9mm or .40cal for long range shooting

Good on you for white knighting the OP.

The PX4 Storm, like the Bears... still sucks though

Da bearssss.....

A hurricane vs a tornado....only there's a twist....the tornado is named ditka....

Tough choice but the answer is da bearssss.

Was that a Ditka commercial? He was getting the endorsement gigs for awhile.

Nah it was an old Saturday night live skit where these fat bears fans sat around saying stuff like "da bearsssss" I think the "I can't believe it's not polish sausage" was a fake product they were endorsing for the skit.

I'm sure it's on YouTube, i think it was called "super fans" or something, maybe John goodMan was in it. Suuuuper old school. Probably 20-25 years old.

Nah it was an old Saturday night live skit where these fat bears fans sat around saying stuff like "da bearsssss" I think the "I can't believe it's not polish sausage" was a fake product they were endorsing for the skit.

I'm sure it's on YouTube, i think it was called "super fans" or something, maybe John goodMan was in it. Suuuuper old school. Probably 20-25 years old.

Oh, so this information doesn't advance a very narrowly confined solicitation for free advice?

PIkprkZ.gif

i don't know if i can report this to mods as a form of bashing.

if you want to create a thread about random stuff, thats fine with me, just don't go trolling my threads

While you're at it let me know if I can be reported for letting you know that I personally hope nobody in this forum ever responds to you again. If so I won't do it.

If you are really curious about energy, velocity and drop between rounds pick some good factory ammo and compare them in a free online ballistics calculator.

Nothing wrong with this, good looking pistol but a long range camp gun it is not.

i'm getting the cx-4 storm carbine to go along..
hqdefault.jpg

then i will have the longer range covered.

i don't know if i can report this to mods as a form of bashing.

if you want to create a thread about random stuff, thats fine with me, just don't go trolling my threads

Nobody trolled your thread. Bashing is in reference to mma fighters.

The first page is basically people telling you to get the .40. From there people offered other (better) options for a long range camp gun. Obviously you wanted/got a ccw pistol that is big enough to be more fun than a sub compact at the range.

I still recommend at least looking into a 9mm AR. Quite a few lowers/upper combos out there, its an AR so there are fantastic triggers available. You can also build a couple different uppers on different calibers and still use the same lower (depending on brand of lower).

While you're at it let me know if I can be reported for letting you know that I personally hope nobody in this forum ever responds to you again. If so I won't do it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Personally speaking the rifle makes that shotgun look like shit.

You seem to be about 10mm the same as me with CZ handguns. :D
Come on bro, this forum gets shit for traffic and it's kind of the nature of the beast with gun owners. We stray off topic and give more facts and opinions than necessary but in the end we mostly all appreciate as much input as we can get.

no reason to report you, just bash me a little and i might.. Also, thank you for your input, you don't need to post anymore on my threads. Your replies I can do without, they are very uninformative.

Nobody trolled your thread. Bashing is in reference to mma fighters.

The first page is basically people telling you to get the .40. From there people offered other (better) options for a long range camp gun. Obviously you wanted/got a ccw pistol that is big enough to be more fun than a sub compact at the range.

I still recommend at least looking into a 9mm AR. Quite a few lowers/upper combos out there, its an AR so there are fantastic triggers available. You can also build a couple different uppers on different calibers and still use the same lower (depending on brand of lower).

not too much of an AR or glock fan myself >.> bashing, flaming... I don't know the lingo too much

Come on bro, this forum gets shit for traffic and it's kind of the nature of the beast with gun owners. We stray off topic and give more facts and opinions than necessary but in the end we mostly all appreciate as much input as we can get.

I normally wouldn't speak up about it but this thread was literally all over the place. It didn't even take a few posts before people were figuratively shitting all over the firearm the OP was gonna buy. That shit doesn't sit well with me. We're all gun owners in here and we like the guns we like because we like them, not because others like them.

He said he wanted a long range/camp set up. That in most people's eyes us a full size/long slide/revolver. 9mm and 40 are poor choices compared to others available. What he really wanted and got was a ccw pistol. People were trying to steer him to guns and calibers that would have been better suited for longer range.

He wanted to know which caliber was better at longer ranges(I.e. beyond effective range of 50m) between 9mm and 40 s&w, presumably out of a carbine. He wanted one to match the caliber of the specific pistol he was going to buy.

That's all he was originally asking. What happened was the majority of the thread was a bunch of useful but irrelevant opinions and banter plus it didn't take but a few posts before he was defending his choice in a firearm.

done!!! just did a trigger job for the revolver, just bought the handgun today!!

i'm going to the range tomorrow with my stainless steel beauties.

8cf65b_81dd26219d494928b2a1ca8368f039e7.png

i'm getting the cx-4 storm carbine to go along..
hqdefault.jpg

then i will have the longer range covered.

Is that 16in barrel really optimal for 9mm luger?

And for such a funky looking gun, you think Beretta would make hold a more powerful round. It will then probably have a better chance at being looked at more seriously by police and military around the world. It was even used on BSG re-imagined.

Is that 16in barrel really optimal for 9mm luger?

And for such a funky looking gun, you think Beretta would make hold a more powerful round. It will then probably have a better chance at being looked at more seriously by police and military around the world. It was even used on BSG re-imagined.

I normally wouldn't speak up about it but this thread was literally all over the place. It didn't even take a few posts before people were figuratively shitting all over the firearm the OP was gonna buy. That shit doesn't sit well with me. We're all gun owners in here and we like the guns we like because we like them, not because others like them.

Out of respect for what I know of your posting I revisited page one and continue to not see the problem. Here's the OP's thread launch.

So my deciding factor now is long distance shooting/hunting. Accuracy and power. 40cal vs 9mm.

Which does it for you guys?

Which of the first 10 posts don't speak to this or him wanting to match up the px4 and a a long gun (or something that's of the same caliber)?

Out of respect for what I know of your posting I revisited page one and continue to not see the problem. Here's the OP's thread launch.

Which of the first 10 posts don't speak to this or him wanting to match up the px4 and a a long gun (or something that's of the same caliber)?

I'm sorry, I came here to post for info. Upon further searching I am moving my discussions about guns and weapons to another forum. I have discovered some useful info here: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194651

notice how thread responses are to support thread title, and not give opinionated hate..

I had a false sense of hope that the weapons and tactics forum populace of sherdog are more so mature than the posters in the heavies. I'll stick around in the mayberry for light-hearted discussion, and will be weary of ever posting in this section.

@IdahoCBR thanks again for a good response. if you do live in idaho, i would be more than happy to buy you a beer sometime. my godson lives in pullman, it's coming time soon for me to visit him.

He wanted to know which caliber was better at longer ranges(I.e. beyond effective range of 50m) between 9mm and 40 s&w, presumably out of a carbine. He wanted one to match the caliber of the specific pistol he was going to buy.

That's all he was originally asking. What happened was the majority of the thread was a bunch of useful but irrelevant opinions and banter plus it didn't take but a few posts before he was defending his choice in a firearm.

And ended up not getting the overwhelming response which was .40 and didn't get the Beretta pxshit storm...

I thought it was already stated that the .40 is likely better. I recommended a S&W 40. Then I recommended a AR in 10mm but also stated it is available in 9, 40 and 357 sig. Good recommendation as it is definitely better than the Beretta c4x storm with one of the worst, creepiest 10+ lb triggers made.

I don't care what he gets tbh, most liked his post where he said he got the 92. Obviously your post(pointless as he already picked up a 92) and his follow up is what people didn't like. Usually doesn't happen in f65.

And ended up not getting the overwhelming response which was .40 and didn't get the Beretta pxshit storm...

I thought it was already stated that the .40 is likely better. I recommended a S&W 40. Then I recommended a AR in 10mm but also stated it is available in 9, 40 and 357 sig. Good recommendation as it is definitely better than the Beretta c4x storm with one of the worst, creepiest 10+ lb triggers made.

I don't care what he gets tbh, most liked his post where he said he got the 92. Obviously your post(pointless as he already picked up a 92) and his follow up is what people didn't like. Usually doesn't happen in f65.

actually... i got this on armslist off impulse (if you know me personally, i am a very impulsive individual) the compact model is offered in 9mm only... that doesn't mean i am not getting a px-4 storm in 40cal... which would probably be next month.

I am eyeing a double action only, without safety.. here: http://www.southernohiogun.com/handguns/surplus-handguns/beretta-px4-storm-40cal.html

i'm still in debate on whether the carbine would be in 9mm or 40cal. that would probably be 2-3 gun purchases from now

Back