A legitimate argument for backing Perry.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As a prospect, he has 9 wins, 9 ko's. He is sloppy, but not many, if any, have got off to this kind of start. At 23, you can learn boxing, you can learn Jitz, and you can learn wrestling, at least to a decent extent. The toughness and KO power are things you can't learn. My take on this is, as a raw talent, I think he has a massive potential.

The attitude. There has been some posts about temper tantrums thrown. Basically, the guy gets pissed off when he can't do what his coaches want him to. That is a sign that he wants to get better, and will do what it takes. Most people, when they are learning something and stumble, just stop and say this is the best I can do. The people that get pissed off are the ones that are not going to quit and they are going to get better one way or another!!

I know he is rough around the edges personality wise, but the guy is from Flint. NO one wants to go to Flint, not even the guys from Compton. Flint is like Detroits "bad" neighborhood.

Love him, hate him, don't give a fuck, I don't care. I just thought I would try to give a reasonable opinion as a fan.

This is the only logical thing I've heard from a Mike Perry fan. Most of it is just lame trolling.

9/9 for KOs in professional fights. That's the mantra of Platinum Nation. Are you implying, somehow, that's not legit on its own in and of itself? We may not be a bunch of mini Shakespeares but we been done sayin this shit already boy

Last edited:
great thread....i'd love to give a well thought, concise and lucid response....but hey, fuck the haters! PLATINUM NATION BABY!

Between the last two popular vids of him in the last few days, it seems strange he waited so long to get a boxing coach after losing to that mcniel guy, or has that boxing coach been working with him since 2015?

Between the last two popular vids of him in the last few days, it seems strange he waited so long to get a boxing coach after losing to that mcniel guy, or has that boxing coach been working with him since 2015?
It's called baiting and trolling

If Perry can rack up more wins and improve gradually, I see him going far. Honestly, I don't know anything about Perry aside from his trash talking and a highlight video of his 9 wins. But he reminds me of a more explosive Leben for some reason.

We will see how he develops. His grappling credentials are pretty mediocre at this point, but he's got pop, and a killer instinct. He is a fun guy to watch too because he comes to bring it. I guess only time will tell....

A big thing with young fighters is seeing how they bounce back from a loss. So I guess we'll figure that out in his next fight after Jouban.

A big thing with young fighters is seeing how they bounce back from a loss. So I guess we'll figure that out in his next fight after Jouban.

@kwoodward50 riding on his usual Platinum hatred train. Don't worry your soul will be blessed soon on 17th December.

#Platinum Bless.

@Kwoodward riding on his usual Platinum hatred train. Don't worry your soul will be blessed soon on 17th December.

#Platinum Bless.
I don't hate Platinum, I just think the trolling is annoying. And I made a bet, so I'm obligated to be against him anyways.

I know he is rough around the edges personality wise, but the guy is from Flint. NO one wants to go to Flint, not even the guys from Compton. Flint is like Detroits "bad" neighborhood

If people only understood the severity of that statement. Detroit is a poster child of criminal activity due to impoverishment and urban decay, magnify this and you have flint.

If people only understood the severity of that statement. Detroit is a poster child of criminal activity due to impoverishment and urban decay, magnify this and you have flint.
White privilege can't grasp the struggle
1093966.gif

Back