• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

5 years ago we witnessed one of the most exciting WW championship fights ever.

You mean Fedor. Jones is at Fedor's level, except for failing PED's. I think its clear that everyone uses PED's at the UFC level, but to get caught means either you have an IQ in the 70 range so you're too stupid to follow simple procedures (and Jones is pretty smart), or you're using more than everyone else to get an edge. Everyone is cheating, but some people are cheating so much they get caught. Its the difference between driving 10 mph over the speed limit and getting away with it, or driving 30 mph over the speed limit and being ticketed.

Fedor almost certainly used in Pride, where they didn't test, but everyone was at the same PED level there (ie as much as they wanted), so it wasn't unfair. Jones used more than the guys who didn't test positive, which is unfair. Its a mark against him.

But PEDs don't matter.
Only the leves on the game.

The fact that Dana didn't score the 5th for GSP shows he went full retard a long time ago and should never ever be taken seriously with anything he has to say regarding MMA (also said Sanchez beat Kampmann...)

And anyone quoting The Goofapotomus to try to prove a point cannot be taken seriously. Particularly when it's that @Toner tool who has been banned so many times but keeps crawling back cus he clearly doesn't have a life outside of the interwebs
Cry more

Hendricks retired GSP.

this man said woodley/ wonderboy was at a higher level when those fights were GOD AWFUL. Two guys scared to engage

Then he said GSP is on the same level as Vitor

Then he said PEDs don’t matter

I’m outta here

Hendricks only left 70% in the cage, not everything.

UFC 167 was a great card capped off by a great main event. Both men left everything in the cage. At the time, I’d never been more entertained by a welterweight title bout. Although there will always be controversy when discussing this fight, it’s still cool to reminisce.
View attachment 472189
View attachment 472185
View attachment 472193

Man I remember the fight almost being hard to watch. Hendricks really beat the hell out of GSP but GSP showed major heart in NEVER giving up. I mean look at his face its just welts on top of welts. He had to be hurting for a long time after this.

this man said woodley/ wonderboy was at a higher level when those fights were GOD AWFUL. Two guys scared to engage

Then he said GSP is on the same level as Vitor

Then he said PEDs don’t matter

I’m outta here

Well, tbh, prime Vitor beats prime GSP at the same weight.

You can talk to me directly.

You can talk to me directly.

Trt vitor vs gsp at 185 would be awesome. But gsp has had the better career. That's why he should be on tier 1. If your tiers are based on who would beat who then how are mm and Aldo tier 2? Gsp would beat them both at the same time

I like Vitor like the next guy, but he had a career of losing to the top guys he fought until he had his roid-fueled late career resurgence in Brazil.

Hard to give him too much credit for that.

Choose fight. Hardly a robbery like some say. Couldve really went either way

Hendricks was equally “clean” or equally as roided as GSP was.

You have zero evidence to claim otherwise, except nuthugging bias.
Nuthugger? No I'm straight so please don't talk homosexual.

This was even better.

200.gif

Lawler's nose is so broken his face looks flat.

How ironic, book just came out Tuesday afternoon at noon- " the great Rigg robbery".
From what I hear, sales are doing LIKE REAL WELL.

GSP cherrypicked the weakest MW champ ever after ducking Prime Silva during their concurrent title reigns.

He developed colitis once he actually had to fight Robert Whittaker or other MW contenders.

Man, you guys.

GSP didn't duck Anderson, the way Anderson didn't duck Juicehead Jones, and so on. Guys in P4P consideration aren't "ducking" bigger guys on that list. It's transparent to suggest otherwise.

GSP didn't cherry-pick Bisping, he'd been campaigning for a MW fight for almost a year before Bisping was champion. It's also worth noting that the Bisping GSP beat was the same guy who beat Anderson, and quite a few people were picking Bisping to beat GSP.

Yes, he developed colitis, and has looked incredibly diminished. Some incredibly respected people are saying GSP was (and is) incredibly sick, but that's not good enough for you, no, for you it's guilty until proven innocent. That's the only narrative you're comfortable with.

I think it's hilarious how you guys are calling GSP a cherry-picker and ducker when he was by far the best champion has ever had; he fought anyone they wanted to put in front of him without a word of complaint, or opinions on who it should be, while other champions (especially Anderson) always felt it was their right to choose a worthy opponent. Silva spent two years telling everyone Chris wasn't good enough, and look how that turned out. About GSP Dana said they'd pick a guy and GSP would sign. Anderson begged for a Bisping fight for years while he was still champion and Bisping was getting killed by anyone in the top five.

GSP had an extraordinary career, retired for years, and came back for legacy fights. Considering the fact he's arguably the best fighter who has ever lived, the UFC should be giving him whatever fights he wants, full stop. There are some legitimate complaints about that, for instance if GSP is allowed to cut the line fans of the fights being moved back should complain, but the loudest complaints are absolutely going to come from fans of the fighters whose legacies GSP is further eclipsing.

Back