Social 9.7% of US housing units are vacant.

codfather

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Vacancy % in most populous states:
  1. Florida - 13.5
  2. North Carolina - 11.6
  3. Michigan - 11.6
  4. Texas - 9.5
  5. Pennsylvania - 9.3
  6. New York - 9.1
  7. New Jersey - 8.9
  8. Georgia - 8.8
  9. Ohio - 8.3
  10. Virginia - 8.2
  11. Illinois - 7.9
  12. Washington - 7.1
  13. California - 6.4

Republican
Democrat

Source

Last edited:
better tear ‘em all down and turn ‘em into brazilian butt lift parlors.

A sizable portion is probably in the Rust Belt.

Doesn’t matter how much vacant housing you have if it isn’t in New York, California, Miami, etc. where housing prices are skyrocketing due to a scarcity in housing. (Which is completely artificial in California and to some extent artificial in Miami, supposing that you don’t care about the Everglades)

Is the speculation that large investment companies are buying up houses like a lot of people say?

But good thread, a single link with no context or discussion.
tf is there to discuss? these are all vacant properties that Americans would rather watch rot for nothing than give to someone in need.

I'm against "giving" anything to anyone. Earn it, like everyone else. I'm tired of people being rewarded for being degenerates.
well you don’t have anything to give, i’m guessing, so i don’t really have a problem with that.

it’s the people doing a lot better than you and the people doing a lot worse than you that i’m talking about.

well you don’t have anything to give, i’m guessing, so i don’t really have a problem with that.

it’s the people doing a lot better than you and the people doing a lot worse than you that i’m talking about.
And who is going to pay the property tax, maintenance and upkeep on all these properties? the people that won't even get a job to have somewhere to live in the first place?

Why should some people have to pay for a home while others just have it given to them? How is that fair?

I'm against "giving" anything to anyone. Earn it, like everyone else. I'm tired of people being rewarded for being degenerates.
who are you calling a degenerate? snobby fuck..

tf is there to discuss? these are all vacant properties that Americans would rather watch rot for nothing than give to someone in need.
You mean people dont want to "give" up the property they worked to buy to some bum? Imagine that. I'm all for opportunities but if you "give" people everything they will work for nothing. I'm sure the owners of those properties are trying to sell or rent them and get a return on their investment.

And who is going to pay the property tax, maintenance and upkeep on all these properties?
people who pay taxes.
the people that won't even get a job to have somewhere to live in the first place?
gross misjudgement of character in people less fortunate than you. this is normal.
Why should some people have to pay for a home while others just have it given to them? How is that fair?
it’s not. frankly, no one should have to pay for somewhere to live. if that’s your stance, which i doubt, then i agree.

You mean people dont want to "give" up the property they worked to buy to some bum? Imagine that. I'm all for opportunities but if you "give" people everything they will work for nothing. I'm sure the owners of those properties are trying to sell or rent them and get a return on their investment.
He also probably doesn’t get that not all problems are distributed equally.

Is this vacant housing all in California, which is suffering a homeless crisis? Well I don’t have the hard data to back it up, but I suspect not, knowing what I know about their housing market.

We can ship all the homeless to the east side of Detroit and give them $1 houses but would they even accept that?

Why is COVID still overrunning ICU’s when we have almost 70% adult vaccination and immunity? Well because everyone in NYC is vaccinated but nobody in Oklahoma is.

You mean people dont want to "give" up the property they worked to buy to some bum? Imagine that.
that’s their right as property owners but if the alternative is watching your property age and lose value for absolutely nothing, maybe it’s a good idea.
I’m all for opportunities but if you "give" people everything they will work for nothing. I'm sure the owners of those properties are trying to sell or rent them and get a return on their investment.
it’s almost like the world would be better if people could do the things they loved doing instead of being forced to work themselves into the ground.

Back