A legitimate argument for backing Perry.

9/9 for KOs in professional fights. That's the mantra of Platinum Nation. Are you implying, somehow, that's not legit on its own in and of itself? We may not be a bunch of mini Shakespeares but we been done sayin this shit already boy
You know you got a friend, BOOOIIIIII

#pMp
#platinumperry
#demhands

White privilege can't grasp the struggle
1093966.gif
Of what? Avoiding "the man?"

giphy.gif

Every day struggle of avoiding them hands!
notice how when he's working on his legs the gym is packed, but when it comes to testing his power, they cleared the place out and sent in a bomb disposal robot to film his session.

This is something I don't understand when people think he isn't legit, the man has knocked out everyone put in front of him and they aren't soft stoppages, if anything the one against Danny Roberts was late (even Marc Goddard apologised online afterwards.)

He's aggressive, tough and powerful but lacks technique and fight smarts. He kind of reminds me of 170 Rumble.

I reckon he'll do okay until he faces the experienced guys then he'll fade unfortunately.

Having said that, I'm a fan and hope that I'm wrong. Also, I actually find the Platinum trolls hilarious unlike other trolls.

#PLATINUMNATION

As a few have said PMP has some of the intangibles that usually make great fighters, but at this point he lacks the experience, especially as his fights move up in relevance. He's young enough that he can close the gaps in his game and likely hasn't hit his physical prime yet...

Only after I'd say another 2-3 fights will we really know what we've got, dude has a unique personality and physically brutalizes his opponents which is always a fan friendly style, if he beats Jouban his stock will rise astronomically and people will be talking contender fight. Personally I don't think he's close to being ready for the top 5, maybe the lower top 10 with a deceisive victory this weekend.

As a few have said PMP has some of the intangibles that usually make great fighters, but at this point he lacks the experience, especially as his fights move up in relevance. He's young enough that he can close the gaps in his game and likely hasn't hit his physical prime yet...

Only after I'd say another 2-3 fights will we really know what we've got, dude has a unique personality and physically brutalizes his opponents which is always a fan friendly style, if he beats Jouban his stock will rise astronomically and people will be talking contender fight. Personally I don't think he's close to being ready for the top 5, maybe the lower top 10 with a deceisive victory this weekend.
i'd be happy with a top 30 opponent upon victory honestly.

I can't find an easy version to copy and paste, but check those fighters out

http://rankingmma.com/ufc-rankings/welterweight/

oh and meant to add that I agree, the next 2-3 fights should see some marked improvement in his development hopefully, and he doesn't need to be rushed into a marquee matchup.

I think the winner of Barberena vs Covington would be a good shout for a realistic next fight.
mmhm I think Barberena will be pushing for a higher ranked opponent himself to be honest, and he looked good against Warlley Alves last time out which highlighted that his win over Sage wasn't some fluke.

that Emil Meek fight some called for .. could that be a possibility?

oh and meant to add that I agree, the next 2-3 fights should see some marked improvement in his development hopefully, and he doesn't need to be rushed into a marquee matchup.
Ditto, I didn't touch on that but IMO with the way the UFC does business they will likely push him faster than he can develop a top tier game. I'd really like to see him brought up slowly as you said so he can further develop for the shark tank that the top 5 at 170 has as of now.

Ditto, I didn't touch on that but IMO with the way the UFC does business they will likely push him faster than he can develop a top tier game. I'd really like to see him brought up slowly as you said so he can further develop for the shark tank that the top 5 at 170 has as of now.
I have nightmares about that top 20 :D top 5 lol how quickly do you think Woodley would knock Perry out currently? it might be faster than Mendes vs Mckenzie and that's even with Woodley adopting his cautious style haha

As a prospect, he has 9 wins, 9 ko's. He is sloppy, but not many, if any, have got off to this kind of start. At 23, you can learn boxing, you can learn Jitz, and you can learn wrestling, at least to a decent extent. The toughness and KO power are things you can't learn. My take on this is, as a raw talent, I think he has a massive potential.

The attitude. There has been some posts about temper tantrums thrown. Basically, the guy gets pissed off when he can't do what his coaches want him to. That is a sign that he wants to get better, and will do what it takes. Most people, when they are learning something and stumble, just stop and say this is the best I can do. The people that get pissed off are the ones that are not going to quit and they are going to get better one way or another!!

I know he is rough around the edges personality wise, but the guy is from Flint. NO one wants to go to Flint, not even the guys from Compton. Flint is like Detroits "bad" neighborhood.

Love him, hate him, don't give a fuck, I don't care. I just thought I would try to give a reasonable opinion as a fan.

Very reasonable assessment of the guy. Kudos to you sir and thank you for not being ridiculous about the guy.

So stupid seeing threads about him being the GOAT and being the next 3-division champ when he literally doesn't have 1 top10 win.

raw

I have nightmares about that top 20 :D top 5 lol how quickly do you think Woodley would knock Perry out currently? it might be faster than Mendes vs Mckenzie and that's even with Woodley adopting his cautious style haha
IMO the only fights I'd like to see him take if he beats Jouban would be a Matt Brown or Erik Silvia type of guy for name recognition. Fighting in the top 10 now would likely be ugly, he needs to better develop his cardio, Woodley, WB, Cerrone, Maia, Lawler, ect would likely make fast work of Mike due to him being very hittable at this stage of his development... besides his ground game being a big question mark and gas tank untested in championship rounds.

IMO the only fights I'd like to see him take if he beats Jouban would be a Matt Brown or Erik Silvia type of guy for name recognition. Fighting in the top 10 now would likely be ugly, he needs to better develop his cardio, Woodley, WB, Cerrone, Maia, Lawler, ect would likely make fast work of Mike due to him being very hittable at this stage of his development... besides his ground game being a big question mark and gas tank untested in championship rounds.
I wouldn't mind seeing him face Silva, and of course that would count as facing a legit BJJ blackbelt, plus you know there's not a chance it's going the distance.

it's hard to think of scenarios where this fight doesn't end with a k.o.

Back