A Level Athlete vs Bones

@Clementine
cef8b565fe4463fc04d769b1f95cd7d3.gif
spacejam-slam.gif

Being an A level athelete doesn't mean they would be a successful mma fighter.
Or a fighter in general, what happened with Nate Robinson? The guy was in the NBA and got put to sleep by what would be considered an amateur doing pro fights in Jake Paul, now imagine going against the elite of the elite, ball game "A-level" athletes are buying into their own hype too much.

Or a fighter in general, what happened with Nate Robinson? The guy was in the NBA and got put to sleep by what would be considered an amateur doing pro fights in Jake Paul, now imagine going against the elite of the elite, ball game "A-level" athletes are buying into their own hype too much.

jake-paul-nate-diaz.gif

jake-paul-anderson-silva.gif

jake-paul-ben-askren.gif

jake-paul-knock-out.gif

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

“I would need a year,” he said on the NBA Rookie Life podcast. “My standup game is great but what we all know with Jones is he’s a collegiate wrestler, really good on the ground and that’s not my forte. I can get on the ground. To his level? I’m not there yet I’d definitely need a year to work on counters and defenses against it so that we can stay on our feet.”

“He started learning how to use your hands and your feet, what, after college?” Johnson asked. “Like, I’ve been punching and kicking since I was five, six years-old. The opposite for him because he’s been wrestling for that long. Learning all his wrestling moves. As long as I can keep him from going on the floor, I win.”

Anyone think a Pro BBall player, with a lifetime of Karate experience, could beat Bones with a year of learning his “wrestling moves?”

https://www.mmamania.com/2023/9/18/...-could-beat-jon-jones-with-a-year-of-training
Nope

Greg Hardy was an NFL player and made it nowhere near Jones' level

the context is MMA athleticism you goof

NBA's athleticism is not parallel to fighting. this is why this thread exists.

Swimming requires skills and athelticism, but the swimmers aren't saying they can beat MMA fighters BECAUSE they are athletic. it's so stupid.
How is the context MMA athleticism, ignoramus? I commented on a reply that stated basketball players aren't even athletes and your statement was that height trumps skills and athleticism in basketball. MMA has nothing to do with any of that. Stop trying to backtrack and change the argument just because you sound like a complete moron who has clearly never done anything athletic in their fatfuck life so they have to come online and make dumbass troll comments to feel relevant. Keep bitching about people with superior genetics and people that use PEDs because you're clearly insecure about your pathetic physical state.

It’s funny watching Americans talk about athleticism since it doesn’t seem to go beyond jumping high

It’s weird that you can dedicate your life to a sport and still underestimate every other sport lol

it’s even funnier when it’s an nfl/nba player since they have the least amount of skills to transition to other sports

Maybe if there wasn't a 265 limit, some monster, probably NFL, maybe could do some damage with a year training.

Lol please most of them would be out of breath within a few minutes and can barely touch their toes

How is the context MMA athleticism, ignoramus? I commented on a reply that stated basketball players aren't even athletes and your statement was that height trumps skills and athleticism in basketball. MMA has nothing to do with any of that. Stop trying to backtrack and change the argument just because you sound like a complete moron who has clearly never done anything athletic in their fatfuck life so they have to come online and make dumbass troll comments to feel relevant. Keep bitching about people with superior genetics and people that use PEDs because you're clearly insecure about your pathetic physical state.

This is an MMA forum. A level athlete at basketball does not transfer to A level athlete in MMA. that is my point you moron.

basketball playing is the same as swimming. both types are athletes but not for MMA.

Basketball even less so because height is the most important attribute in basketball. Once again 17% of 7fters in America are in the NBA. that is absolutely insane. that's almost 2 out of 10. the other 8 have health conditions.

I’m a football fan and watched browns vs Steelers today, those aren’t a level athletes. Bunch fat mofos and a few semi fit mothereffers running 3 seconds at a time and then resting for 30 seconds or more before the next play. Sometimes the rest between plays is a few minutes. Fighting is a whole nother l thing.

He may be right. I mean Manute Bol was the greatest combat athlete of all time - he just didn't know it. He would've turned people into dust in the octogon. That really tall chinese guy too, can"t remember his name, but he's the best.

Back