8 free fights to get hyped for 155.

Still nobody has explained why i should be more impressed by jds for beating carwin than cain for beating lesnar.... other than sputtering dribble like "lesnar is overrated", and their evidence for this is that cain beat lesnar.

nobody has explained why beating a nogueira who just destroyed randy couture is less impressive than beating a werdum who a year and a half out from getting controlled by arlovski.

Still nobody has explained why i should be more impressed by jds for beating carwin than cain for beating lesnar....

nobody has explained why beating a nogueira who just destroyed randy couture is more impressive than beating a werdum who was coming off a one sided loss to arlovski...

And you still haven't acknowledged that JDS also beat Nelson, Struve and Gonzaga. It's about the depth. Here is their UFC wins to date

Cain - Morris, O'Brien, Stojnic, Kongo, Rothwell, Nog, Brock, (Bigfoot)

JDS - Werdum, Struve, CroCop, Yvel, Gonzaga, Nelson, Carwin, (Cain, Mir)

Even removing Mir, Cain and Bigfoot, JDS had a tougher overall road.

And Carwin beat the piss out of Brock. If Herb had been the ref it would have ended in the first.

Werdum wasn't coming off a loss to Arlovski. He was coming off back to back wins against Vera (who beat Mir, unlike Nog since you want to get all MMAth on us) and Gonzaga. If you think 'it was recent enough' then Nog was coming off making Mir look like Ali.

Last edited:
i don't understand why brock is included on cain's list. that was the guy he fought for the title, it wasn't part of his resume leading up the title. if you're going to include brock for cain then you should include cain for dos santos :p

i don't understand why brock is included on cain's list. that was the guy he fought for the title, it wasn't part of his resume leading up the title. if you're going to include brock for cain then you should include cain for dos santos :p

I'm willing to argue the handicapped JDS resume and pretend we're arguing who had the tougher run leading up to Cain/JDS 1. It's not one-sided, but I think the stronger argument is for JDS. Obviously, if you include Cain and the Mir win vs. the Bigfoot win it becomes completely one-sided.

are people in this thread retarded?

cain took out: brock, nogueira, rothwell, kongo
jds took out: carwin, gonzaga, werdum, yvel

brock > carwin
rothwell > yvel
kongo > crocop
nogueira > werdum

but JDS had the better competition? I'm not saying it isn't arguable, but in the face of these facts, you actually have to be retarded to say it's a foregone conclusion that JDS had the better run.

Fairly legit argument.

But if Cain took out the better competition, and for now we can agree that it's JDS > Cain, doesn't that sort of validate JDS' run as being better?

Why am I never able to watch the free fight videos on YouTube? They are constantly getting interrupted by having to buffer all the time. This never happens to me when I try to watch anything else on YouTube. Anyone have any ideas why it keeps doing this?

because these are more protected content,so watching them is a little different.

Regular uploaded youtube videos are basically mp4 and flv files sitting on a server.These can buffer up as much as they want because the file size is known and there is actually an end to the media file.

Videos like these UFC videos use a streaming protocol, therefore they are basically acting like live streams. Not too much buffering can happen,so unless the connection is absolutely perfect,you are going to have glitches. If too many people watching,or the servers are crap, you will have a slow and crappy experience.

I have a 250mbps connection and i'm getting a lot of pauses during viewing.

brock > carwin
rothwell > yvel
kongo > crocop
nogueira > werdum

but JDS had the better competition? I'm not saying it isn't arguable, but in the face of these facts, you actually have to be retarded to say it's a foregone conclusion that JDS had the better run.

Mir>kongo
Mir>nog
Struve>stojinc
Yvel>Kongo

Am I doing this right?

because these are more protected content,so watching them is a little different.

Regular uploaded youtube videos are basically mp4 and flv files sitting on a server.These can buffer up as much as they want because the file size is known and there is actually an end to the media file.

Videos like these UFC videos use a streaming protocol, therefore they are basically acting like live streams. Not too much buffering can happen,so unless the connection is absolutely perfect,you are going to have glitches. If too many people watching,or the servers are crap, you will have a slow and crappy experience.

I have a 250mbps connection and i'm getting a lot of pauses during viewing.

Appreciate the info!

Everyone watch JDS vs Gonzaga right now..

Simply for Rogan's voice when Gonzaga takes JDS down.

This was so worth it oh my god.

Oooohhh he's got him down...OOOOHHH he's got his back..

Ooohhh back to his feet..

Brilliant marketing.

brock > carwin
rothwell > yvel
kongo > crocop
nogueira > werdum

you forgot JDS > Cain

Back