Social 9.7% of US housing units are vacant.

And who is going to pay the property tax, maintenance and upkeep on all these properties? the people that won't even get a job to have somewhere to live in the first place?

Why should some people have to pay for a home while others just have it given to them? How is that fair?
Truthfully, If your taking about the homeless , permanent housing leads to positive outcomes across the board. Better health , reintegration into society , less substance abuse, prolonged employment and a re integration into the community

We can ship all the homeless to the east side of Detroit and give them $1 houses but would they even accept that?
no, i’m sure 99.9% of homeless people would scoff and spit in your face if you offered them a $1 house. no one in their right mind would accept help.

am i doing it right?

I'm well off, have rental property(commercial), and I say fuck um. Work your whole damn life like I do.
this is at least admirable in its honesty. i wish more of you guys would take this approach.

Truthfully, If your taking about the homeless , permanent housing leads to positive outcomes across the board. Better health , reintegration into society , less substance abuse, prolonged employment and a re integration into the community
So, back to what I originally said- rewarding people for degeneracy.
I don't want to pay for my housing then. Why should I?

tf is there to discuss? these are all vacant properties that Americans would rather watch rot for nothing than give to someone in need.
<Huh2>

It's very noble of you to buy up houses to let homeless drug addicts live in for free. Oh wait, you're not, but want to flex your fake virtue by demanding other people do? Why do all the lefties' grand virtuous plans only involve demands from other people and absolutely nothing from themselves?

Oh yeah, only people with jobs and take care of their place should pay rent and mortgages, but if you're a junkie who trashes it, turns it into a drug den with dealers and your drug buddies showing up at all hours and makes the entire neighborhood less safe, it's on the house?

Does it say where these houses are? Are they already burned out crack houses? Are they in places that even have homeless people? The country is a pretty big place.

It is not moral to force someone to provide another person with housing. Especially with the boosted unemployment, COVID checks and job market. If the government wants to step in and provide funding for the renters, then that's one thing. But to force someone to stay in your house at your expense is immoral.

It's very noble of you to buy up houses to let homeless drug addicts live in for free. Oh wait, you're not, but want to flex your fake virtue by demanding other people do? Why do all the lefties' grand virtuous plans only involve demands from other people and absolutely nothing from themselves?
it’s actually quite simple. the mainstream leftist rhetoric is about helping the less fortunate, therefore many leftists are the less fortunate. i’m one of those ones. i could be far less fortunate however, and i do recognize that.

as for helping people in need, i shared a studio apartment with a homeless coworker until he got back on his feet, which was a little over a month. thankfully, i liked the guy, so it wasn’t much of an issue for me. i also vote on every question that will allow for more community-building resources. i’m not telling you this because i think i’m better than you for it, but simply because you brought it up.
Oh yeah, only people with jobs and take care of their place should pay rent and mortgages, but if you're a junkie who trashes it, turns it into a drug den with dealers and your drug buddies showing up at all hours and makes the entire neighborhood less safe, it's on the house?
i’m sure situations like that are gonna happen sometimes, but characterizing even a small majority of homeless people as “junkies” or “drug dealers” proves you are forced to demonize the less fortunate to justify not helping them.

Take a guess

And who is going to pay the property tax, maintenance and upkeep on all these properties? the people that won't even get a job to have somewhere to live in the first place?

Why should some people have to pay for a home while others just have it given to them? How is that fair?

that’s their right as property owners but if the alternative is watching your property age and lose value for absolutely nothing, maybe it’s a good idea.

it’s almost like the world would be better if people could do the things they loved doing instead of being forced to work themselves into the ground.

I know that people just "love" to make air conditioners and they just "love" producing cars and they just "love" working on other people's vehicles that break down. Cell phone tower guys just love climbing towers.

Or.. it might be a shock to you, they like getting their paycheck

So, back to what I originally said- rewarding people for degeneracy.
I don't want to pay for my housing then. Why should I?
Okay? Then go live in some city housing dump that has nowhere near the amenities you likely have at your home in your privileged ljge . A roof over your head should be the bare minimum , you want more , go work for it. I'm not suggesting you provide a middle class home to everybody .

Imagine generalizing available housing options throughout a nation like America without correlating their purpose to areas that need housing (ie major cities).

Is anybody awake anymore?

I know that people just "love" to make air conditioners and they just "love" producing cars and they just "love" working on other people's vehicles that break down. Cell phone tower guys just love climbing towers.

I Install and fix refrigeration and AC. Can confirm , I enjoy majority of what I do lol fixing things is fun, solving mechanical or electrical issues is fun .

it’s actually quite simple. the mainstream leftist rhetoric is about helping the less fortunate, therefore many leftists are the less fortunate. i’m one of those ones. i could be far less fortunate however, and i do recognize that.

as for helping people in need, i shared a studio apartment with a homeless coworker until he got back on his feet, which was a little over a month. thankfully, i liked the guy, so it wasn’t much of an issue for me. i also vote on every question that will allow for more community-building resources. i’m not telling you this because i think i’m better than you for it, but simply because you brought it up.

i’m sure situations like that are gonna happen sometimes, but characterizing even a small majority of homeless people as “junkies” or “drug dealers” proves you are forced to demonize the less fortunate to justify not helping them.

Do the tent cities that currently exist look like organized safe places that you would take children near? Are there drug dealers hanging around every single one of them?

According to The National Coalition for the Homeless, 38 percent of homeless people have an alcohol addiction, and 26 percent are addicted to other substances.

https://www.addictiongroup.org/addiction/homelessness/

The other major problem among the homeless is mental illness. They need treatment centers, not enablers buying them houses.

that’s exactly the point i’m making lol people are forced, with the threat of homelessness and starvation, to work, and for less than they’re worth.

in addition, those are all industries centered around amenities, particularly for people with money. there are of course affordable options, but they are all amenities. those people often rely on the government to provide them with basic needs, while they make Mercedes’ for rich people.

that’s their right as property owners but if the alternative is watching your property age and lose value for absolutely nothing, maybe it’s a good idea.

it’s almost like the world would be better if people could do the things they loved doing instead of being forced to work themselves into the ground.

Why do you think they are watching their property age and lose value? Last I checked aging property doesn't lose value, it gains value, financially speaking.

Back