• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A draw my a**

I had 1,3,4 Schev and thought she was her way to winning the 5th before getting reversed and controlled. Draw doesn't bother me, but a 10-8 fifth is a sketchy as hell (2nd makes more sense than 5th).

Reading all the "I'm okay with the draw" posts feels like this

FWKXLMF3WC6SEH42YU35SSCZNA.jpg

I understand, it was a close fight and those last rounds could have gone either way... But the 10-8 just burned it all down.

It's absurd how we got to the draw

I thought Grasso won, so I dont think it made much of a difference. It was quite close.

Was very confused to see the 10-8. Guess that guy had some money on mexico tonight.

Reading all the "I'm okay with the draw" posts feels like this

FWKXLMF3WC6SEH42YU35SSCZNA.jpg

I understand, it was a close fight and those last rounds could have gone either way... But the 10-8 just burned it all down.

It's absurd how we got to the draw

Im too old to accept these things, I only a few completely egregious cards from the early cards, including PRIDE, but this shit happens almost every weekend now sir.

smh.

Im too old to accept these things, I only a few completely egregious cards from the early cards, including PRIDE, but this shit happens almost every weekend now sir.

smh.

I don't even 'score' fights live anymore.

I basically finish the round thinking "well I can see how a bored, mildly competent judge would give that round to either fighter" and wait for the coin flip

Last edited:
I don't even 'score' fights live anymore.

I basically finish the round thinking "well I can see how a bored mildly competent judge would give that round to either fighter" and wait for the coin flip

I don't either but then I watched it twice more with my homeboy, and we couldn't come close to a draw even if we tried.

Last edited:
Alexa clearly had the biggest damage in the 4th round. Alexa won 2, 4 and 5.

It's all they had at the time. You can only force so much. Man sherdoggers are getting exceedingly dumb

they shouldn't have pushed him as some Mexican hero. the Mexicans didn't give a shit about Cain Velasquez. i don't see why that's a dumb take, it obviously was a waste of money. especially when you try to push that narrative vs Werdum who literally can speak Spanish better than Cain can.

I had Val on my card but thought Grasso did enough in the championship rounds to edge both of them and take a 48-47, despite Rounds 4 & 5 being very close. Round 4 in particular was coin-flippy as hell IMO -- you could make good arguments for Shevchenko winning that.

That 10-8 in Round 5 is sus as hell, though, and I'm someone who is very liberal with 10-8s compared to most of the fanbase.

I had Val on my card but thought Grasso did enough in the championship rounds to edge both of them and take a 48-47, despite Rounds 4 & 5 being very close. Round 4 in particular was coin-flippy as hell IMO -- you could make good arguments for Shevchenko winning that.

That 10-8 in Round 5 is sus as hell, though, and I'm someone who is very liberal with 10-8s compared to most of the fanbase.

I won't go into full thought as I am absolutely exhausted, but for 3:30 of round 5 Shevchenko dominates the stand up, and Alexa has 1:30 of ground control with a few really good shots, and one decent sub attempt.

In no way should that 1:30 negate the 3:30 unless there was real damage done which there wasn't.

Alexa got punched in the face for 3/4 of the round...a few ground strikes, and a decent sub attempt does not trump that.

Back