5-Hour Energy??

Warfist

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've been a fan of the Zero carb, zero sugar energy drinks such as Rockstar and a few others. It gives me a little boost but not much. One reason is for the coffee I have every morning...I'm so used to caffeine every day that energy drinks just don't seem to work like they once did.

I have heard this new 5 hour energy shot is pretty good...but was wondering if you guys have taken it...and if so, what are your thoughts, and how do you compare it to a normal energy drink?

First off, I like to catch a buzz. I have not taken this specifically, but i am pretty sure while in college i took some legal / illegal substances that gave me the similar effects, while also increasing my tolerance which in turn made me need more to get the desired stimulation. Ask yourself why you are using it, why you need it, and what the end result will be (relative to taking increasingly potent stimulants) and I think you will decide you are better off without it. or maybe you are a dumb ass.

how do you compare it to a normal energy drink?

Drink? Tsk. Tsk.

It's not a drink. More like a sip.

But with that sip you'll feel alert and focused for hours.

Without the crash or jitters.

:icon_lol: God that commercial kills me.

Here is a list of the ingredients: What's in the 5-Hour Energy drink?

I'll let MikeMartial or KingKabuki or someone else much smarter in nutrition than me answer your question though.

Drink? Tsk. Tsk.

It's not a drink. More like a sip.

But with that sip you'll feel alert and focused for hours.

Without the crash or jitters.

:icon_lol: God that commercial kills me.

Here is a list of the ingredients: What's in the 5-Hour Energy drink?

I'll let MikeMartial or KingKabuki or someone else much smarter in nutrition than me answer your question though.

that fucking commercial was on EVERY SINGLE commercial break during TUF marathon and finale. I wanted to murder.

guarana? tsk tsk

i want to headkick the dude that says that

worst commercial ever

i've tried it, and its much more potent than and energy drink, also its loaded w/ B12 thats good for ya if your feeling dehydrated. try it out.

I took one once on a long drive, it tasted nasty and I didn't feel any type of boost.

i work midnights drink them all the time. Sometimes they help, other times not so much.

i hav a bottle i havent drank it yet, ive had it for about 2 months, i think i should try it. it is 'exotic fruit'

i work midnights drink them all the time. Sometimes they help, other times not so much.

yeah, i have the same issue. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I was using it for about 4 months but I now just rely on food and willpower to get my energy up ever since the boost has been less noticable.

Never tried it myself. I'd imagine a couple of cups of coffee and a B50 tab would do the same.

The commercials are annoying as fuck, and the labeling doesn't specify the breakdown of it's "energy blend", which is probably mostly taurine and caffeine, although caffeine is listed last. Seems like a weak product to me. KK might actually have more input, because I've seen it on the shelf in the local GNC.

I actually drank one today around 4 or 5 pm... I didn't notice anythnig except a stomach ache though :( It should probably be noted that caffeine and energy drinks in general don't do anythnig for my "energy" though.

I tried one once when I had worked all night and had a 4 hour drive ahead of me. Figured, or hoped, it might get me over the mountain pass. I had to pull over at the summit for a 15 minute power nap which did me a lot more good.

Never tried it myself. I'd imagine a couple of cups of coffee and a B50 tab would do the same.

The commercials are annoying as fuck, and the labeling doesn't specify the breakdown of it's "energy blend", which is probably mostly taurine and caffeine, although caffeine is listed last. Seems like a weak product to me. KK might actually have more input, because I've seen it on the shelf in the local GNC.

Something about B50 or just high strength B vitamins. I know the answer, but thought I would ask anyway.
You wouldn't/couldn't get desensitized to vitamins/minerals could you? The body doesn't work like that surely...right?

Back