• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

50k to buy a fun car - what do you get?

A used Ariel Atom 2 should be under 50k. It's not street legal but it has a power-to-weight ratio similar to a Bugatti Veyron and gets up to 60 in under 3 seconds.

It handles like its on rails, and it'll run a race track at bowel evacuating speeds. Here it is casually overtaking (I think) a 911 and an M3 at Nurburgring. Not bad or 50k.

But unless you can afford a second car you'll need a bus pass to get to work.

You better put some respek on that Blackwing name. All 668 Horsepower.

Although good luck finding one anywhere near $50k these days.

I'll be honest, the CT5 just looks like a Honda Civic from far away. It completely lacks road presence.

They should have kept the CT6.... now that was a beautiful car.

Pocket the rest

Buy a Honda Civic, and pocket the rest.

My Coworker was debating buying a Supra, then a C8... and settled on a 2021 Lexus RC350 F Sport yesterday.

Blah.

I love the RC line, but that center console is really outdated. They updated it this year, but it's still bad.
It's still better than the new Vette center console.

My problem with the Blackwing is that it was only used in a couple of cars for a short time. Trying to find parts for them in 20 years is going to be rough. IMO one of the major benefits of buying a performance Cadillac, Mustang, Camaro, etc is that there are dealers in just about every major city that can fix your car. Some dealers won't work on Blackwing.

I love the RC line, but that center console is really outdated. They updated it this year, but it's still bad.
It's still better than the new Vette center console.

My problem with the Blackwing is that it was only used in a couple of cars for a short time. Trying to find parts for them in 20 years is going to be rough. IMO one of the major benefits of buying a performance Cadillac, Mustang, Camaro, etc is that there are dealers in just about every major city that can fix your car. Some dealers won't work on Blackwing.
To be fair, they're fixing the Vette center console for the 25 MY.

Also, I can't disagree with you on the Blackwing. Parts on cars that out out production are hard to find as it is, even just a few years after.

I love the blackwing. If they got a manual in, I’d already own one but the one I got a crack at was auto. MSRP then was 83 CDN. I should have took it.

Modern BMWs have become pretty reliable. They rank above all American manufacturers and all the bigger German ones as well. Unfortunately all modern cars have become stupid expensive to fix.

lol wut? there over engineered poop backs

I ended up blowing the budget a bit but it drives really nice and is comfortable. I like that it just looks like any other car on the road as I don’t want “flashy”. Those who know what it is will know but to most, it’s just another challanger.

I want to be able to pull up to job sites and stuff with this and fit a certain image that I don’t feel a German car or a c8 would do. Too flashy. This or a black wing doesn’t command that “look at me” but has the performance i want.

I’m going to take my girlfriend for a long drive in it tonight. Super happy.

Attachments

• IMG_3989.jpeg
    IMG_3989.jpeg
    425.7 KB · Views: 8
And give up over 100hp? Yuck

That extra 100hp won't mean shit when the car is ready for the crusher in 6 years.
Adding 8+ lbs of boost to a Kia is going to lead to a bad time. Those motors aren't going to last

I ended up blowing the budget a bit but it drives really nice and is comfortable. I like that it just looks like any other car on the road as I don’t want “flashy”. Those who know what it is will know but to most, it’s just another challanger.

I want to be able to pull up to job sites and stuff with this and fit a certain image that I don’t feel a German car or a c8 would do. Too flashy. This or a black wing doesn’t command that “look at me” but has the performance i want.

Congrats on the purchase.

But LOL at the Hellcat looking like any other car on the road and not being flashy.

A used Ariel Atom 2 should be under 50k. It's not street legal but it has a power-to-weight ratio similar to a Bugatti Veyron and gets up to 60 in under 3 seconds.

It handles like its on rails, and it'll run a race track at bowel evacuating speeds. Here it is casually overtaking (I think) a 911 and an M3 at Nurburgring. Not bad or 50k.

But unless you can afford a second car you'll need a bus pass to get to work.

You might get a kick out of this. My mechanic Mike (owner of Nocturnal Motorworks) in St. Charles Missouri makes drift chassis's that put up similar numbers.

1,500lbs-280HP
You can put whatever engine you would like in these things.

I believe he sold the green for around 20k.

VW transporter with the back turned into a camper.

No fun driving but will add more fun to your life.

If I had space for a second car thst would be it.

I have an older a7di a4 quattro 2l turbo, fast fun and cheap .

I would buy a junker and use the money to travel. BUT.... if I'm forced then I'd buy a classic mustang or vette and cruise the states...

Tesla really fucked their customers over by cutting prices as much as they have. I read a story about a dude that paid $140k for Model X plaid 2.5 years ago that ended up selling it for $75k recently. You can buy one new for like $100k now.

That 19% depreciation per year on one of the fastest cars on the market.

Not great obviously but not terrible

72 Datsun 240z
This is one of the cars I race against. It is the best looking car in our series IMO.

16_z_bash_0032.jpg

Daaaaaammnnn

Back