A-list actors who have never played as a villian in a movie

giphy.gif

gone-baby-gone-casey-affleck-morgan-freeman.jpg

tenor.gif

Gonna be hard pressed to find one that isn't mainly a comedian
Will Smith? You laugh at him but he's not necessarily a comedian.

Chances are if you're a Black leading actor who has crossed over into mainstream you probably shied away from villain roles, and yeah a lot of them would be comedians. I can't recall Eddie Murphy, Chris Tucker, Chris Rock, or Martin Lawrence playing bonafide villains. We were even rooting for Denzel Washington in TRAINING DAY after the movie was finished. Not so much the stalwarts of the supporting roles, though. Someone mentioned Kevin Hart (does 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN count?)

Wasnt Damon evil in Mr Ripley?
That might be considered more of an anti-hero, but he's definitely villainous. THE DEPARTED would be the better nominee.

Even Robin Williams and Alan Alda have played evil characters. Gonna be a short list.

Edit: Morgan Freeman?

Edit: Depp?
Depp in Sweeny Todd

Morgan Freeman Wanted

Maybe Jim Carrey however hes more of a comedian but did do a few serious roles

giphy.gif

gone-baby-gone-casey-affleck-morgan-freeman.jpg

tenor.gif

Will Smith? You laugh at him but he's not necessarily a comedian.

Chances are if you're a Black leading actor who has crossed over into mainstream you probably shied away from villain roles, and yeah a lot of them would be comedians. I can't recall Eddie Murphy, Chris Tucker, Chris Rock, or Martin Lawrence playing bonafide villains. We were even rooting for Denzel Washington in TRAINING DAY after the movie was finished. Not so much the stalwarts of the supporting roles, though. Someone mentioned Kevin Hart (does 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN count?)

That might be considered more of an anti-hero, but he's definitely villainous. THE DEPARTED would be the better nominee.
I can't remember the name of the movie, but Eddie Murphy was a villain where he played as a vampire. Although not a movie, Chris Rock was a cannabilstic drug lord in Empire.

I never saw VAMPIRE IN BROOKLYN, so I assumed it was more of another anti-hero lead. If he's killed by the end, that's a pretty good criterion to add in.

1517514912364-thecableguy.jpg

I never saw VAMPIRE IN BROOKLYN, so I assumed it was more of another anti-hero lead. If he's killed by the end, that's a pretty good criterion to add in.

1517514912364-thecableguy.jpg
I always consider that character in the Cable Guy to be the annoying guy that you dont want as a friend but he keeps bugging you because you dont want to hang around with him

Depp in Sweeny Todd

Morgan Freeman Wanted

Jim Carrey will be the villain in the upcoming Sonic The Hedgehog movie.

ahh shiet mang, you allways critisizing my shit i cant do nothing right !:eek:

Bruce in The Siege, Damon in The Departed.
Uhh. Bruce Willis was NOT the bad guy in The Seige. He warned them multiple times not to declare martial law and have the Military enforce it. Terrorists, and then the "system". We're the bad guys in that.

"
Chief of Staff : General?

General William Devereaux : The Army is a broadsword, not a scalpel. Trust me, senator, you do not want the Army in an American city.

Chief of Staff : But hypothetically... how long would it take you to deploy?

General William Devereaux : You know we can't go in until the President invokes the War Powers Act.

Chief of Staff : I understand that, General. Let's assume, for a moment, that the order has been given.

General William Devereaux : Twelve hours after the President gives the order we can be on the ground. One light infantry division of 10,700 men, elements of the Rapid Deployment Force, Special Forces, Delta, APCs, helicopters, tanks, and of course the ubiquitous M16A1 assault rifle. A humble enough weapon until you see it in the hands of a man outside your local bowling alley or 7-11. It will be noisy. It will be scary, and it will not be mistaken for a VFW parade.

Army General : I wanna remind you, General Devereaux does not speak for official Army policy. A police function has become accepted as our role in Haiti and Somalia.

General William Devereaux : Make no mistake. We will hunt down the enemy. We will find the enemy. And we will kill the enemy. No card-carrying member of the ACLU is more deadset against it than I am. Which is why I urge you - I *implore* you - do not consider this as an option.

I always consider that character in the Cable Guy to be the annoying guy that you dont want as a friend but he keeps bugging you because you dont want to hang around with him
image.png

lolidkthen

It's been awhile since I've seen that movie, so my memory of it is a bit iffy. And then you also have Buddy Love in The Nutty Professor.

It's been awhile since I've seen that movie, so my memory of it is a bit iffy. And then you also have Buddy Love in The Nutty Professor.
Tough call. Buddy Love WAS Sherman Klump tho. Same actor same physical body, unlike Brad Pitt as Tyler Durdan (whom is also considered iffy). Having read BROOKLYN'S wikipage, Murphy's definitely a villain there.

TBH I havn't seen even half of his films, but was Paul Newman ever a villain?

We were even rooting for Denzel Washington in TRAINING DAY after the movie was finished..
I was on board with his crooked cop tactics and “you gotta be a wolf to catch a wolf” schtick but once he left Jake at the gang house and gave the order for him to be killed in the bathtub, he went from an anti-hero to a villain and I was like fuck this guy

I was on board with his crooked cop tactics and “you gotta be a wolf to catch a wolf” schtick but once he left Jake at the gang house and gave the order for him to be killed in the bathtub, he went from an anti-hero to a villain and I was like fuck this guy

He was a villain much earlier than that IMO.

Back