• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television Star Wars THE ACOLYTE (New Trailer, post #45)

I think mysterious Bane helmet bad guy is Tenebrous and Mae will become the (race-swapped from Muun) mother of Plagueis.
Okay, teh 24 year old is primed & ready for pregnancy.
She may have to work on her kegelz to get a big ol Muun up in her business. 🤪

I love teh theory though. Something I hadn't seen as a possibility.

Last edited:
I dropped the Witcher, I dropped Silo, I dropped a couple other shows not because of "the agenda" itself, but because of how untalented and dumb were the attempts to insert it into the story (or lack of it to be honest).

I 100% agree with you about the Witcher and had to tap out after the 1st season, but what's wrong with Silo? I'm eagerly waiting for the next season.

Honestly I feel like sometimes when you just average out the scores between the critics and the user scores you get something more accurate. What was it, like 85% fresh from critics and then 15% from users. If we're being honest, both of those scores seem very suspect.

But average them out to a 50? Well, you know that seems pretty on point. On the internet people love histrionics, especially nerd outrage for stuff like Star Wars, games, etc. It's almost like a badge of honor to see how upset you can get over it. You're literally getting several people who rant prolifically without even watching the show. Nobody has to watch anything. I've never seen the Twilight movies because they look like garbage. I assume they are, but I dont go into Twilight threads saying "Let me tell why this is garbage and why the themes of the movies are all intricately woven with a political agenda". As opposed to something like "yeah, I watched the first 2 and they were garbage for these reasons, so I assume the same is true for the rest of them. So fuck that noise". The latter position I can understand, the former is just choosing ignorance but somehow thinking you're the most insightful person in the discussion.

For me the first two episodes hovered over about 5.5-6. Bad execution but a mystery is a mystery and set ups are usually far more interesting than pay-offs. Then episode 3 was absolute garbage tier, so the entire show is around a 4.5-5 for the first 3 episodes. So it would take something miraculous in the next 5 episodes for me to call the show anything other than sub-par. However, it still feels like the showrunner is trying to make a decent Star Wars show, just doesnt have the talent to pull it off. Theres nothing terribly wrong with the ideas in the show, but the execution is clumsy and amateurish.

So even though I dont think the show is bad because of all this non-existent politcal agenda within it (so far), its certainly bad in no small part due to the fact that the showrunner obviously did get the job due to diversity, so political agenda is certainly somewhat to blame. So I dunno why the outlets dont complain about that as opposed to overreacting about superfluous crap that doesnt even matter I.E. : "Oh, they call it the thread! STAR WARS DESTROYED!". OMG shut the fuck up, you moron.

Yep, that's my point exactly. That's why I'm saying IMDb scores (because the scale is anywhere from 1 to 10) are more telling than the disparity between critics and audience scores on Rotten Tomatoes. The latter tells us this show is probably very marginal with both critics and audiences. I'm with the minority that thought E3 was better than the first two but that's because I can appreciate it's trying to set up something worthwhile.

Okay, teh 24 year old is primed & ready for pregnancy.
She may have to work on her kegelz to get a big ol Muun up in her business. 🤪

I love teh theory though. Something I hadn't seen as a possibility.

<{jackyeah}>

I could be wrong but after 3 episodes, I think they've introduced the character that's going to be Plagueis' mother, his (pre-Sid) acolyte or possibly Plagueis himself. There has to be something here that matters in the big picture or KK and lesbian producer chick are stupider than I thought.

You better hope those dicks fuck those assholes or else all of our dicks and pussies will get covered in shit.

The power of... many!!!

1718619150450.png

Last edited:
Honestly I feel like sometimes when you just average out the scores between the critics and the user scores you get something more accurate. What was it, like 85% fresh from critics and then 15% from users. If we're being honest, both of those scores seem very suspect.

But average them out to a 50? Well, you know that seems pretty on point. On the internet people love histrionics, especially nerd outrage for stuff like Star Wars, games, etc. It's almost like a badge of honor to see how upset you can get over it. You're literally getting several people who rant prolifically without even watching the show. Nobody has to watch anything. I've never seen the Twilight movies because they look like garbage. I assume they are, but I dont go into Twilight threads saying "Let me tell why this is garbage and why the themes of the movies are all intricately woven with a political agenda". As opposed to something like "yeah, I watched the first 2 and they were garbage for these reasons, so I assume the same is true for the rest of them. So fuck that noise". The latter position I can understand, the former is just choosing ignorance but somehow thinking you're the most insightful person in the discussion.

For me the first two episodes hovered over about 5.5-6. Bad execution but a mystery is a mystery and set ups are usually far more interesting than pay-offs. Then episode 3 was absolute garbage tier, so the entire show is around a 4.5-5 for the first 3 episodes. So it would take something miraculous in the next 5 episodes for me to call the show anything other than sub-par. However, it still feels like the showrunner is trying to make a decent Star Wars show, just doesnt have the talent to pull it off. Theres nothing terribly wrong with the ideas in the show, but the execution is clumsy and amateurish.

So even though I dont think the show is bad because of all this non-existent politcal agenda within it (so far), its certainly bad in no small part due to the fact that the showrunner obviously did get the job due to diversity, so political agenda is certainly somewhat to blame. So I dunno why the outlets dont complain about that as opposed to overreacting about superfluous crap that doesnt even matter I.E. : "Oh, they call it the thread! STAR WARS DESTROYED!". OMG shut the fuck up, you moron.

I think the point Hog made about why he thinks this project is getting review bombed is its getting worse reviews than Kenobi and BOBF. Which are generally considered the worst Disney Star Wars projects outside the main movies. Whatever you think of it doesn't deserve that especially right away.

A REALLY important point that everyones ignoring is this is a multi season show . Season 1s aren't supposed to be great typically because they are introducing the characters and the plot is just getting established. Opposed to being resolved like in a movie or limited series. Famously Breaking Bads S1 was terrible. Part of why shows like Ashoka should be graded on a curve compared to your typical one off project like Kenobi. Whatever vision they have for this show is not going to be concluded in S1.

I think the point Hog made about why he thinks this project is getting review bombed is its getting worse reviews than Kenobi and BOBF. Which are generally considered the worst Disney Star Wars projects outside the main movies. Whatever you think of it doesn't deserve that especially right away.

I think perhaps this show is on par with Ahsoka, which is mediocre. But we've only gotten set up episodes so far, so too early to tell.

But as bad as Kenobi - hell no. That was a piece of shit with comical WB production quality. The final fight with Vadar was like watching a soap opera with that "motion smoothing" on modern TV's.

I think perhaps this show is on par with Ahsoka, which is mediocre. But we've only gotten set up episodes so far, so too early to tell.

But as bad as Kenobi - hell no. That was a piece of shit with comical WB production quality. The final fight with Vadar was like watching a soap opera with that "motion smoothing" on modern TV's.

Ashoka I felt was divisive based on the pro animation and anti animation people. I liked it and am excited for the 2nd season. This show has no built in fanbase. No one knows or cares about any of those characters. With Ashoka the audience knowing the characters served as a cover for this part of the show. With this no one knows any of these characters.

The thing that Kenobi and BOBF have in common that explains them being bad is they were supposed to be movies and were turned into TV shows. I prefer TV shows to movies but Hollywood constructs movies a very distinct way from TV shows and simply buffing a movie with deleted/added scenes and making it a season didn't work. Like you could tell various scenes had originally been done for theater. The fight with Vader was one of them both of them were. The music choices were another big tell. The Tusken thing in BOBF was such a movie sort of scene that feels stupid on the small screen.

Last edited:
I 100% agree with you about the Witcher and had to tap out after the 1st season, but what's wrong with Silo? I'm eagerly waiting for the next season.
The Witcher season 2 n 3 was 100x better thsn this abomination

Nothing's worse than those abominations.
Yes this show is multi levels worse ! At least Witcher had solid produ tion value and Yennefer n others were hot. This show has no redeemable qualities

Maybe it is the case of me having an allergy towards girl bosses and dumb idiots in sci fi settings. Probably would have finished it if it was the first one like that.
My wife watched the whole season and said it was nice.
I had a problem with overused tropes, women being the only competent characters and general idiocy of some episodes.

A REALLY important point that everyones ignoring is this is a multi season show . Season 1s aren't supposed to be great typically because they are introducing the characters and the plot is just getting established. Opposed to being resolved like in a movie or limited series. Famously Breaking Bads S1 was terrible. Part of why shows like Ashoka should be graded on a curve compared to your typical one off project like Kenobi. Whatever vision they have for this show is not going to be concluded in S1.

This is fckin GIGA COPE. Season ones are often the best because you're starting out fresh and hooking people in. It's later seasons that are often worse because they're running out of ideas.

Just keep chanting "The power of the maaaaannny" and keep slurping this slop. Bad writing is bad writing and bad dialogue and acting has nothing to do with which season it is.

Maybe it is the case of me having an allergy towards girl bosses and dumb idiots in sci fi settings. Probably would have finished it if it was the first one like that.
My wife watched the whole season and said it was nice.
I had a problem with overused tropes, women being the only competent characters and general idiocy of some episodes.

But they're literally just following the books. I think you're seeing girlbosses where they're not.

When it comes to making Star Wars films and series, 9 times out of 10, Disney gets it wrong.

Back