6'9'' 250lbs top level athlete

He would dwarf Cain,with good defense he could make that fight very intresting.

The main problem with all of these scenarios is the same. These athletes would like to do MMA after their physical prime is over--or after a bunch of injuries in their chosen, much-better paying pro sport...which may even be pro wrestling. We're not going to see a true, prime NFL pro bowl athlete or champion boxer in MMA.

He makes 3mil a year for sitting on his ass. I really doubt we'll see him come over to get choked out for 5k
But the Reebok fight kit could win him over.

His MMA and kickboxing record don't exist. Please provide any proof before posting made up numbers.

That dudes record is about as real as Rickson Gracie's 400-1.

The main problem with all of these scenarios is the same. These athletes would like to do MMA after their physical prime is over--or after a bunch of injuries in their chosen, much-better paying pro sport...which may even be pro wrestling. We're not going to see a true, prime NFL pro bowl athlete or champion boxer in MMA.
Good point, I think there's hope for this guy. Mostly a bench player/defense expert. but have to agree that pass 32yrs old he won't reach the UFC level

In fact I can't even find record of a single fight he's had. They must have been in that underground kumite organization Frank Dux talks about.

Does James Johnson know how much the reebok pay is? That might make him think twice...

Holly Holm has been cross training for over a decade.

Striking in MUCH easier to pick up that grappling, you can't replicate years worth of grappling experience you can merely hope to defend it at best.

This isn't like fighting amateurs where mere talent or physical advantages can get you by, a guy who's been doing Sambo, BJJ, Wrestling most of their life would plant this guy very easily.

There are a few exceptions with strikers like Wonderboy, Crocop, Holm, etc... But to compare his credentials to theirs is beyond laughable

Thank you for admitting you were wrong.

His MMA and kickboxing record don't exist. Please provide any proof before posting made up numbers.

well I don't all I have is this Link ; http://grantland.com/the-triangle/they-call-him-bloodsport-james-johnson-kicks-his-way-into-the-nba/
Wiki page of him ; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Johnson_(basketball,_born_1987)
also ; http://www.thestar.com/sports/baske...k_ninja_raptor_james_johnson_turns_heads.html
yahoo on him ; https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mma/blo...-NBA-first-round-pick-with-qui?urn=mma,172202

Last edited:
Holly Holm has been cross training for over a decade.

Striking in MUCH easier to pick up that grappling, you can't replicate years worth of grappling experience you can merely hope to defend it at best.

This isn't like fighting amateurs where mere talent or physical advantages can get you by, a guy who's been doing Sambo, BJJ, Wrestling most of their life would plant this guy very easily.

There are a few exceptions with strikers like Wonderboy, Crocop, Holm, etc... But to compare his credentials to theirs is beyond laughable
this is flat out wrong

grappling is much easier to pick up than striking

didn't made anything up, just stumble on some article of that guy . see "link" attch to this trhead

Sometimes people want to live out their dreams.

Or you could post at Sherdog all day and shit on Brendan Schaub because he earns more money than you.

Appreciate the references. Not your fault, but clearly the news outlet is slinging some bullshido level lies. In the age of camera phones and the internet, a guy can't go 7-0 amateur in MMA and 20-0 kickboxing without there being some sort of references about events or matches. I think Johnson should stick to basketball and not story telling.

considering hes got a martial arts background, he could do well

this is flat out wrong

grappling is much easier to pick up than striking

By far the most absurd post of the day.

Specially when discussing it on an MMA level. Simply put it this way: elite grappler has a much better chance to KO an elite striker than a striker subbing a grappler lol.

Back