5 x 5

RJ43

The Baddy
@Gold
Reaction score
I like the 5x5 system, but to those of you who do this, do you work up to the 5x5 or what? Do you just jump right into to the work sets? My flat bench 5 rep max is 235, should i just jump right into that weight for 5x5 after my warm up (medicine ball throws and jump rope/exercise bike)? Or should i do a few warm up sets of like 135, 185 and so on? And on an unrelated matter, just curious does anyone have any short video clips of how to properly do a good morning? I can't shake the feeling i'm not doing these right. Thanks.

5x5 is basically composed of 2 warmup sets and 3 "working" sets. Lets say you can do 230 for 5 reps... Your two warmup sets might look like 1x5 of 165 and 1x5 200... then do 3x5 230

ballhawkdawk said:
5x5 article

Credit goes to Urban for introducing me to the article.

Awesome article, thank you for posting it up and Urban for letting you know about it. Ive recently been looking for size and strength, and this 5x5 just might be what im looking for!!

edit: just a quick note, S&P white belts are so much cooler than all the other forum sections. Keepin it real.

Just wanted to peak in and make sure the dan john article was posted... it was. high fives all around.

ballhawkdawk said:
5x5 article

Credit goes to Urban for introducing me to the article.
Oh, well there goes my planned contribution, gotta love Dan John's articles on t-nation always good reading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back