A bit of advice

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Rial, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Rial

Rial White Belt

okay i'm new to this forum stuff. but i just needed a bit of advice. i have been doing kyokushin karate for 3 years now, fighting for 1 1/2. i have always had a great mind for training, able to get in the zone real easy, able to push myself beyond the limits and such but about 3 1/2 weeks ago i got my appendix taken out as it was playing up. i have just got back into training a week ago, but its like my mind is completely different, i'm giving up easier, can't push myself at all, i dont even feel like training most the time, even though i want to. just wanting to hear any advice from anyone whos ever felt this way, as i've never felt like this before.

2. dragon_21

dragon_21 Blue Belt

I would say you are just a little rusty, take you old workloads and cut them in half for a week or two then increase it some and after a month try to be back to where you were.

3. deadlyshaolin

deadlyshaolin euphoria

For Heaven's sake, you just had surgery on your body 3.5 weeks ago! Of course you're going to be feeling a little different for a while yet. Take it slowly and expect to feel less assertive as you once were. You'll be back in old form eventually.