A boxing fans perspective here (first post)

1. Conor DEFINITLY has the boxing skills to go more than one fucking round with Mayweather. He's super unorthodox compared to the normal boxer and that's why Floyd took off the first couple of rounds so he could figure out his style and so Conor would tire out. Also Floyd CANNOT knockout Conor. The only reason he finished him was because Conor was tired af. There is no legit beef they were just trying to get a big paycheck but the fight wasn't scripted.

2.Loma is definitly one of the best. He's going against world class boxer and making them quit on the stool. Noboby else has ever done that. "No Mas"Chenko baby!

3. James Toney was far from his prime and out of shape but his boxing skills were still there. They were better than Randy's and Randy still whooped that ass. If you're saying that Toney being out of shape as an excuse of why he lost and that boxers are actually tougher than mixed martial artists then you're delusional.

4. Truth is MMA fighters would whoop a boxer anyday of the week. Deal with it.

Also...

Knees and elbows make you flinch?

<36>

Floyd gonna KO Conor in da octagon cuz McConor has nevr seen dese unorthodox angles before.

If Khabib was a heavyweight, I'd have to disagree with your Mike Tyson point. Luckily for Tyson he's a lightweight. I'm not exactly a Jon Jones fan, but I'd say he gives Tyson a run, as far as Heavyweights Vs Tyson you just need to find a competent wrestler who could take a shot, so I'm always going to rally back to Brock.

No one takes a shot against any good nevermind elite, nevermind freak of nature Mike Tyson level of boxer with 4oz gloves and survives.

Who was that MMA fighter who used to jump like 4 foot in the air before the bell despite being a huge fella.

Black guy, was his name Randleman or something? He was a freak athlete, Jesus,

I more or less agree with everything TS says.

Floyd and Conor didn't agree on a fix though - Conor would absolutely have KOed Floyd if given the chance - but yes, Floyd carried him. The whole thing was a farce and he did not want to confirm it by starching Conor inside 3 rounds. He let Conor 'win' the first three rounds (by landing 24, 18 and 12% of power punches in those rounds ...LOL) then carried him a bit and put him away effortlessly.

01. Of course the conflict was fabricated. The fight? Maywheater played with him, he could have finish him earlier but why risk it?

02. How do you know and how can you compare? GOAT discussions are stupid.

03. Its not about our guys are tougher. But in a street fight, the mma fighter has the advantage, if he knows his bjj or his wrestling.
So do boxing fans with old fat Tim Sylvia KOed by a boxer.

1. 100% fixed fight. This is how the entertainment industry works at that level I'm afraid.

2. Just like I know Young Christopher Livingstone Eubank will beat Groves this Saturday. The eyes don't lie. Lomachenko is not even close to the level of the fighters I mentioned in my post. Heck he will do extremely well to get to the level of guys just below that class such as Aaron Pryor, Wilfried Benitez, etc. As I said before, this is harsh on Lomachenko to even compare him to these guys yet, nevermind proclaim him as the best ever when neither his resume or the eye test suggests such a thing.

3. I speak on behalf of the vast majority of boxing fans that we don't care about street fights. We care about who is the best in our sport, with the rules laid out.

You don't think boxing translates to combat?
{<huh}

Partially. Someone with only boxing skills who ends up on his back won 't have much to offer anymore.

Real combat is more than just using your fists as weapons.

What TS was likely alluding to is that people say that a MMA fighter would win in a street fight against a boxer. That is because MMA translates better to a real fight with no rules and no judge.

Nah he's gonna get his head kicked off

Lol, another one who thinks it would be a legit fight. As I said before, will be interesting to see how they come together to fix an MMA bout.

Sadly for you, I can confirm that neither fighter will be embarrassed or knocked out. The script writers are better than that.

When did this become a boxing section?

no offence dude, but GTFO with this shit, no one gives a fuk

I thought you were going to give us a boxing perspective of MMA, not mention it once then go on a tirade about boxing

its like your answering questions no one has asked

or responding to an argument no body is having with you

to use your words "i couldn't care less" wtf you think

And yes Floyd and Conor was fixed

fixed in the sense that someone with no boxing experience has no chance at all beating Floyd and the fight shouldn't have ever been signed

it was a wwe match
entertainment

I'll try and make this post as short as possible...

I'm a huge boxing fan that's never really been interested in MMA. I know this is almost contradictory as boxing has had more deaths but seeing people getting knee'd and elbowed makes me flinch a bit too much. It's a bit extreme for me, whatever floats your boat. I have tried to give it a chance, and I must say I was very impressed with the stamina of the fella Holloway in his last fight. I also won a ton of money on Brock Lesnar beating Mark Hunt - I know nothing about MMA but I couldn't believe the majority of MMA fans were picking Hunt after I watched highlights of them. Probably wishful thinking which happens in boxing too. A perfect example being the Groves-Eubank fight this week where all hardcores are lying to themselves in picking Groves. Eubank will destroy him. Easy money. Anyway, here is a few observations from a boxing fan to you MMA fans:

1: Mayweather/McGregor was a FIXED, I repeat FIXED, fight. I'm sorry to be dogmatic but cmon man, wise up. That fight couldn't have been scripted better. Mayweather got his expected stoppage against a novice & on the flip side McGregor won the first few rounds and landed more punches than Pacquiao. Reading the posts on here, I can't believe everyone seems to think there is some legit beef between these two. If you believe that, I'm sorry but you have something missing upstairs. Mayweather came to the ring in a fucking mask to basically tell us we were getting robbed. Then McGregor leaves an Instagram post afterwards claiming he was the orangutan in the circus obeying the rules. Yes, a circus indeed. Both of these men have huge brands & they know they can make hundreds of millions with each other. If it was a legit fight, Mayweather would knock McConor out in one round. if he wanted to play with him then it would be like watching a lion play with an alley cat. McGregor would be clowned so bad that his brand would be destroyed despite it not being his primary sport. Anything they do in future will be pre-planned, stop putting so much energy into it. I couldn't stop laughing at all the comments on here before the 'fight' suggesting Conor would lose his cool and put Floyd in a choke. These guys are business partners, not rivals. Cmon.

2. Lomachenko is not the best boxer ever. He isn't even the best boxer today, that is Terence Crawford. I love Loma but cmon, have you guys ever bothered watching Sugar Ray Leonard, Sal Sanchez, Hagler, Duran, Pernell Whittaker, Jones, Hearns, etc? Stop believing Joe Rogan Ffs. His knowledge of boxing is beyond dreadful. Heck, he thinks Loma is Russian.

3. James Toney was in his prime in 1992 as a middleweight & didn't have a style conducive to MMA. Couture beat a morbidly obese, so badly brain damaged that they needed to use subtitles for his promo, shot to shit, turning up only for a pay check James Toney in 2010!! Why do MMA fans always use James Toney as some sort of 'our guys are tougher than your guys' barometer. Pathetic.

4. MMA fans seem to have a weird obsession with street fights, and how MMA fighters would beat boxers in street fights. I'm sorry to inform you, but us boxing fans don't give a shit about fantasy street fights that should be the fantasies of only those going through puberty.

5. For you American posters, it's "I couldn't care less", not "I could care less". Man that is the most annoying thing. If you COULD care less then you must care to begin with. It's not hard.

Over and out.

1. I don't know about fixed but I sensed maybe almost a gentleman's agreement where both guys were thinking let's get paid, look good and go home.

2. I don't know enough about boxing to have a competent opinion.

3. Agreed that anyone using this fight as an MMA vs Boxing scale tipper needs to be Stockton slapped, I'm not even convinced Toney was actually training.

4. I think a lot of that goes back to the early UFC days about most real fights ending up on the ground so it's more beneficial to be an adept grappler, also allowing to dictate where the fight takes place. Of course in real life it's not that simple.

5. Yeah that is kind of annoying

6. Welcome Sherbro!

When did this become a boxing section?

no offence dude, but GTFO with this shit, no one gives a fuk

I thought you were going to give us a boxing perspective of MMA, not mention it once then go on a tirade about boxing

its like your answering questions no one has asked

or responding to an argument no body is having with you

to use your words "i couldn't care less" wtf you think

Just a couple of observations my friend. I've tried to get into MMA but I guess it's just not for me. I watched Stipe/Ngannou and thought it was very boring. I'm not judging the sport on one fight, I've seen many and the wrestling and ground game just doesn't do anything for me. But it's swings and roundabouts...there's many people out there who would rather watch the proverbial paint dry than watch a Rigondeaux fight but then there is me who enjoys the technical aspect of it.

Funnily enough, most MMA classics that I see listed are stand up fights with lots of punches being traded. Then these same people say boxing's boring.

People don't really care much about streetfighs. They care about real fighting. People practice a martial art often to possibly defend themselves if the situation would call for it. It is why those arts were created in the first place. So you'd think it would matter if your combat sport translates to real combat.

LOL as if boxing wouldn't be useful to you in a 'real combat situation' when some annoying drunk joe shmoe comes up to you. C'mon man, most people don't know how to fight worth two shits. If you train boxing on a semi regular basis, you have a leg up in the majority of normal 'combat situations'

Apart from that: I'm a regular in the boxing sub and I think TS sounds like an insecure annoying little brat, so yeah... These threads and discussions are so dumb tbh

1. 100% fixed fight. This is how the entertainment industry works at that level I'm afraid.

2. Just like I know Young Christopher Livingstone Eubank will beat Groves this Saturday. The eyes don't lie. Lomachenko is not even close to the level of the fighters I mentioned in my post. Heck he will do extremely well to get to the level of guys just below that class such as Aaron Pryor, Wilfried Benitez, etc. As I said before, this is harsh on Lomachenko to even compare him to these guys yet, nevermind proclaim him as the best ever when neither his resume or the eye test suggests such a thing.

3. I speak on behalf of the vast majority of boxing fans that we don't care about street fights. We care about who is the best in our sport, with the rules laid out.

01. Maybe they knew Conor has no chance (except a puncher's luck, one in million) and they figured they dont need to fix it. Also, they knew Floyd will carry him. But yeah, I agree with you. Logic tells us the conflict was fabricated and they made a lot of money out of it.

02. So you should be rich this Saturday, right? How much money are you putting on Eubanks?

03. MMA being a new sport and being more related with street fighting, I can understand why the mma fans act like this.

What is your opinion on Cody Garbrandt? How would he do in boxing? Stipe?

LOL as if boxing wouldn't be useful to you in a 'real combat situation' when some annoying drunk joe shmoe comes up to you

Please point out where in my post I suggest that boxing wouldn't be useful in such a situation.

1) No, it wasn't fixed. But I would give that Mayweather was trying to make it look like a show.

2) agreed, he isn't the best boxer ever.

3) Toney was way out of his prime and not in great shape, but that's really a moot point. He would be a pathetic MMA fighter no matter what without some years of grappling, as would any boxer or any fighter period.

4) MMA has way less rules than boxing, therefore in a form of combat with less rules (MMA, Pancration, combat Sambo, street fights) MMA fighters will win the vast majority of the time.

5) Wrong. In America, the saying "I could care less" has developed in an ironic, sarcastic sense. You don't have to like it, or think it makes sense, but that's what it is.

It's not a fix unless both parties are in on it. Floyd isn't what he was and was partly having a look at Mcgregor/partly carrying him. He knew everyone would be pissed if it didn't appear competitive (see also Pacman fight).

The rest I can't be bothered to comment on fully. Yes certain boxers could/would do well in MMA but they would need to be a certain style. Someone like David Haye who at least respects MMA but has ridiculous power could make an impact, or someone with a brawling smothering style. Lots of other things that boxers do would get them killed in an MMA bout but yes a boxers footwork could make a difference if they were competant at defending other techniques.

How does a younger fast James Toney magically develop takedown defence or a different stance to the one he's used for decades?

01. Maybe they knew Conor has no chance (except a puncher's luck, one in million) and they figured they dont need to fix it. Also, they knew Floyd will carry him.

02. So you should be rich this Saturday, right? How much money are you putting on Eubanks?

03. MMA being a new sport and being more related with street fighting, I can understand why the mma fans act like this.

What is your opinion on Cody Garbrandt? How would he do in boxing? Stipe?

2. I've been contemplating putting everything I have on it. I really do believe this is such an easy fight to call. Similar to when Linares was bizarrely the underdog against Crolla in their first fight.

Stipe would lose to British level boxers nevermind European and world level boxers. Not a knock on the guy, he is an MMA fighter. He can't concrentrate purely on one discipline.

I've never seen Cody fight, bearing in mind I'm an MMA casual, although I suspect it would be the same opinion as above.

most of what you're saying is true, but some of it is nonsense. especially the part about "street fights" you know exactly what anyone who mentions that meant. boxing isn't close enough to a real fight to say that these men are "better fighters" because boxers are only boxers or pugilists. certainly not fighters.

I dont think it needed to be "fixed" as far as a mutual agreemt between the two: hey, bud, I'll go light for a few rounds but will be looking to put you out in the tenth.

Floyd is good enough to just choreogaph the fight on his own. Prob put $20 mil on a tenth round finish

As far as point three goes.
Are you saying that a Boxer, lets say Anthony Joshua as he seems to be the craze at the moment. Can come into MMA in the same style James Toney did but with the intent to win and beat say, a prime pre surgery Brock Lesnar? I mean sure Boxers will win some fights if they're specifically matched with stand up guys. But if you pair Floyd with say, Frankie Edgar arguably one of the most well rounded fighters out there. It's only going one way.

AJ without a training camp should be a tougher fight than "stipe vs ngannou" for stipe.
Im not trolling.

JCVD%20Weird%20Ad.gif

Wilder by street fight.

Back