5 Years Since The Sale: Is The UFC Better?

Lets see it hasn't gone the way of boxing yet. No tons and tons of weightclasses and titles watering everything down. WMMA was brought in by the Vegas guys before. It hasn't really changed all that much.

I don't know how anyone who actually watched the pre-sale and the post-sale (to prevent bias from either side) could say that it hasn't gotten dramatically worse. Immediate rematches, inactivity/hold outs, insanely watered down cards, a revolving door of interim champs.... I legitimately stopped caring

No, it’s trash. All ducking, waiting out, and looking for money fights. The best rarely fight the best. And even though it was before my time. The champs used to always face the next guy in line.

Conor changed the game alright. He turned it into a circus.
Agreed like a motherfucker.

I think its worse.
AngelicNimbleHammerkop-max-1mb.gif

Booooooooo! Booooo!

I got to put together this piece for MMAOP. It looks at the UFC since Endeavour's takeover and what they've brought yo the table.

Hope ya'll dig it.

Is MMA on point paid to promote Dana white and the UFC? The majority of the content are UFC business related. It's
ad nauseam.

Not to take anything away from your technical work and producing the video. Good job man. Hope you got paid. I just question the content.

Last edited:
From what I have read, Frank was a good mediator.

With him gone, it is now:

Shareholders and Dana vs. Fighter and his promoter

We need a fair referee between the sides

it's pretty similar. more cards now. not much has changed besides that.

For me it is way worse. Seems like we get one or 2 good fights a card with the rest being Generic fighter vs Generic fighter 2. I'd rather watch Bellator these days. At least I care about most of their fighters.

FOOK NO!!!!!

Worse, but I still get a mild chub when a quality pay-per-view card comes along (in contrast with the massive, Peter North-like chub I used to get back in the day). I would gladly give up the weekly fight night cards for one absolutely loaded pay-per-view event each month.

The next few cards have me more excited than normal, obviously because they are loaded from top to bottom, which is how it should be.

Steadily worse, and I'm not trying to say that as a nostalgic douche.

They have taken an imperfect but winning formula at its peak and tried to sqeeze it- which has led to more waiting out and rematching. The whole thing feels more or less tailored to casuals that frequent espn.

Trying to recapture the conor and ronda phenomenon was never going to work, and they should have instead concentrated on maintaining the foundation that gave us these stars.

The roster is bloated and the cards are watered down. But I'll always love fighting, so I'll probably keep watching for a while.

Last edited:
I still watch every card, but I think the UFC is not as good as it was before. I don't care for streaming the events, don't like the fact that I pay more for PPV, and it seems that most fight cards are watered down with many fighters I am not familiar with. That said, it's still fighting and I still enjoy it.

As a gambler I like that we get cards every single weekend.

Like that we get cards full of lesser known fighters a lot now too. Those guys go for it as they have so much less to lose. Those cards usually end up being bangers.

I don't like that they'll always put low-skilled HWs on main cards right at the top if they can. It's fine when it's a high-profile fight, but most of the time they aren't and it slows things down too much.

I was hoping the UFC would put a bit more into the show side of things like other orgs do. It seems weird to me that entrances and everything are so tame. You look at like the old Pride entrances and they're exciting as fuck. Even Bellator and PFL do way better in this area. It's not part of fighting, and maybe it would become grating quick though.

Cards are terrible today. I can’t even remember the last time I tuned in, other than to watch a replay of one or two fights.

I got to put together this piece for MMAOP. It looks at the UFC since Endeavour's takeover and what they've brought yo the table.

Hope ya'll dig it.

It is better

Haters are delusional

*The sport has become healthier
*Slightly less rules and it is trending to less rules overtime
*It is also trending to making Weight cutting illegal
*Espn coverage

*The performance institutes are Global now Mexico, China, US, and soon I bet Brazil & Russia.

*Better athletes entering etc

It’s felt like for the last 5 years the ufc has been completely out of touch with their fan base and are doing the opposite of all the things we were hoping for.

More stacked cards? Nope

Better fight pacing through out the night? Nope.

Improved pricing and more affordable options? Nope

Exciting title fights? Half of them are rematches.

I’ve never felt more ignored by an organization I’ve consistently purchased products from for so long. Hey, look at the bright side. At least we got TUF back and an espn limited series detailing how Dana white grasped mma from the pits of hell during covid and brought it back to the fans.
i remember dana white saying that if you got the fanpass you would be eligable for cheaper pay per views........ they have gone up and during a pandemic none the less.

Back