A level athlete Greg Hardy gassed in 57 seconds

Titan sized fast twitch athlete with chainsaw gas tank, who would’ve though...?
<LikeReally5>

Hardy couldn't catch his breath after the fight that lasted 57 seconds and consisted of a few exchanges on the feet.
What would've happened had he been in a wrestling-heavy three round bout. It woulda been Dada 5000 level of gassing.
Some sherdoggers don't understand that athleticism is sport specific. Put an Olympic wrestler in a swimming pool and see how long he can keep up with an Olympic swimmer. Put the swimmer on a wrestling mat and he's gonna gas in a few minutes.
How fast you can run a 40-yard dash is irrelevant for fighting.
Roy nelson would gas Hardy out in an mma fight, and Big Country probably needs about 2 minutes to complete a 40-yard dash.
NFL athletes generally don't have good cardio, they're just explosive.

You can have insane cardio, insane explosiveness, or meet somewhere in the middle.

A lot of what you listed are not athletic attributes, they are skills, learned through repetition.

Forreal this dude is retarded, wtf is distance managment. They would shut up so quick if they see these football players in person.

Id say the rugby guys are a lot more balanced between the 2 extremes

But they aren’t inherently superior. Just different. AF is just explosive short plays. They are incredibly strong and explosive athletes.

Yeah, all of those position players who run low 4s in the 40 yard dash are just really strong and have no other athletic abilities.

There are few things more amusing to me on Sherdog than know-nothing foreigners trying to disparage the level of athleticism in America football.

There are few things more amusing to me on Sherdog than know-it-all americans trying to praise the level of athleticism in America football over all other sports.

the amount of likes your post got show how stupid a shitload of people on here are

endurance isn't sport specific

I'll only address that because the rest was so retarded ill just let it go

I played nose tackle and offensive tackle in high school...played both ways and special teams at 300 lbs.

Anyone whos played organized football knows how much running you do IN PRACTICE EVERYDAY, carrying 20 lbs of equiptment and a 5 pound helmet on your head...usually followed by sprints AFTER PRACTICE.

Id love to watch a UFC fighter work the heavybag in a football gear.
the reason why that doesnt happen is wearing all that dumb shit is retarded as fuck, which is why football is retarded as fuck. but we can keep comparing real athletes to these pussies that wear 800 tons of padding and chase a ball with a million rules governing every 5 seconds of play. it seems popular on sherdog lately.

But they aren’t inherently superior. Just different. AF is just explosive short plays. They are incredibly strong and explosive athletes.
Agreed they are different and train for different sports hence the have different attributes
I simply meant the rugby guys mix of explosive and endurance is a far better one for the term athlete than any extreme of the 2

Yeah the sport sucks ass but believe me the guys playing it at pro level are very good athletes.

Yeah my statement was maybe a little sweeping, no doubt there are some standout athletes but for me the vast majority are not. Danny Rose has gone to the world cup with the England squad, likely to be the starting left back, but nothing stood out about him athletic wise when he was scouted as a kid, he was just gifted when it came to technique. His strength and speed were / are average.
Forreal this dude is retarded, wtf is distance managment. They would shut up so quick if they see these football players in person.

Distance management is not an athletic trait. Golfers are supreme judges of distance, they sure as shit aren't great athletes.

Back