8 Count Body Builders

• Thread starter black_samurai**
  • Start date
B

black_samurai**

The vets here know what um talking about right? Any of you guys do um? are they worth it or just a waste of time?

Isnt an 8 count a burpee with a pushup? If that is what im thinking about im thinking that its kind of better to "cheat" a bit with the pushup and be sure to have speed in it instead since burpees are best done at a furious pace. What I mean with cheating is that when you kick back your feet you simultaniously drop down for a pushup and pushup in one smooth motion without ever stoping for the pushup. I think its better to do it in this fashion with an -explosive- jump for gpp purposes atleast.

I always thought 8 count refered to 6 seconds down, 1 second pause then 1 second explosive upward.

Yeah, I've done 8 counts before, but I never put them into my routine. I would do them every now and then kind of like negatives. I had good success with my workouts only adding them once in a blue moon.

An 8-count bodybuilder is actually a 'step-by-step' exercise in which, from a standing positiong, you:

1.) Squat down and place your hands shoulder-width on the ground in front of you. 'Frog Position'
2.) Kick your legs out to the push-up position
3.) Kick your legs apart in a scissor motion O-<
4.) Close your legs back into push-up position
5.) Drop your body into the 'down' portion of a push-up
6.) Push yourself back Up into the push-up position
7.) Tuck your knees to your chest/back to the same 'Frog Position' as step 1
8.) Starjump from the Frog Position as high as you can launch yourself on a vertical

This one is a combination of body co-ordination, timing, and some pretty decent exercise. If you develop the co-ordination to let loose on this exercise in rapid succession, without missing a step or skipping a beat you're in for a real workout. Especially if you can do 30 in succession. Or 25 in one minute, without sacrificing the crisp movements into slop.

Guards said:
An 8-count bodybuilder is actually a 'step-by-step' exercise in which, from a standing positiong, you:

1.) Squat down and place your hands shoulder-width on the ground in front of you. 'Frog Position'
8.) Starjump from the Frog Position as high as you can launch yourself on a vertical

This one is a combination of body co-ordination, timing, and some pretty decent exercise. If you develop the co-ordination to let loose on this exercise in rapid succession, without missing a step or skipping a beat you're in for a real workout. Especially if you can do 30 in succession. Or 25 in one minute, without sacrificing the crisp movements into slop.

In boot camp and pre BUDS training we did the push up portion of the 8 counts first instructors will also change the leg scissor motion into a mountain climber. We never did a star jump cause its too akward to do it in boots.

1.) Frog posistion
3.) Down
4.) Up
5.) Right Leg Mountain Climber
6.) Left Leg Mountain Climber
7.) Tuck your knees to your chest/back
8.) Stand up

Guards said:

Minus the Starjump at the end, because usually you are already in the pushup position again. When you reach step 5 that can last for as many pushups as you can handle.
No I dont do them any more. I still do a metric butt ton of pu's but became bored with 8 count bb's after 6 years.

This is great techinique I find for all cardio related sports such as basket ball withing one week it made a great improvment for the players that have the weakest on cardio within the team as well as shown improvments withing each and every other player on the team as well.

Fucking dumbass exercise.
Almost every exercise we do in Army PT is designed to destroy the hip the shoulder the back or the elbow..or all of them.
Fucking MULE KICKS? Please.
Sir, I have a better idea, since we need to be strong, how about we lift weights and since we have to have some cardio how about we fucking run and spring?

black_samurai said:
In boot camp and pre BUDS training we did the push up portion of the 8 counts first instructors will also change the leg scissor motion into a mountain climber. We never did a star jump cause its too akward to do it in boots.

1.) Frog posistion
3.) Down
4.) Up
5.) Right Leg Mountain Climber
6.) Left Leg Mountain Climber
7.) Tuck your knees to your chest/back
8.) Stand up

I was taught at one point to do the Scissor/Climber first so that you emphasize the steady position of the pushup before performing it. Alot of people would 'cheat' when the 8-counts started going quick by doing the first 3 movements as one. From standing, fall into the 'down' push-up position. Don't remember which one changed the rule, but for the emphasis on being accurate and doing 8 counts of exercise, I prefer the version I listed. :D I haven't substituted the mountain climber in a long time... Might be something to do on my next warm-up.

I usually use about 10 8-counts as a warm-up in with my stretching routine before doing anything seriously physical. It gets the blood pumping just about everywhere on your body... from calfs and forearms to abs and back.

Great way to get ready for 29 minutes of a Bas Rutten All Around Workout!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back