9mm or .40cal for long range shooting

the indoor ranges here only allow use of ammo purchased there... thankfully washington has tons of forest roads to go off of...

I'll probably go buy a couple of samples to see what the gun likes best... so far it has eaten everything without issue

Underwood ammo. They use high quality brass, powder, primers and bullets. The mostly use Speer, Nosler, Hornady bullets.

https://www.underwoodammo.com/9mm-luger/

Underwood speer bonded 147 +p+. This isn't in stock but the 124 is.

Screenshot_2015-12-09-10-44-25_zpsovclt0t4.png

Screenshot_2015-12-09-10-46-03_zpsjcy1ibcn.png

Screenshot_2015-12-09-10-46-28_zpszls9yqhw.png

Pretty nasty.

This is my home defense/carry round:
90900-2.jpg

critical_defense_togther.jpg

Also, stay away from Tula... Granted this vid is an AR but I always hear horror stories about that shit:

Also, where in WA are you @Jujitsu Passion ? The range I go to is run by my county and they just want Total Metal Jacket for the indoor range.

Also, stay away from Tula... Granted this vid is an AR but I always hear horror stories about that shit:

Also, where in WA are you @Jujitsu Passion ? The range I go to is run by my county and they just want Total Metal Jacket for the indoor range.

i am south of seattle... i already have mt rainier and the olympic forest and the army base.

my experiences are good with tula.. but then i have an ak.

Clearly the real answer to your dillema is glorious kel-tec brand kel-tec pmr-30, and whatever random carbine.

attachment.php

Cheapest long range (for a pistol) round you can get!

Good winter(heavy clothing) round but there are better imo for other times.
Suggestions? I grabbed it cause a buddy swears by them.

I know Browning recently released a personal defense round that looks fucking NASTY after it hits a target.

Suggestions? I grabbed it cause a buddy swears by them.

I know Browning recently released a personal defense round that looks fucking NASTY after it hits a target.

I like the Speer gold dots. Good track record.

Underwood ammo loads them hot if you wanted more fps.

The post above your Hornady post shows a 9mm Speer GD loaded by underwood

I like the Speer gold dots. Good track record.

Underwood ammo loads them hot if you wanted more fps.

The post above your Hornady post shows a 9mm Speer GD loaded by underwood
That's nasty looking.

This is the new Browning stuff:
ba2.jpg

ba3.jpg

That's nasty looking.

This is the new Browning stuff:
ba2.jpg

ba3.jpg

Interesting. I wonder how reliable it is. The reason I like the Speer(other than the proven leo track record) is how large they expand(the same could be said for the HST). People actually make jewelry out if them lol

il_570xN.692892358_bfpe.jpg

Speer-GoldDot-124gr+P--1.jpg

An interesting hd round if you are worried about over penetration is the Lehigh max expansion.

lehigh_expanded_45_large.jpg

leheighmaximumexpansion11.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

lehigh-defense-45-acp-p-174gr-maximum-expansion-ammo_2048x2048.jpg

Interesting. I wonder how reliable it is. The reason I like the Speer(other than the proven leo track record) is how large they expand(the same could be said for the HST). People actually make jewelry out if them lol

il_570xN.692892358_bfpe.jpg

Speer-GoldDot-124gr+P--1.jpg

An interesting hd round if you are worried about over penetration is the Lehigh max expansion.

lehigh_expanded_45_large.jpg

leheighmaximumexpansion11.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

lehigh-defense-45-acp-p-174gr-maximum-expansion-ammo_2048x2048.jpg
Over penetration isn't a huge concern of mine. My issue is the home defense pistol I have that has the light on it right now is my Para 1911 and 1911's have serious feeding issues with hollow points.

Over penetration isn't a huge concern of mine. My issue is the home defense pistol I have that has the light on it right now is my Para 1911 and 1911's have serious feeding issues with hollow points.

Sounds like you might have to do it the expensive way.

Buy 40 rounds of a few brands and test them.

Sounds like you might have to do it the expensive way.

Buy 40 rounds of a few brands and test them.

That's what I've been doing for the past 10-15 years, I sort of thought everybody did that. Ever new personal defense gun I've bought, I've sort of factored that into the cost of a new gun. For example if I was going to buy a new glock I'd think:

-glock: 550.00
-4-5 extra mags: 75.00
-sights: 100.00
-holster (if it's a model I do t have already)125.00
-5-6 sorts of defensive ammo to test out: ~100.00

Cost of a new glock ~ 950.00

What would you guys suggest as a good AR-15 combat/home defense round. Something like that I WOULD worry about over penetration.

I'd say barnes tsx, sost, or bonded SPs (tbbc, le223t3, etc) are the best.

I'd say barnes tsx, sost, or bonded SPs (tbbc, le223t3, etc) are the best.

Great rounds but they do get a bit more penetration and he said he was worried about that. The TSX is very impressive imo. I like the results of the Hornady 62gr tap barrier and Speer 64gr as well.

50gr tsx
lSJKqkj.jpg

ve26tsx7x93x3b11vvdu9wd7gxepoonh.jpg

62gr tab barrier

8125N.jpg

83285.jpg

Back