A lunchtime talk with a "casual" fan....well not even "casual" IMO

Its like being in the heavies when a great fight or fighter outside of The Ufc happens.

it's like talking to MMA fans about GGG, the most dangerous striker on the planet currently

"who?" derp ronda rousey so gud

Lets establish the average casual fan, and the Sherdog "casual" are not the same thing.

Most of what you see here does not reflect the real life viewpoints of non-internet-centric fans.

if you are on a forum and have taken the time to register and post you are not a casual, period.

Kind of crazy seeing Facebook filled with nothing but Ronda. All these people on my Facebook know nothing about MMA but are fascinated by Rousey.

if you are on a forum and have taken the time to register and post you are not a casual, period.

That sounds like something you tell yourself because you are afraid you might get labeled one.

Talking about it on the internet gives you no such status by default.

Casuals like Ronda the same way they liked the us women's soccer team. They won so they were popular for a week and now nobody cares. Once tate gets out of the first round nobody will care again

Just a warning.

I posted a conversation with some casual fan friends here awhile ago, it didn't go well.
Sherdoggers were all sorts of pissed at me and accused me of making the story up.

There are angry weird people on this site.

The people I see at work and who know I'm into MMA ask me about Ronda far more than any other fighter.

Kimbo slice is actually more popular than Ronda, everybody in my school and job know him

That sounds like something you tell yourself because you are afraid you might get labeled one.

Talking about it on the internet gives you no such status by default.

Huh? No casuals are posting on sherdog casuals only n ow who 3 fighters are

Actually Scalabrine might be the Travis Lutter of basketball

I had a Commuity College health class with Scalabrine 15 years ago. I never figured he would be referenced in a MMA discussion in 2015.

Actually Scalabrine might be the Travis Lutter of basketball

LOL

Kind of crazy seeing Facebook filled with nothing but Ronda. All these people on my Facebook know nothing about MMA but are fascinated by Rousey.

Yup. This.

The people I see at work and who know I'm into MMA ask me about Ronda far more than any other fighter.

Yup. This too. Everyone wants to know more and talk about her. It's Ronda-mania right now!

Some of the dude gotta be kind of pissed.

Those are the kind of people who don't appreciate Fedor, Nog, Crocop, Shogun or Wand

Pretty much everyone I know, knows at least the names you mentioned. But I actually recently caught up with an old friend(ex lol :redface: ) on Saturday & we watched the prelims together & she was 100% clueless so it was kind of funny explaining to her how things are scored & that there aren't pins involved in MMA, haha. Just funny when everyone else I know already has the concept down to an extent :)

Back