5 Years Since The Sale: Is The UFC Better?

Revenue wise probably. I'm definitely overly nostalgic for the days where the PPVs we're on at Applebee's. Usually cards would be amazing, now I struggle to know people outside of like the top 3 matchups on a card. And their ESPN+ deal sucks for a consumer, idk where to find fights most of the time

Yeah and Alvarez probably wrecks Olivera. He's a very gifted fighter but also defensively vulnerable, hence your statement that today's champs are a cut above is silly.

you mean eduard alvarez who got wrecked by a bloated featherweight??? chuckie olives would beat eduard and francisco in the same night

It's only a matter of time before cards are 70 to 80 percent chick fights so they can do even more events a year.

I’m old school at heart ….. USADA and Low level WMMA are my issues …. Less cards with better quality sounds ok , but when I go a weekend without UFC I miss it …..I think people look back at the old days with rose coloured glasses ….The quality of fights are better now overall for sure …..

Honestly reckon the quality of product is more or less the same. Cards are definitely diluted a little though.

I think what stands out for me is that the fighters that attracted me to the sport are retiring or have retired.

I started following MMA when I watched a video of the Cain vs JDS fight and was awestruck by the heart JDS was showed. Cormier also drew me into the sport with his feud with JJ. Nowadays, all my favourite fighters are pretty much retired and I'm finding it hard to connect with the likes of Sean fucking O'Malley.

I got to put together this piece for MMAOP. It looks at the UFC since Endeavour's takeover and what they've brought yo the table.

Hope ya'll dig it.

Practically speaking: On rare occasion I can watch an entire card without changing the channel. (I'm in USA).

Cards that are said to be "wattered down" often turn out to have the most exciting fights... So that's not a problem for me.

155 division has been held up since the BJ Penn/Edgar/Maynard/Henderson rematches... So not an ownership problem... A DFW matchmaking problem..

New owners have failed at "Star Making" but really Brock and Ronda pretty much did it on their own. Conor is a cross-over phenomena.. So whatever for him.

It's stupid... But I miss the "Bring the Pain" intros.... But that's my problem :)

There's a lot of ungrateful anger in here

People will bitch no matter what

We've been spoiled to the gills the way the UFC handled the events in the midst of a pandemic

It could've been zero fights the past 19 months

The FW and LW divisions have been able to build up to exciting matchups at every turn.
HW is decent for a change. WW has kept us entertained for sure.

What do you expect??????
serious question

266 shaped up to be a good card
Diaz is back
we get to see another valentina slaughter
and ortega vs volk for the belt

shiet, the undercard has Moraes and Hooker

267/268 just fire up and down the card

you whiny lil bitches get way too emotional from your lack of testosterone.

Back