A level athlete Greg Hardy gassed in 57 seconds

And yet we have so many wrestlers in the UFC who aren't known for their cardio. Romero, Woodley, Weidman, Stipe, Gaethje...
Those guys put on a serious amount of muscle mass outside of Stipe and Romero. and Stipe has good cardio for a HW. and Romero is a freestyle wrestler which is less cardio intensive than folkstyle.

He's been through kind of a lot and now he's got a chance at a second career on a big stage.
He's been through a lot? Who's fucking fault is that? And he's LUCKY he's getting a second chance. I don't give 2 shits how good he gets and I know it doesn't really matter what I think but I'll never watch him fight.

Those guys put on a serious amount of muscle mass outside of Stipe and Romero. and Stipe has good cardio for a HW. and Romero is a freestyle wrestler which is less cardio intensive than folkstyle.

so much muscle...

20130615050826_justin_gaethje.JPG

People keep going on about him being an 'A level athlete' but American Football plays for like 30 seconds a time at best, wouldn't be surprised if his gas tank is shit.
It's actually closer to 7 seconds and then 25 second play clock in between plays.

And yet we have so many wrestlers in the UFC who aren't known for their cardio. Romero, Woodley, Weidman, Stipe, Gaethje...
Stipe has some of the best cardio in HW. Dude beat down Ngannou for 5 rounds. Weidman's cardio is fine. Gaethje doesn't even wrestle, and despite that his cardio is fine considering his output. Woodley and Romero aren't bad in that department either.

Who would've thought that endurance was sport specific? Oh wait, everyone knew that, except for you apparently.

not surprising. he's a fucking NFL guy, these guys sprint for like 5s just to have to rest 20s right afterwards. their sport doesn't require great cardio

All that sport requires is size, no wonder only americans like it LOL.

Hardy couldn't catch his breath after the fight that lasted 57 seconds and consisted of a few exchanges on the feet.
What would've happened had he been in a wrestling-heavy three round bout. It woulda been Dada 5000 level of gassing.
Some sherdoggers don't understand that athleticism is sport specific. Put an Olympic wrestler in a swimming pool and see how long he can keep up with an Olympic swimmer. Put the swimmer on a wrestling mat and he's gonna gas in a few minutes.
How fast you can run a 40-yard dash is irrelevant for fighting.
Roy nelson would gas Hardy out in an mma fight, and Big Country probably needs about 2 minutes to complete a 40-yard dash.

Greg hardy himself said that he's never met guys that have gas like MMA guys have while working like they do.

I don't think people realize how athletic alot of the athletes we have are in mma in the way they can move their body naturally and push a high pace with alot of explosive stuff mixed in. Alot of athletes would lopk pretty terrible in yhe cage, it takes alot of unique attributes.

Hoping he does well in MMA

If wrestling is so demanding physically and mentally they should be doing circles around guys who aren't wrestlers.

Perhaps Cain is the only wrestler known for having great cardio.

He's been through kind of a lot and now he's got a chance at a second career on a big stage.

It's like some people here are actually machines and emotions don't exist for them
i take it you beat your girlfriends too then? yeah let's feel sorry for the poor guy, I mean he was making millions and abused his girlfriend multiple times and then got in trouble for it and then after he got in trouble for cocaine but you are right, we should feel so bad for him.... and while we are at it lets feel bad for ted bundy too

If wrestling is so demanding physically and mentally they should be doing circles around guys who aren't wrestlers.

Perhaps Cain is the only wrestler known for having great cardio.

you can have great cardio but not pace yourself properly as a result of not following your game plan, adrenaline, whatever. It's as much mental as it is physical

An NFL guy is basically a 10 sec sprinter throwing a ball around,, he can't do anything woodley can do and would get wrecked.

If you want to make a fair comparison , now show me a clip of woodley wrestling with that guy or exchanging overhand rights together, otherwise you are showing a foot ball athlete that sprints for a living with huge breaks that can't hang with real sprinters/runners.

I also did the same, and weighed over 300 easy in high school (215 now, thank god).

Football doesn't require shit for cardio. Not even fucking close. 10 seconds of action (at most), 35-40 seconds of rest depending on when your part of the play is over.

I did wrestling after football and it was worlds apart. Football is easy. It requires physical attributes and practice at certain skills, but it's easy as fuck. Wrestling is perhaps the most physically/mentally demanding activity we've created as a species. Every practice was torture.

300 pounds in high school. Football better have been easy for you or you have zero ability.

Hardy hasn't played an NFL down since 2015. He looked pretty soft compared to his football days tbh

MMA isn't like the NFL where you have strict guidelines set by your teams strength and conditioning coaches what your minimum workout regiment needs to entail to stay employed. You can do as much, or as little, as you feel like as an MMA fighter. You're an independent contractor. If you want to skip leg day you can do it.

For all the "OMG NFL superman" hyperbole, hes basically a big, slightly chubby dude who moves fairly well for his size and has heavy hands. Impressive for a beginner? yes, levels above other guys athletically (at least in an MMA environment)? no, even by the relatively low athletic standards of the HW scene.

All that sport requires is size, no wonder only americans like it LOL.
I tried but I couldn't like it. its just not fluid enough. they play for 5 seconds and stop for 20s, it's really annoying. I will keep watching MMA and casually watching eu football. americans are lucky that today is starting the premier sports event in the world. they can actually see A level athletes playing

It's a different type of cardio. To say it doesnt require great cardio is foolish. You act like soccer players sprint for 90 minutes straight.
they require to sprint for 5~10s. these short bursts. that's the whole sport basically. while football players have to endure 90 min of play almost nonstop

https://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/a20805366/the-distance-run-per-game-in-various-sports/

european football players run many more miles compared to the NFL ones. also, as this article says, in the 3 hours (?) of a game, the ball only runs for 11 min

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back