A bit of advice

Rial

White Belt
Reaction score
okay i'm new to this forum stuff. but i just needed a bit of advice. i have been doing kyokushin karate for 3 years now, fighting for 1 1/2. i have always had a great mind for training, able to get in the zone real easy, able to push myself beyond the limits and such but about 3 1/2 weeks ago i got my appendix taken out as it was playing up. i have just got back into training a week ago, but its like my mind is completely different, i'm giving up easier, can't push myself at all, i dont even feel like training most the time, even though i want to. just wanting to hear any advice from anyone whos ever felt this way, as i've never felt like this before.

I would say you are just a little rusty, take you old workloads and cut them in half for a week or two then increase it some and after a month try to be back to where you were.

For Heaven's sake, you just had surgery on your body 3.5 weeks ago! Of course you're going to be feeling a little different for a while yet. Take it slowly and expect to feel less assertive as you once were. You'll be back in old form eventually.

Back