A few questions about the Klitchko's from a boxing newb

zaggers77**

Black Belt
Reaction score
How are the Klits viwed, will they eventually go down as top ten HW or be on the all time P4P boxing list?

Are the opponents they are facing today as good as top boxing HW's from the past, or is the competition just as stiff?

Cuz for me Shannon Briggs is well a nobdy but I'm no expert.

How would the klits fair vs other P4P boxers of all time like Ali or Tyson. Do you think they're size would play a big factor, or would they get demolished or win?

i think there size will give anyone fits...... people are down on boxing now cause the top two are white guys.......they dont like it .....

i think there size will give anyone fits...... people are down on boxing now cause the top two are white guys.......they dont like it .....

If they were American they would be huge and you know it, they pack stadiums in Germany and get ridiculous ratings in every fight. Heavyweight Boxing is very much alive in europe.

Do you really think it's cuz they're white or are you trolling. I mean there's plenty of white people in America. Boxing has lost it's luster here.

How are the Klits viwed, will they eventually go down as top ten HW or be on the all time P4P boxing list?

They won't be viewed on the all time P4P list.

Are the opponents they are facing today as good as top boxing HW's from the past, or is the competition just as stiff?

No they are all pretty much cans. There is rarely a decent opponent. The last decent one either of them faced was Chagaev and that was Wladimir who faced him. That was nearly a year and a half ago though.

How would the klits fair vs other P4P boxers of all time like Ali or Tyson. Do you think they're size would play a big factor, or would they get demolished or win?

They would be beaten well IMO.

1) Based on dominance top 15.
P4P sucks.

2) Not as good, but not the Klitschko's fault, they fight what's out there.

3) They'd lose to Ali, beat Tyson.

4) Size would be a great asset, jab would keep them at bay.

5) Won't get demolished.

They won't be viewed on the all time P4P list.
I agree with this, but then, it's like, "Eh...who cares." Heavyweights never get a fair shake in P4P ratings because they already live in the most glamorous division. P4P was created to increase the marketability of fighters like Sugar Ray Robinson, and more acutely, to give smaller men everywhere something to feel good about and to distract them from the fact that P4P ratings have no relevance to physics.

They are hated on because they are white and not American. Suburan American has been brained washed to think a ghetto black dude is the the best fighter out there, think Kimbo, but as we see once again the media is all lies and the best fighters are soft spoken white guys, the Klitchkos, Fedor, GSP.

I would have to rank Vitali over Riddick Bowe, Gery Cooney, Ray Mercer, Tommy Morrison, Floyd Patterson, David Tua, Ron Lyle, Earnie Shavers, Jimmy Young and eventually Ken Norton.

But to rank him over the big all-time-greats it's tough because his opponents are out of shape and can't put up a fight.

They are hated on because they are white and not American. Suburan American has been brained washed to think a ghetto black dude is the the best fighter out there, think Kimbo, but as we see once again the media is all lies and the best fighters are soft spoken white guys, the Klitchkos, Fedor, GSP.

its has nothing to do with that, they dont fight in competitive fights, as there are none at the moment, and wlad is a safety first fighter who hides behind his jab, the american public loves guys like pacquiao that are willing to stand and trade, throw on top of that they have extremely dull personalities and there are some reasons why they are hated on. if wlad was out there going for the finish from the start and stopping guys early in brutal fashion, which he is capable of, they would both be much bigger in america

Both Klitschko brother's are extreamly good fighters and would give anybody fits because of thier size and ability to use thier reach behind thier jab. I don't think they will ever be look at as some of the best fighters in the history of the division because quite frankly the competition they've faced is terrible. It's not thier fault because they fight who's there but there is no way to really gauge them like you could gauge Ali vs Frazier, Foreman, Norton and the way you could say Tyson was exposed against Holyfield as not being the beast he was thought to be (at least at that point in time.)

Thing is, if they were actually to invent a time machine, how many people think the likes of Tunney, Dempsey, Louis or Marciano would beat the Klitchkos?

A lot of people will say The klits will have no chance, but the reality is a lot different. Times change. There are no professional sportsmen from 50 years ago who would do well in today's environment. Training, nutrition etc is a lot more advanced. The klits are also a lot bigger than the HWs of 60 years ago.

But that said, the legacy of the Klits will be a lot less. They have fought in a weak era, have fought no other greats, and have a very safe (boring?) style.

So in summary, ability wise, they are right up there (top10 maybe 5).
Legacy wise, they are way down the list.

whats more advanced about training and nutrition? those old timers could fight all night, today we see guys gassing halfway through 12rd fights

That is retarded, I think it has a lot more to do with the fact they put on boring fights sometimes.

Thing is, if they were actually to invent a time machine, how many people think the likes of Tunney, Dempsey, Louis or Marciano would beat the Klitchkos?

A lot of people will say The klits will have no chance, but the reality is a lot different. Times change. There are no professional sportsmen from 50 years ago who would do well in today's environment. Training, nutrition etc is a lot more advanced. The klits are also a lot bigger than the HWs of 60 years ago.

But that said, the legacy of the Klits will be a lot less. They have fought in a weak era, have fought no other greats, and have a very safe (boring?) style.

So in summary, ability wise, they are right up there (top10 maybe 5).
Legacy wise, they are way down the list.

I agree with you, a lot of the fighters today would beat the hell out of the past fighters just because a new breed of beast fightes develop eventually.

GSP, Fedor, and Lesnar have tons of fans. You're just wrong there, quit trolling. Be serious.

They are bigger than the elite HW of 50-60 years ago.

If you look at the heaviest HW fights ever, the top 20 will all be from the last 20 years, i'm sure.

Sure you can bring out pictures of the odd big guy, but there skills are no match for the Klits, and they were the exception not the rule.

Besides the guy in that picture is a rake.

Sure you can bring out pictures of the odd big guy, but there skills are no match for the Klits, and they were the exception not the rule.

Besides the guy in that picture is a rake.

A what?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back