• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media A new mythical fighter is born? (Jacked Beast)

Not unless he's had a heart transplant. It was fun while it lasted but this guy looks to quit the minute he gets clipped.

He does look in great shape. Still think it's a wrap for his UFC career tho

he does look in best shape I've seen him in a long time.

I think this is the lightest he has weighed in. Usually at 265 or 266 from what I remember.

Wonder if he did this for Rhonda ?

Doubt it’s fixed his ability to persevere through getting rocked. He kind of folds up when he does so he better hope to land first

Doubt. His entire skillset is built around his massive power. And his power comes from the fact that he's surprisingly fast for his size. Force = mass x acceleration after all. He has both in large quantities.

If he lost weight he'd have less mass behind his strikes. He'd probably be slightly faster sure, but he'd be giving up 30lbs of mass behind his strikes which would probably have a bigger impact on his power. He'd hit less hard which would mean he'd have to change up his entire game to rely on that less.

Plus again, he's surprisingly fast. If he was 235lbs people wouldn't underestimate his speed so much. You wouldn't get the Blaydes type KOs where he shocks everybody by being fast enough to make that kinda strike in that little time. They'd be far more wary of him. Right now people still look at a massive guy and think he can't possibly move as fast as he ends up doing.

Ok ok ok but at what point does the theoretical increase in acceleration offset the decrease in mass? At what point do we diminishing returns?

Sir we now have more questions than answers, someone call myth busters.

<EdgyBrah>

Last edited:

Derrick Lewis showcases toned physique ahead of De Lima fight.
Black Beast 2.0?

Impressive. I thought he'd be much lighter with abs, but no, he got jacked indeed.
Derrick is a fan favorite, let us see how he performs.

Awesome for Derrick and his health in the long run....Hope he goes out with a win.

Ba1mFDeCYAAa1Rs.jpg

this line is made the thread:

Coming into a fight IN shape is a bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays off for him

giphy.gif

I've always thought it funny that nobody seems to realize that Pepper Brooks spends the whole movie making on the surface wild and idiotic stoned analysis, only to actually be right nearly all the time.

Having to forfeit the championship match because they didn't have enough players, AKA the bold strategy as a forfeit is obviously a loss, gave just enough time for Peter La Fleur to have his change of heart and actually show up so the game instead continued. Peter La Fleur then scores the game winning point. The bold strategy of forfeiting actually did pay off.

Rewatch Dodgeball with the idea in mind that Pepper Brooks is actually correctly analyzing everything instead of just a stoned idiot and it's mindblowing how often he is. Cotton's the idiot in the booth, not Pepper.

You call that having abs? My aunt has abs then

Oh I know those tricks, if we see pictures like this at the weigh-in, then on fight day there's a big flap of belly fat touching his knees

Back