources.

Exactly how I took it, he could even been taking something to just heal an injury because he wanted to fight so bad but new he would test positive.

This is probably what happened but I'm still going to ask the "insider" from his gym just to be certain

Prob what happened, might happen alot in MMA. Alot of guys are on something, you're a fool if you believe if as much as 50% of the people are clean.

Last edited:
he didn't get cut, only known cheater out of the 2 is chael, never ruined an event and wanted a lawyer present before he signed documents he couldn't read
did you get ur parents permission to go on the internet or just sneaking on kid?

LOL if you are that gullible to buy that shit. What a simpleton you are. Wand fans, can't see the forest through the trees.

But it must be true right buddy, cause Wandy said so

Chael spent a lot of time around Wanderlei and has consistently suggested Wandy wouldn't fight.
Wandy is definitely not scared of Chael. He is scared of losing to Chael though, especially after all the trash talk that went on.

His reputation took a battering, while Chaels popularity soared in Brazil. To lose to Chael after all this would be too much.

Who cares, I'm happy that he's not gonna be able to make any money even if he loses to Chael. He doesn't deserve the money and the UFC certainly overpaid him over the years.

Back